Rules clarification re treaties

Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Rules clarification re treaties

Post by Beorn »

Never had cause to care much in the original MOM, but with upwards of ten factions who actually look out for their interests, I hope to get the treaty rules clarified:

1) It appears that you or the AI wizards can attack a node (or unit outside a city) held by a rival, without a declaration of war, and without triggering war.
2) It appears that you or the AI wizards can unsuccessfully attack a city held by a rival, without a declaration, and without triggering war.
3) It appears that successfully attacking a city triggers war, even if war did not exist prior.
4) I assume that neither you nor most AI wizards can attack a city held by a partner in a Wizard's Compact, without triggering a war, but that you or a chaotic personality (not necessary chaos wizard) can physically do so -- it just triggers war. Other AI wizards physically cannot, they must break the treaty this turn and then attack next turn, at which point this triggers war only if the attack is successful.
If I am wrong about any of these, please let me know!

In addition, I am curious
5) Can an ally attack any units or assets without first canceling the alliance? How about if of chaotic personality?
6) Maybe my greatest curiosity: What triggers the ability to ask an ally to join a war? I assume that this depends on being the defender in the war, not the aggressor? But even when the defender, sometimes I am offered the option when I contact my ally, and sometimes not. And some allies attacked by a third party ask me, and others do not, despite obviously needing my assistance.
Seravy
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Rules clarification re treaties

Post by Seravy »

1-4 : These are correct.
5. No, an ally or anyone you have a Pact or even Peace Treaty with cannot attack your units or cities.
6. Being at war is enough, beyond that it's up to random chance. I'm not sure if I added the distance check to this, if I did then your empire also needs to be reasonably close to the target. But I most likely didn't.
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Rules clarification re treaties

Post by Beorn »

Thank you!

Return to “Caster of Magic”