Master of Magic is now available on the Slitherine store

Master of Magic is a classic, one of the most popular strategy games of the 90s. It is a 4X fantasy strategy game that allows you to play as an extremely powerful wizard, leading your troops and overcoming your magical opponents.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Master of Magic is now available on the Slitherine store

Post by AlbertoC »

Master of Magic is a classic, one of the most popular strategy games of the 90s, and it is now available on the Slitherine store.

It is a 4X fantasy strategy game that allows you to play as an extremely powerful wizard, leading your troops and overcoming your magical opponents. After over 25 years, the game now receives the first official update with a significantly improved AI and more than 200 spells at your disposal.

This special release is accompanied by the Community Update, a free optional patch developed by fans for fans and greatly increasing the polish of Master of Magic with countless fixes.

Furthermore, Master of Magic is released alongside its first DLC, Caster of Magic. Caster of Magic started out as a mod, championed by Seravy and building on top of the already popular community patch. Caster of Magic has been a fan favorite of the Master of Magic community and we are pleased to be able to work with Seravy to officially integrate Caster of Magic, giving him the recognition he deserves.

Dive back into time, relive this epic adventure and conquer Arcanus and Myrror once and for all!
jimwinsor
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Master of Magic is now available on the Slitherine store

Post by jimwinsor »

I have a copy I bought on GOG which runs the game, rather clunkily, through DosBox. Does the Slitherine version use DosBox? Or does it run normally in Windows 10?
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by DeathMutant »

jimwinsor wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:24 pm I have a copy I bought on GOG which runs the game, rather clunkily, through DosBox. Does the Slitherine version use DosBox? Or does it run normally in Windows 10?
I am hoping that it has rewritten to not require DOSBox. The GOG version was originally released over 10 years ago(!)
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Hi guys,

The game runs in dosbox like the GOG version, though it is all pre-configured, so should not require any additional effort from your end beyond game installation.

Cheers,

Surtur
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

I was sincerely hoping in a major rebuilt of the game .... are you working on it? Or this is just what we will get ?
Seravy
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Seravy »

I'd like to add that Dosbox's default emulation speed setting is horribly low which was likely the main reason the old GoG version was slow. This time the settings are configured to run the game at a proper speed a modern computer can handle. If you already bought the older version, you can speed it up by changing cycles to 100.000 or higher and core to dynamic in your DOSBOX configuration file.
Teppic
No Rank
No Rank

Post by Teppic »

Yes, great thing Slitherine was able to get the licence.
About DosBox, you were right, the default setup back then was hard to accept, even for someone who played the original.
Well the cycles speed-up was always the first thing I did when I started many games on DosBox.
GlassDeviant
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by GlassDeviant »

How do I get the 1.52 patch? I bought this game when it was originally released 25 years ago.

Also, will I be able to play CoM with my original MoM, or will Steam require me to have a Steam copy of MoM to play a Steam copy of CoM?
Back up my hard drive? I can't find the reverse switch.

Return to “Master of Magic Classic”