Fantasy General II - Patch I is out! New content & fixes!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Fantasy General II - Patch I is out! New content & fixes!

Post by AlbertoC »

Woah, it's been one hell of a week! Fantasy General has been out for 8 days, and we're very happy to see that people like it (Mostly Positive reviews on Steam).

As all the fans who have been following us closely know, Fantasy General II is a game which we mean to improve and expand. Last week was just the beginning of our journey, and we would like you to involve in it as much as possible.

Thanks to you and your feedback on our forum and on Discord, we were already able to spot some areas which needed a few fixes. We are now ready to release the first update today!

You can see the full changelog down below. Please let us know what you think on the forum, on Discord, on our socials or in the comments section below :) And of course, stay tuned, we have very juicy news coming.

Patch 1 Changelog (v01.00.07250)

New Skirmish Map
Added new skirmish maps: Battle Lines and Coastal Defense

The Gap adaptations
Replaced Longbowmen in "The Gap" (as Clan Machnar does not have them) and made sure there isn't too much Artillery. Now is your chance to take the Wall!

Lizard Tweaks
Lizard Hunters aren't retreating anymore and Newt chance of retreat is reduced. Should lead to a less annoying Sunken Lands. Get them lizards!

Berserker Balancing
Berserkers, Cleavers and Ulnar have more health; Berserkers and Cleavers are 'Fueled by Rage' (immune to kills) increasing survivability. ROOAR!

Loot Rebalancing
Reduced randomness of loot locations, there is now a clear flavour to every location and more and different volunteers from camps if there are open slots in your army.

Scavenging
We now grant and display mission rewards for some maps in the Battle Outcome screen. On Easy and Normal difficulty you also get a part of the gear of lost units refunded, making up for your losses.

After the Clanmeet
The decision you make after the Clanmeet now has a visible impact during your Borderlands part of the campaign (You need to replay that map for the bonus to take effect)

Thunderer buff
Thunderers now have a missile range of 3. Stones away!

Enemy XP Progression
XP progression does no longer scale with Player Army. You can now be better (but also worse) than the AI and paying for keeping XP is more useful. (Difficulty Setting still impacts XP progression)

Ambush
Ambushers remain on their hex after ambushing and killing a unit. Discuss!

Bugfixes
"Fixed bug where summoned units would sometimes have skills they shouldn't have (e.g. raiding)
Fixed bug where petrified units could still use free actions"

AI bugfix
Fixed a bug where the AI would not correctly evaluate the last seen enemy position and run off into the woods; will now follow/investigate hostile sightings correctly.

UI bugfix
Fixed icon and tooltip bugs in the display of artefact effects in the detailed combat previsualization.

UI loading
Added a loading indicator to campaign menu in case it takes some time to load all available campaigns.
Fixed an isssue causing savegames to not load correctly after a unit with a skill on cooldown dies.

Map Bugfix
Fixed bug where game is stuck in map "Clanmeet" when a temporary unit moves into the lake. Thanks to our players for spotting it!

Controls Bugfix
When cycling through units the camera now moves to the selected unit on the screen.

Load game UI
Allows double click to load a savegame.

Mirror Image Bugfix
Clones do not grant 3 Mana on death anymore and it doesn't allow to duplicate an artefact. Thanks for making us aware!

Heroes leaving Bugfix
Fixed the two game stoppers in the Empire, when Ulnar or Dolos would leave. Thanks to our players for finding that bug.

Disaease spreading Bugfix
Fixed a bug where spreaded Disease would immediately spread again, and again. Healthy!

Sounds
Added more unit sounds.

Move below flying units possible!
Implemented a key binding ("Movement Skill") to select the movement directly allowing you to move ranged units below flying units or flying units above enemy units without auto-attacking them. Existing Users need to bind the button themselves!!! New users can just use the default "M" key.

Fix Corrupted Savegame display
Improved handling of corrupted savegames ("Empty Savegame List"). It will now allow you to try to load it and display all non corrupted savegames correctly.

Localization
Fixed various localization bugs.

VFX
Fixed various visual effects.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Fantasy General II - Patch I is out! New content & fixes!

Post by Retributarr »

"Lord Thunderding Jesus!"... Your on a 'Mission From God!'.
Searoom
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Searoom »

I can't get the patch to download.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Should a VPN be disabled or enabled on a work laptop to download the patch?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

try the members area then you won't have the issue, but no normally if you install and play as admin, it should work, but with a VPN i also have no idea and maybe the work laptop isn't a great idea either as firewall may block it etc etc
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Currently, it is not available in the 'members' area. :(
Xarathas
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Xarathas »

Hi, I used the offline installer to install FG2 via GoG. I'm trying to manually patch the game but it keeps telling me FG2 isn't installed on my computer (but it is). Is there any way I can patch this without reinstalling the game? Also, if I have to reinstall, how do I back up the saved games?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

use have to use the GOG patch for the GOG Version, there not the same as the steam or site patch, that's why it says that the game isn't installed, as the correct version for the patch isn't so won't work, you will need to check the GOG site and see when a patch comes out,. as i have no idea on when or if it's already there or not either i'm sorry to say
Xarathas

Post by Xarathas »

yeah I wasn't able to find the patch on the GoG site, thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait.
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

Xarathas wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:08 pm yeah I wasn't able to find the patch on the GoG site, thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait.
Yea, if you don't use galaxy you would indeed need to wait until the patch number is corresponding with the latest patch number according to the developers page.
If this, as the developer tells us will be just the beginning of a long arduous journey, using galaxy might be preferably since you will be kept up to date automatically.
Galaxy will recognize the ofline GOG installation and correspond it with your account.

Just a thought

Return to “News & Announcements”