Pursuers and enemy ZOC

GeneralKostas
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Pursuers and enemy ZOC

Post by GeneralKostas »

I have noticed so far, that a pursuer unit ignore the enemy ZOC and pursue the unit behind the enemy lines. The result is to have an enemy unit in the rear of the battle line and threat us. I am sure that many other players have noticed that.

Is it possible to fix that in the next update? My proposal is the pursuer unit must stop in the enemy ZOC. So the friendly units have the chance to attack the pursuer in next turn.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Pursuers and enemy ZOC

Post by rbodleyscott »

GeneralKostas wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:10 pm I have noticed so far, that a pursuer unit ignore the enemy ZOC and pursue the unit behind the enemy lines. The result is to have an enemy unit in the rear of the battle line and threat us. I am sure that many other players have noticed that.

Is it possible to fix that in the next update? My proposal is the pursuer unit must stop in the enemy ZOC. So the friendly units have the chance to attack the pursuer in next turn.
There is nothing to "fix" there, it is working as intended. Evaders, routers and pursuers ignore enemy ZOCs. They are too focused on their immediate concerns to consider other threats, and they are moving too fast for other enemy units to react quickly enough to intervene.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

GeneralKostas wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:10 pm I have noticed so far, that a pursuer unit ignore the enemy ZOC and pursue the unit behind the enemy lines. The result is to have an enemy unit in the rear of the battle line and threat us.
An enemy unit behind your lines is also (at least temporarily) one unit far away from your main melee, one fewer enemy unit at the time. The pursuers can even follow the routers off the battlefield. Depending on the circumstances, it can benefit one side or the other.
GeneralKostas wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:10 pm I am sure that many other players have noticed that.

Pursuers ignoring enemy ZoCs create situations that are part of the hazards of the battle. It adds unpredictability.
It's part of the game design (see manual).
It's reciprocal : it can happen to you and your opponent as well and benefit either side.
It’s historical/logical.
And IMHO it's fun.

:-)
GeneralKostas

Post by GeneralKostas »

The game is very good. I don't argue. I just posted a thought.
Of course it is logical and historical. And it is up to you how to confront with the pursuers behind your lines.

Have a good day!!

Return to “Field of Glory II - 1.5.24 Open Beta”