@Slitherine: Feedback Part II...

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
mdallion446
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

@Slitherine: Feedback Part II...

Post by mdallion446 »

First of all, allow me to just say that I apologize for not posting my feedback on Discord; it's not working for me at the moment for some reason, and its been like that for a few days now. But after downloading the game off of Steam and getting some hands-on time with it, I just had to put in my 2 cents on what I thought about the one area that will really either make, or break, this game for a lot of people: gameplay. Now, don't get me wrong, Starship Troopers: Terran Command IS a lot of fun to play, as I've stated before in my previous post, but there are a few areas I would very much like the Devs to take another look at before release:

#1. Using one Special Ability, for example, the Shotgun Blast for Elite Rifle Troopers, causes the other ability to cool down also. Please change this. I've played through all the demo missions several times thus far, just to really familiarize myself with the game until it becomes second nature, and one REALLY annoying thing I've had to contend with in each case was using an MX-90 grenade on a cluster of enemies, only to have some break through the carnage and close within melee range of my Troopers where I could not then use my Shotgun ability because it was also on cooldown. The Arachnids can get pretty overwhelming at times, and having the ability to frag the Bugs at distance, then use the Shotgun for close encounters, would go a long way to increasing the survivability of my apes.

#2. Please include a "Preferred Target" ability that units can be set to, whereby, for example, Snipers will only fire at those damn Spitter Bugs and nothing else. I really, REALLY hate Spitter Bugs.

#3. Is actually a reiteration of what I said in my previous "Feedback" post. I know that, when your Troopers shoot the Bugs, you can see what looks like pieces of them flying off. It's kind of subtle, and easy to miss, especially with all the dust your Troopers' bullets kick up when they do so, and the general distraction of focusing on all the action, but I did notice it. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the limbs of the actual Arachnid game model itself. Just like in the film, when your Troopers shoot the Bugs, their legs should fly off, and the Arachnid should "stagger", for lack of a better word, just like in the scene where Carl shoots the limb off of a captured Warrior Bug to demonstrate that it was still 80% combat effective.

As before, everything I'm suggesting can be included in a future DLC, so there's no pressure to get any of these things into the game before release, but having just played through the game again before posting this, they are features I would really like to see implemented, nonetheless. As always, thank you for your time, and this will be my last "feedback" post here on the forums as I will try to figure out what's wrong with my Discord connection and get that sorted asap so I can start posting there from now on. Take care, guys!

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”