MOM Patched vs Fan Patch

solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

MOM Patched vs Fan Patch

Post by solops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:14 pm

There is not much info on the different versions of MOM being offered.
1. The base MOM Slitherine is selling - does this is includes the new patch mentioned in the official game info? What is included in that patch?

2. Fan Patch - this is offered as an option in the game set-up. What is in it and how does it differ from the official patch?

3. The DLC Caster of Magic - Does it include any of the fixes/features from either of the above versions?

Seravy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: MOM Patched vs Fan Patch

Post by Seravy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 am

1. Yes, buying the game comes with two versions of the game, the old 1.31 version and the new 1.52 (aka Community Patch) version. The 1.31 version is completely unchanged.
2. The community patch and official patch are the same thing. The other option is to install the 25 years old original game without any changes. This wiki entry has all the chances included, don't forget to also look at versions 1.51, 1.50 and 1.40 linked at the end of the entry, the majority of content is in those. 1.52 itself mostly weeds out patches that don't belong in an official release but were part of 1.51 or earlier, although it does fix some additional bugs as well.
https://masterofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Patch
3. Yes, Caster of Magic does have all the bugs fixed and more. In fact, roughly 2/3 of the patches in the Community Patch came from Caster of Magic and plenty of improvements, especially AI, that weren't compatible are still only available in Caster of Magic. Mainly because of differences like new spells, these improved AI functions can't be copied over into the Community Patch.

solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by solops » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:48 am

Thanks! I am still playing the game installed from my original disk, patched to v1.31. I guess I can delete that, install the Steam version and have my choice of 1.31, 1.52 or Caster. Having my original paper manuals is nice, too!

leoro
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by leoro » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am

Ni idea, me cuentas como te va con ambos?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:35 am

Ni idea, me cuentas como te va con ambos?
No idea, can you tell me how you are doing with both?
in the english sections of the board, we only speak english
en las secciones inglesas del tablero, solo hablamos inglés

Return to “Master of Magic”