Animations In Trailers

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
Biosma
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Animations In Trailers

Post by Biosma » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Howdy, I'm new to the forum but I've been tracking Terran Command for a while.

All I'm concerned about really is the look of the game, while I know it's currently in a closed Beta and the trailers are from early development, I can't help but be concerned about the quality of models and animations. The bugs specifically move quite stiffly, the legs move from point to point and the upper body is completely rigid. It's the same with the hoppers, where their wings flap but their bodies are still.

I know I'm not the only one to notice, but I'm not sure if anything is going to be done to address it, or if that's currently changed in the Beta. I'd love to see the bugs stumbling and shambling about, swaying from side to side and occasionally screaming at the front lines. I think it'd add another layer to making the swarms that much more chaotic and alive.

If anyone knows if this'll be addressed, please tell me! Maybe this can be a spot for suggestions on that.

Alex20na
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Animations In Trailers

Post by Alex20na » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Definitely agree...animations need some polishing to make it feel more immersive. Might I add that it would be nice if killing animations would be a thing too, like when a soldier dies he doesn't just fall on the ground, it would be nice to see him get grabbed and get torn apart by bugs, impaled, etc....

+1 for the idea of animations polishing.

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”