[BUG] Cant save game and end turn.

Bersercker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

[BUG] Cant save game and end turn.

Post by Bersercker »

Hi. In the middle of the third campaign mission i've noticed that the end turn button stays greyed-out until i click through all the notifications, several turns later it stayed greyed-out even after that. I thought that saving the game and loading it might fix it but the save game button was greyed-out too. :shock:

I'm attaching my last save. After loading it i'm able to end turn & save game but on the next turn the save game button becomes greyed-out as before. Also saving on the same turn, while the save game button still works, produces another king of bugged same that makes the game freeze when i'm trying to load it. :shock:

Reproduces every time on my machine. I'm on win7 x64, steam, game version 1.00.01 if that matters.

Will have to restart the mission i guess.
Attachments
bugged_save.7z
(16.71 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: [BUG] Cant save game and end turn.

Post by DocMcJansen »

Hi there...almost the same here...

I just loaded my campaign game (Turn 245) and I pressed end turn. After that I am not able to press End Turn anymore. Nothing happens, when I press the button! So I loaded an older savegame (Turn 231) and the same problem! I can press the end turn button one time and after that, nothing happens! Any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: Added the two savegames
Attachments
PushedThrough.zip
(15.01 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Last edited by DocMcJansen on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bersercker

Post by Bersercker »

I've restarted the mission and had the same bug happen again. Looks like the only way to play right now is not to use any saves at all, except for the automatic ones before the start of the mission(these work fine so far). :(
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks everyone, will see what the developers have to say and see if they can recreate it, then put out a patch if they can't
AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by AtomicKaiser »

Bersercker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:28 pm Hi. In the middle of the third campaign mission i've noticed that the end turn button stays greyed-out until i click through all the notifications, several turns later it stayed greyed-out even after that. I thought that saving the game and loading it might fix it but the save game button was greyed-out too. :shock:

I'm attaching my last save. After loading it i'm able to end turn & save game but on the next turn the save game button becomes greyed-out as before. Also saving on the same turn, while the save game button still works, produces another king of bugged same that makes the game freeze when i'm trying to load it. :shock:

Reproduces every time on my machine. I'm on win7 x64, steam, game version 1.00.01 if that matters.

What I found in your save game is that some how, your colony of Nini II had an empty build project and that was causing an error to fire when processing the turn, which ended up disabling the end turn button.
I think I've fixed it, but I'd like to test it with your exact setup, in order to be sure. Thus can you please zip the files under /Data and send it over?
To get there: right click on the game in your steam, go to properties, local files and browse local files.
Last edited by AtomicKaiser on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

Also the autosave feature is coming in the 02 update, which should be with you guys tomorrow and will help with these kind of bugs.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the quick fixes and reply
Bersercker

Post by Bersercker »

AtomicKaiser wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 pm
Bersercker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:28 pm Hi. In the middle of the third campaign mission i've noticed that the end turn button stays greyed-out until i click through all the notifications, several turns later it stayed greyed-out even after that. I thought that saving the game and loading it might fix it but the save game button was greyed-out too. :shock:

What I found in your save game is that some how, your colony of Nini II had an empty build project and that was causing an error to fire when processing the turn, which ended up disabling the end turn button.
I think I've fixed it, but I'd like to test it with your exact setup, in order to be sure. Thus can you please zip the files under /Data and send it over?
To get there: right click on the game in your steam, go to properties, local files and browse local files.
Sure, here you go.
Attachments
Data.7z
(380.42 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
DocMcJansen

Post by DocMcJansen »

AtomicKaiser wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Do you need my files too?
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

DocMcJansen wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 am Do you need my files too?
No need Doc, it's the same bug.
Bersercker wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:44 am Sure, here you go.
Ok, it's fixed. It doesn't fire with your setup. I'll make sure to include the fix with the 03 update ASAP.
Meanwhile the new autosave feature in 02, will hopefully help you guys avoid this issue.
Bersercker

Post by Bersercker »

Great, thanks! :D
Bersercker

Post by Bersercker »

I've managed to finish the a the third missions without loading a save but was stuck on the next one. The game crashed and the now it freezes while trying to load the autosave, as before. :(

Uploading the latest autosave and game data folder just in case (since in steam update it was said that this bug is specific to 3rd campaign mission which doesn't seem to be the case).

Also if you manage to load this save, in one of the colonies i've capured the pops are invisible so i cant reassign them between production, research, economy etc, but they produce resources normally otherwise.
Attachments
Data.7z
(381.13 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission04_T162_ASE.7z
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
DocMcJansen

Post by DocMcJansen »

Latest update (1.00.03) did nothing for me. Stil I can not press end turn! Would be nice, if you would fix it, cause I can not play the game!
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

DocMcJansen wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm Latest update (1.00.03) did nothing for me. Stil I can not press end turn! Would be nice, if you would fix it, cause I can not play the game!
Hi Doc. Sorry you still are facing issues. It might be due to an unrelated problem, which was not known and thus not fixed in the last version.

To be sure can you please upload your Data folder, like Berserker did previously? Also the /Profiles folder in your /My Games/Astra Exodus path would help a lot. The idea is to recreate your exact setup, when loading the "PushedThrough" savegame.

When I load the file save it loads fine, even without your profile file, so it's puzzling to say the least why you are having problems. Hopefully with that extra info and files, we can get to the root of the problem.
CapnDarwin
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by CapnDarwin »

I can make this happen in 03 with my save game when I try to split a fleet in hyperspace to two systems. Game soft locks and you cannot press next turn. Even after reselecting all the ships and sending them to one system, the next turn button is unresponsive. When you split fleets mid move there are no lines of travel for the fleet(s) at that point and the game locks the button up. You can still open other panels and do things. You just can move to the next turn.
DocMcJansen

Post by DocMcJansen »

Here you go...
Attachments
Profiles.rar
(336 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times
Data.rar
(888.42 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

DocMcJansen wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm Here you go...
Thanks Doc. I was finally able to debug this one and it is not a save game bug, it is related to the victory conditions, more specifically the pirate fleet. It failed to register the destruction of the pirate fleet, probably because another bug or perhaps due to the fact that the save was done the very same turn, the fleet was destroyed. Regardless of the case, I have fixed it. It will go live with 04 as soon as possible.
DocMcJansen

Post by DocMcJansen »

Thx. Would be nice if I would not have to wait another week...I know, you do your best and I really appreciate it, but consider the fact, that I bought a game on the 30.01. and I was not able to play it since... :|
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

DocMcJansen wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:50 pm Thx. Would be nice if I would not have to wait another week...I know, you do your best and I really appreciate it, but consider the fact, that I bought a game on the 30.01. and I was not able to play it since... :|
Hey doc. I am sorry you got affected with this bug, on top of it all it was on your first mission. We are doing all we can to get it asap. I will be submitting the new version this weekend and the production team will process it on Monday, so I hope that by Tuesday you guys will have it ready. Again, sorry for the delay with this. In the meantime you can play some sandbox games or attempt first the mission again, with a different profile.

Return to “Tech Support”