Cannot move units after loading savegame, AI also not moving

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

smashtheaxis
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Cannot move units after loading savegame, AI also not moving

Post by smashtheaxis »

Encountered the following bugs today:

Started Antequera scenario in SCW campaign. First thing I noticed is that clicking a unit and hovering near an enemy unit does not show me the battle results forecast. I still play my first turn, moving units works still. When I hit the end turn button, my allies do nothing. The enemy does one attack on a neighboring unit and uses arty, but also does not move any units.

First I thought there was a problem with the AI allies order and I reload the autosave from the end of turn 1 to set it to attack. Now things are getting worse: After I reloaded, I notice that I cannot move my units. I can order the one unit neighboring an enemy to attack, but no moves possible. Clicking a unit shows no move indicators.

I hit next turn. The enemy "moves" (actually just rebases) his air units to a nearby airfield. I can move my units again though. But in the following turns, the enemy still does not move any units, including air units. Allies also don't move.

I quit the game and the app closes. Steam still lists it as running though, and I cannot stop the game there, also cannot quit Steam ("Waiting to shut down PC2..").

Anyone else encounter this bug?
docjc48
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Cannot move units after loading savegame, AI also not moving

Post by docjc48 »

Same situation with me:
after having loaded a saved game I can't move my troops anymore, neither in the saved game nor in a new campaign.
I can see the point where to go to also the arrow but nothing happens. Yesterday before the update everything works fine.
At the moment the game is not playable :(
smashtheaxis

Post by smashtheaxis »

Very weird, when I played again earlier today, the bug was gone. I did not change anything on my computer or with the game settings. Mysterious hiccup bug?
docjc48

Post by docjc48 »

you are more lucky than me ;)
even a deinstall with trying to delete everything in the registry etc and reinstall doesn't change anything
docjc48

Post by docjc48 »

Hi again,
at least Slitherine gave the solution :):
change from 2-button mouse to 1-button mouse and everything is fine again
smashtheaxis

Post by smashtheaxis »

Now that you mention the mouse, I plugged in a gamepad into my PC recently, maybe that has something to do with it?
Rostov22

Post by Rostov22 »

Just encountered this bug today. Playing regular campaign and had no issues for a month. Doing the Persia scenario of the campaign. Units can't move and no battle results forecast are displayed. Switching mouse from 1 to 2 has no effect. Is there a fix for this?
diday
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by diday »

Same bug for me, no success with the mouse button option (always was one button).
I'm at Lille, AO 1940. Everything was fine until the first turn of this scenario (I just finished the previous scenario, Arras, a few minutes ago).

- I don't have the combat prediction on select of my troops (I still have prediction when I hover an ennemy)
- After I split a recon, I cannot move the splitted part
- Sometimes I see, sometimes I don't, the AI move possibilities
- Rommel AI is doing nothing
- Ennemy AI is only attacking with AA and Artillery

If I runany Victory 0, I have the same problem on next scenario (Dunkirk).
If I start a new campaign (AO 1940, Norway), I have a similar problem : units that are neighboring my troops will attack. Other units (for instance planes) won't move.

Please help!
diday

Post by diday »

I could fix it (yay!) by the following action:
- delete the content of this folder C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Cache
- reboot the computer
Everything's back on track!
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

After an update, its always best to delete your cache.
Thats because the updated game is now different to the one that created the cache.
The same can be said about save games. Its quite possible for them to not work properly after an update and it may require you to replay that scenario from the beginning. It all depends on how much has changed, exacerbated by whatever that scenario contained. Unfortunately, if radical changes need to be made to the codebase, we can't wait for thousands and thousands of people to give us the nod that they've finished their current scenario.

So the advice is generally, don't update until you've finished your current game, and then delete the cache.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

P4NZ3RG3N3R4L

Post by P4NZ3RG3N3R4L »

diday wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:19 pm I could fix it (yay!) by the following action:
- delete the content of this folder C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Cache
- reboot the computer
Everything's back on track!

Sorry but this doesn't work. My Cache folder is empty and deleting the saves does also not work.
In my opinion the game crashing can only be solved by an update.
And until my game doesn't work I will not buy. AO1946 or Panzer Corps 2 Pacific. The game is dead on my machine.
Attachments
crash01.png
crash01.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 736 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Tech Support”