The king is back! Panzer Corps 2 is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: The king is back! Panzer Corps 2 is out!

Post by Teku »

Howdy! I've been playing this for a while and its going well (aside from a few probing games to see what difficulty i should be playing at) I have a question regarding captured units vs flaws. Is there a reason im not even allowed to use Captured equipment with certain flaws? i was under the impression that meant only applying that flaw to your own equipment, not captured ones. And why no more Italian units in North Afrika :( . I loved the challenge of making it to end game with the M13/40s and 14/41s
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Teku wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm Howdy! I've been playing this for a while and its going well (aside from a few probing games to see what difficulty i should be playing at) I have a question regarding captured units vs flaws. Is there a reason im not even allowed to use Captured equipment with certain flaws? i was under the impression that meant only applying that flaw to your own equipment, not captured ones. And why no more Italian units in North Afrika :( . I loved the challenge of making it to end game with the M13/40s and 14/41s
Mechanics I'd hazard. I assume you're talking about artillery, as the only two types of units you can be denied by choice are air units and artillery, and the former cannot be captured. However, fielding captured units is not mechanically different from requisitioning other units -- in fact they work exactly like prototypes, so as long as you have at least 10 captured you can field one. But that also means that denied artillery means you won't be able to field captured artillery. As for the lack of Italian units I agree with you -- I never used them much but there doesn't seem to be a reason not to allow the player to requisition Italian units in NA.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

SineMora wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 pm
Mechanics I'd hazard. I assume you're talking about artillery, as the only two types of units you can be denied by choice are air units and artillery, and the former cannot be captured. However, fielding captured units is not mechanically different from requisitioning other units -- in fact they work exactly like prototypes, so as long as you have at least 10 captured you can field one. But that also means that denied artillery means you won't be able to field captured artillery. As for the lack of Italian units I agree with you -- I never used them much but there doesn't seem to be a reason not to allow the player to requisition Italian units in NA.
It still feels impractical to be completely shut the player out of artillery with the flaw even if they have copious amounts of captured equipment that should be able to overcome that. I get the point of the mechanic in that its an extreme challenge to either ensure the survival of the ones you start with or make it without them, But i think it should be expanded or modified for it to allow captured units to still be useable :P but thats just me. And as for North Africa, i hope that a patch comes out that at least lets you use the ones you initially start with as core units. Idk i just liked the challenge of making a tank that was historically a dismal failure in 1940 able to be more than a match for Pershing's in 1945

Return to “News & Announcements”