Anti Aircraft fails to fire

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Haze0008
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Anti Aircraft fails to fire

Post by Haze0008 »

In the '42 Multiplayer tourney (round 3 as the Russians), my anti aircraft units will not fire on enemy planes despite the red targeting circle being present. When clicking on the circle, it simply selects the unit instead of firing. Please advise. Thank you.
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Anti Aircraft fails to fire

Post by R2G2 »

Was the weather condition rainy? There are times when enemy aircraft will remain in the sky from previous turn and the weather condition is rainy. Rain prevents all air combat both from the sky and to the sky.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Haze0008 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:05 pm In the '42 Multiplayer tourney (round 3 as the Russians), my anti aircraft units will not fire on enemy planes despite the red targeting circle being present. When clicking on the circle, it simply selects the unit instead of firing. Please advise. Thank you.
Could you please post a screenshot? (or send me an email to rudankort@yandex.ru)
armedevil
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by armedevil »

An anti-air unit such as the Flakvierling will move to a hex instead of firing on the air unit above it. And if there is a unit on the hex already, it selects that unit instead of firing. Changing the interface to air mode (the solution chosen in PC1 if I'm correct) does not change anything.

The first problem can be managed by first moving the anti-air unit and then fire. The second problem can only be solved if the unit on the hex is moved away, either by moving it or attacking it so it goes away. And then move and fire.

I would expect a modifier key, such as alt/control/shift/function/command, or maybe a combination of these, to differentiate between moving and shooting but cannot find it. Is it there?
armedevil

Post by armedevil »

The solution to my problem, I found out on my own, is to go to 3D mode and then you can select the target and fire upon it even with a unit underneath and without moving yourself. I used strategic mode exclusively as the 3D mode taxed my six core i5 computer so much even with the absolute minimum graphics, that the fans began to make noise. Programming is definitively not the best on this game, not only because of the waste of computer cycles and electricity (a factor of 100 in efficiency gain is probably to be had with better programming), but there are a lot of small errors and inconsistencies, let alone the crashes (these are relatively harmless luckily).

Still PC2 remains playable, and 'puzzle mode', by playing to surround enemy units with 'flexible command' + 'perimeter control' + 'deadly grasp' is entertaining in this title.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Tech Support”