import works not for all PzC1 files at V1.1.20a

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

import works not for all PzC1 files at V1.1.20a

Post by peterw »

The import of PzC1 scenarios is only possible for about half of my old files with the editor of PzC2 V1.1.20a.

1) Some can’t be imported at all. When trying the editor crashes without an error message and nothing is done, see no-import.zip.

2) A few are partly imported. You get a .pz2scn file but no .map file. Therefore you can’t start the scenario, but you get a crash without error message, see wrong-import.zip.

Without an error message I have no workaround. I can’t identify what is different between the working scenarios and the not working once.

Greetings, Peter

Edit: Added the two examples.
Attachments
wrong-import.zip
(11.98 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
no-import.zip
(10.63 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by peterw on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: import works not for all PzC1 files at V1.1.20a

Post by Grondel »

the maps u cannot import at all can be fixed using the PC1 editor. Remove all units using tools and the import will work. i didn´t bother to check which unit is causing the problem.
the maps that import but can´t start, try saving them before starting. i´m not absolutely sure how i managed to get them to work but if i remember correct that was it.
peterw

Post by peterw »

Thank you for your help!

1) The "no-import" work without units. As I have a lot of scenario, I'll try to find out which unit type is exactly the problem.

2) Wrong-inport: Independed if I use save, save as or export no .map file is generated.
But if I delete all unit before the input it works too.

Nevertheless at the working scenarios the units are not the problem. The units which doesn't exist in PzC2 are just ignored.
In this campaign I have 13 scenarios with a problem. Therefore it’s worth I find out which unit types causes problems.

Greetings, Peter
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

peterw wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:52 am In this campaign I have 13 scenarios with a problem. Therefore it’s worth I find out which unit types causes problems.
seems the problem has been fixed and it was units with added entrenchment on map start. maybe try again after patching to 1.1.21
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Wrong-import scenario

The Bulgarian unit Do 17Z crashes the Editor(v1.1.21). If you delete this unit it’s good but you can always replaces this buggy Bulgarian unit with a new Do 17Z unit with the Editor(v1.1.21) and it works again.

Capture d’écran (724).jpg
Capture d’écran (724).jpg (324.17 KiB) Viewed 724 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Tech Support”