Latest MoM update on Gog Galaxy breaks Dosbox config

Nom_au
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Latest MoM update on Gog Galaxy breaks Dosbox config

Post by Nom_au »

Trying to get MoM on GOG Galaxy to run in Window (by default)

Issues:
* Path to GOGDOSConfig.exe has changed. All existing links point to old path (without Master of Magic Official Release subdir) and break. Running GOGDOSConfig.exe from Master of Magic Original Release\DOSBOX directly says that it must be run from the start menu.
* Version selection window remains in front on launch, even if I try to tab away. Selecting a game version works around this.
* Settings in Master of Magic\dosboxMOM.conf aren't honoured when main game launches.

I can change the settings in dosboxMOM.conf, either by editing directly or by fixing the path to GOGDOSConfig.exe and then running it (either directly from MoM directory or as Dosbox Configurator or Graphic Mode Setup from start menu - Graphic Mode Setup still will not run from Gog Galaxy). The values in dosboxMOM.conf match those in the config app. But when I run MoM from the launcher, it always launches the game into fullscreen. I haven't found a way to launch the game directly in DOSBOX and bypass the launcher.

Update: on a whim, I checked in Master of Magic\Master of Magic Official Release for another dosboxMOM.conf. There's a second one in there, and editing that one does change the settings correctly. But it's not the one edited by the tools.

Return to “Master of Magic: Tech Support”