Demo Feedback: Attack Move

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!
zgrssd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Demo Feedback: Attack Move

Post by zgrssd »

Currently attack move often a issue then a boon, for a number of reasons:

Attack move and Line of Fire Blocked:
The only reason the Units should ever stop under attack move, is if they can shoot something.

They stop if their line of fire is blocked. Instead, they stop if they can't shoot anything.

I give them a attack-move to walk up a hill to fire on the enemy? They stop, because they can not shoot the enemy down here.
I give them a order to attack-move past a boulder so they can attack enemies as they become visible? they stop, because they can not shoot around the boulder right now.
They are attack moving and their LOF is currently blocked by allies? they stand behind the allies, because apparently going to their position where they can shoot enemies is too hard.

Damn those bushes!
I am not quite sure why you put thornbushes as targets the Flamer can destroy. But FFS, stop Attack-Move from going into the opposite direction to target them.

I know the Mobile Infantry takes anyone, but could they at least screen out people that will shoot thronbushes over bugs currently going for them?

No Format
The option to drag and reorient the formation for some reason does not exist with Attack move. Which is pretty odd I feel. That is like the thing where I would want to have a formation most.

Return to “Starship Troopers - Terran Command”