The king is back! Panzer Corps 2 is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Hemi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: The king is back! Panzer Corps 2 is out!

Post by Hemi »

Thanks to all the devs! I am home from work and downloading the game. It's my birthday today, and this is the best present. I can't wait.
Charles Stedman
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Charles Stedman »

happy to install it but videos crashes early while music continues. Solutions?
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

Question on editions: Do you get ANY camo skin options in base game? "General" edition talks about 75 "exclusive" skins, but I thought base game was going to come with some...
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

RandomAttack wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:32 am Question on editions: Do you get ANY camo skin options in base game? "General" edition talks about 75 "exclusive" skins, but I thought base game was going to come with some...
Base game comes with over 100.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Charles Stedman wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:03 am happy to install it but videos crashes early while music continues. Solutions?
Best to post in the tech support forum and provide detailed specs for your computer and any log files. You've not provided enough information for us to begin to guess.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

miller330i
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by miller330i »

Can we change the photos for the heroes, generals? Will the game allow the flags to be changed? Thanks!!
Schnix

Losses in Panzer Corps 2

Post by Schnix »

Dear fans, I bought the game Panzer Corps 2. I waited a long time for this and enjoyed playing the first part as well as the Panzer Corps series. Does it also bother you that the losses at Panzer Coprs are so high or is it just mine? With Order of Battle, these are significantly lower. In Panzer Corps 2, a unit can almost be wiped out with one attack. A scout quickly loses 8 points against an enemy infantry. This is incomprehensible and historically incorrect. This takes a lot of the fun out of the game because the units are just cannon fodder. Why didn't they adopt the Order of Battle damage model. This is very good :( As before, it is unfortunately not fun compared to Order of Battle, with all other improvements. Can you possibly set it somewhere?
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Losses in Panzer Corps 2

Post by Rood »

Schnix wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:34 pm Dear fans, I bought the game Panzer Corps 2. I waited a long time for this and enjoyed playing the first part as well as the Panzer Corps series. Does it also bother you that the losses at Panzer Coprs are so high or is it just mine? With Order of Battle, these are significantly lower. In Panzer Corps 2, a unit can almost be wiped out with one attack. A scout quickly loses 8 points against an enemy infantry. This is incomprehensible and historically incorrect. This takes a lot of the fun out of the game because the units are just cannon fodder. Why didn't they adopt the Order of Battle damage model. This is very good :( As before, it is unfortunately not fun compared to Order of Battle, with all other improvements. Can you possibly set it somewhere?
That has always been the case with Panzer General and Panzer Corps. In OoB (which is also a really great game!) it takes often 4 turns with a fighters to bring down a bomber (which, you could argue, is also not historically correct).
Prestige is also a lot harder to come by in OoB so you get less income but also spent a whole lot less on repairs.

Both games have their own system, I like both of them. But I agree coming from OoB it's quite a shock to see a bomber do 7 damage against my artillery.

And you cannot really change this unless you change all the attack and defense values (especially those I guess) for all the units. If you would double all defense then you could expect to do less damage against enemy units and take less damage aswell, not exactly 50% less since I don't know the exact formula so I might be really off.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Schnix wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:34 pm Dear fans, I bought the game Panzer Corps 2. I waited a long time for this and enjoyed playing the first part as well as the Panzer Corps series. Does it also bother you that the losses at Panzer Coprs are so high or is it just mine? With Order of Battle, these are significantly lower. In Panzer Corps 2, a unit can almost be wiped out with one attack. A scout quickly loses 8 points against an enemy infantry. This is incomprehensible and historically incorrect. This takes a lot of the fun out of the game because the units are just cannon fodder. Why didn't they adopt the Order of Battle damage model. This is very good :( As before, it is unfortunately not fun compared to Order of Battle, with all other improvements. Can you possibly set it somewhere?
The solution does exist, but not in game's UI. You need to modify data files. Go to game's PanzerCorps2/Content/Data subfolder, open Rules.json file and set "base_accuracy" parameter to whatever you like. By default it is set to 50%, which means 50% of shots hit the target. To make all combat in the game less bloody, you can reduce it to, say, 30%. Keep in mind that it's a major change in game balance.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Schnix wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:34 pm In Panzer Corps 2, a unit can almost be wiped out with one attack. A scout quickly loses 8 points against an enemy infantry. This is incomprehensible and historically incorrect.
If your recon is losing 8 points against a single enemy infantry, you must be fighting infantry in close terrain.
This is a bad idea. Close combat is for infantry, especially engineers.
Removing entrenched infantry from cities requires a bit of work.
Suppress with Art and Strats, then attack with engineers for less losses.

In Poland your recon in clear terrain should kill ~5 infantry points while losing ~1.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
DoctorCreepy
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DoctorCreepy »

Well it looks like I have something to do while we all wait this virus out. Stay healthy everyone!
cdelf

Post by cdelf »

Do you know when the Ipad edition will be launched?
Regards :?:
jorisgeens

Post by jorisgeens »

I bought it today and i find it nowhere as good as even Panzer General 1.
The map is moving all the time and there is so much info allways.
Bad Idea
davidalberthill

Post by davidalberthill »

Sitting at home doing the self-quarantine. Downloading and installing now. Can't wait to start playing and take my mind on Covid-19.
srimmer1

Post by srimmer1 »

I've been a great supporter of Slitherine/Martrix over many years - a small company focusing on great strategy ideas and games which I think is wonderful and challenges the larger corporate game producers releasing crap games for big bucks. That said, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the Slitherine games - many game aspects are brilliant, but the games are sometimes released too early with a lot of bugs and issues too (both technical and gameplaying), and that detract greatly from playing enjoyment. I've just got Panzer Corp Two and are greatly disappointed. Again, great ideas and concepts poorly executed. Got to the North Africa campaign playing default difficulty but with not enough points to fixed damaged units and simply finding the game annoying - dozen of British tanks appear and I have no way of stopping them et al. It doesn't have to be like this and is a step back compared to the earlier version of panzer corp. I'm about to give-up and move on to other games and activities. I'm really sorry and sad about this, but I just don't have the free time to waste on games with lots of bugs and problems that are almost brilliant, but ultimately disappoint at the end of the day.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

srimmer1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:26 amGot to the North Africa campaign playing default difficulty but with not enough points to fixed damaged units
Same; I hate when a game is a strategic trap, when it makes us to lose without warning, so you invest time in a loss you discover so late.
Farre
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Farre »

Great!

Can i buy elite units?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Farre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:09 am Great!

Can i buy elite units?
That depends entirely on your definition of what 'elite' is. Personally, I consider an Overstrength Tiger I with multiple heroes attached pretty outrageously elite. :mrgreen:
Farre

Post by Farre »

Kerensky wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 pm
Farre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:09 am Great!

Can i buy elite units?
That depends entirely on your definition of what 'elite' is. Personally, I consider an Overstrength Tiger I with multiple heroes attached pretty outrageously elite. :mrgreen:
I mean like it is in Amulet mod and that Elite mod
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Farre wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 am I mean like it is in Amulet mod and that Elite mod
The default game does not include 'Elite' units.
But you are free to add them. :mrgreen:
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “News & Announcements”