Peace Treaty Issue - Kolchis vs. Alani & 3 Client States

Post here your feedback and thoughts about the upcoming Diplomacy update.

Moderator: Pocus

jebei
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Peace Treaty Issue - Kolchis vs. Alani & 3 Client States

Post by jebei »

About 40 years into my Kolchis game, Alani convinced Iberiae/Bosphorus/Skythia to become client states. About 5 years later Alani declared war on me and as you might expect, pushed me back (mostly through Iberiae advances) until I only held 2 regions. I think they ran out of manpower because the attacks stopped and allowed me to push back. This screenshot is where I've regained all my territory. As you can see, the war score is still +134 in the Alani favor. They offered a couple of peace treaties but they were all ruinous so I didn't accept.

I decided to make a push for the Alani capital thinking that maybe if I defeated them they'd offer better terms or their client states might rebel. This is a screenshot of the game when I took their capital.

Notice that the Iberiae have disappeared and become Alani. That happened the same turn I took the Alani capital. Also note that the warscore is now +257 in the Alani favor even though I've taken 7 territories since the prior screenshot.

I think the problem is the current version of the game is not marking captured client-state territory as Occupied when captured by the player. It is marking captured player territory as Occupied when captured by the client-states or the main enemy. That means if the main enemy or client-state then retake occupied territory it is added to the Warscore pushing the number artificially high. That's just a guess but if you look at the game file you will see the territory I captured from the Iberiae (Lazyia, Iberia, Artansiga) without an 'Occupied' tag. The territory I captured from the Alani (Abasiga, Corusia, Suruba) all have the 'Occupied' tag.

Game file ---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgGAmxVH_SvUgYhVOF9qnb9zc9yGnQ

I've played the game forward from this date another thirty years but eventually had to concede. The Alanis never offered a single peace treaty during the entire time and I didn't sign a treaty as they'd be ruinous.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Peace Treaty Issue - Kolchis vs. Alani & 3 Client States

Post by Pocus »

I looked at your save, nothing wrong on the war-occupied front at least. Iberia is at peace with you, so that's normal you don't get the modifier in their former territory.

I would have needed several turns of history to see why you are so low in warscore.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
jebei

Re: Peace Treaty Issue - Kolchis vs. Alani & 3 Client States

Post by jebei »

I have included both .lsf files in the link now - the first is named Kolchis71.lsf and the second is now Kolchis103.lsf. The number is the turn number in the pictures above. Hopefully, that helps.

Just to clarify, that Iberia in the 2nd screenshot isn't the same Iberia. There was a revolt in the lands south of me and the new territory reused that name once the rebels formed their 'country'. That's why they are at peace. The former 'country' is still at war only combined now under the name Alani.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgGAmxVH_SvUgYhVOF9qnb9zc9yGnQ

Return to “Diplomacy Open Beta”