Game Freezes at T387

Baron Wombat
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Game Freezes at T387

Post by Baron Wombat »

Turn will not advance beyond this. Clicking on "end turn" freezes the cursor and the screen. Task Manager says Astra Exodus "not responding." I tried everything I could think of, restarting, etc. I have 16g RAM and a 2g video card, so memory shouldn't be a problem. I tried to attach the save file but got an "invalid extension" error message. Your thoughts?
Baron Wombat

Re: Game Freezes at T387-Update

Post by Baron Wombat »

Update: The next morning when I got up I started the game again. This time the turn finally advanced, after a very long time. This has become the new normal—when you click “end turn,” the turn will eventually advance, but only after a very long time. I decided to time it with a stop watch: 6 minutes and 29 seconds. Plus, now it won’t let me attack anyone. One turn before I showed up at another faction’s world with a large fleet I tried to declare war, but nothing happened when I clicked that button (No problem declaring war earlier in the game). I really like this game and I think it has a lot of potential if the bugs can be worked out. But, it seems to become unstable later in the game, and as things stand now (6+ minutes to advance the turn plus I can’t attack anyone) it had become unplayable.
AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Game Freezes at T387-Update

Post by AtomicKaiser »

Baron Wombat wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:39 pm Update: The next morning when I got up I started the game again. This time the turn finally advanced, after a very long time. This has become the new normal—when you click “end turn,” the turn will eventually advance, but only after a very long time. I decided to time it with a stop watch: 6 minutes and 29 seconds. Plus, now it won’t let me attack anyone. One turn before I showed up at another faction’s world with a large fleet I tried to declare war, but nothing happened when I clicked that button (No problem declaring war earlier in the game). I really like this game and I think it has a lot of potential if the bugs can be worked out. But, it seems to become unstable later in the game, and as things stand now (6+ minutes to advance the turn plus I can’t attack anyone) it had become unplayable.
Hey Baron. Sorry you are facing this problem. That's really strange. It seems the save is bugged. I would tell you to send it over, so we can take a look, but we are announcing a big update tomorrow with several new features, plus tons of improvements and bug fixes; sadly though this means eventually saves will not be compatible. Frankly, I think it's best if you start a new game with this beta update and tell us how you do.
Baron Wombat

Re: Game Freezes at T387

Post by Baron Wombat »

I will try the update...I've been looking forward to it. BTW, I did send the game save to you via atomickaiser.com.

Return to “Tech Support”