Tech not showing in ship designer

fnt
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Tech not showing in ship designer

Post by fnt »

I researched the EM Shield Tech, but the Components does not apear in the ship designer.
See attached save game.

Also the system of Xana was colonised by the Guardians of the Seed although i had an outpost there and we had no open boarder treaty.

Version is 1.00.05 Slitherine

Thanks
Attachments
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission03_T039.zip
(55.07 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Tech not showing in ship designer

Post by AtomicKaiser »

fnt wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm I researched the EM Shield Tech, but the Components does not apear in the ship designer.
See attached save game.

Also the system of Xana was colonised by the Guardians of the Seed although i had an outpost there and we had no open boarder treaty.

Version is 1.00.05 Slitherine

Thanks
Hi fnt. I've just tested your save game. I tried to design a ship and the EM Deflector is showing up in the shields section. Are you sure you are not looking for it on the armour section for example? Core systems each have their own sections, only support modules are aggregated together.

Regarding the Xana system, you have an outpost on planet "Xana II", however it seems the planet "Xana I" was unoccupied when the Guardiands of the Seed colonized it. Even if you own the starsystem, other factions can still colonize unoccupied planets in it. If you do this to the AI, it will piss it off, but I guess the reverse is probably true too ;)
fnt

Post by fnt »

Ok now i'm feeling dumb. :oops:
Sorry for wasting your time.

What's the purpose of a Open Borders treaty, when everybody can still do whatever they want in your star systems?

Now i got an unloadable savegame again. See attached savegames. :(
Before the last savegame i had a strange behavior with a leader levelup.
I could not assign the exp points. The game just upped the bonusses without spending the exp point.
Savegame for turn 51 is loading.
Attachments
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission03_T061_ASE.zip
(60.02 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission03_T070_ASE.zip
(61.61 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
output_log_05.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
fnt

Post by fnt »

Savegame missing in the last post
Attachments
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission03_T051_ASE.zip
(57.1 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

fnt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 am Ok now i'm feeling dumb. :oops:
Sorry for wasting your time.

What's the purpose of a Open Borders treaty, when everybody can still do whatever they want in your star systems?

Now i got an unloadable savegame again. See attached savegames. :(
Before the last savegame i had a strange behavior with a leader levelup.
I could not assign the exp points. The game just upped the bonusses without spending the exp point.
Savegame for turn 51 is loading.
Hey fnt. No problem! I am here for you guys, so the game can be better for everybody.
Open borders lets foreign empires use your colonies and outposts as forward bases, as you can use theirs.
The hero exp thing is something I haven't been able to track. Do any of these saves refer to it?
fnt

Post by fnt »

So the only way to prevent them from colonising in "my" systemns is putting an outpost on every colonisable planet.
Maybe the AI should be a little bit more reluctant to spam outposts everywhere. One ouptpost per system and preference for uninhabitable planets/astroids would lessen the problem.

As for the hero exp thing:
It happend right before the turn 70 save. See above.
I made it because of this bug.
AtomicKaiser

Post by AtomicKaiser »

fnt wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:56 pm So the only way to prevent them from colonising in "my" systemns is putting an outpost on every colonisable planet.
Maybe the AI should be a little bit more reluctant to spam outposts everywhere. One ouptpost per system and preference for uninhabitable planets/astroids would lessen the problem.

As for the hero exp thing:
It happend right before the turn 70 save. See above.
I made it because of this bug.
Hey fnt. There was a bug with operative heroes, in which they got too much exp for destroying a whole fleet, that is fixed in 06 now. There are also changes so their stats and skill are updated immediately when upgrading them.
Teppic
No Rank
No Rank

Post by Teppic »

Regarding the outposts, I don´t see your problem, well maybe I do, but could it be that it´s you:
It seems to me that you won´t commit that much production to outposts and managing placing outpost early on?
In other games (with Multiplayer) people do the same thing you complain about - they do it
exactly to prevent that anybody else gets some fancy ideas about claiming anything in systems in which the initial player thinks nobody else should have a foot in the door.
and it happens/ happened in real life, too: The whole history of colonization from ancient to modern times states placed their flags everywhere regardless of other peoples opinion.
By changing the AI-script to make it easier by claiming asteroids or gas giant, no that would not be appropriate imo.

Return to “Tech Support”