AO-General Flasch's Auxiliary Adventures

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: AO-General Flasch's Auxiliary Adventures

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1939-Warsaw
Starting Prestige: 14852 (10951 after purchases and repairs)

Event:
Huh, I guess I didn't actually buy the Somua parts after all judging by my Commendations total. Kinda wish I had know that before I bought the Prestige Sink, but no use crying over spilled milk. That UI Commendations Display update they mentioned in the 1941 Dev Diary can't come soon enough lol. Anyway, let's get a bunch of crappy planes and a nice Tactical Bomber.

Hero:
I think I'm going to assign this guy to Himmelsfeuer. This should allow it to bomb something in the enemy's AA envelope unmolested before pulling back out of range thanks to Double Move.

Core Purchases and Upgrades
ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-BM-13 Katyusha recruited.
I./SGR 'Zima'-Il-2 Shturmovik recruited mid-Scenario.
Skorpion outfitted with 15cm sFH 18
Shrapnell outfitted with 8.8cm FlaK 36

Starting Army Composition:
Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.101 'Standhaft'-Grenadier (Opel Blitz)-*,First Aid
  • InfAbt.102 'Unpassierbar'-Grenadier (Opel Blitz)-Heroic Defense+2
  • InfAbt.103 'Unnachgiebig'-Grenadier (Opel Blitz)
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*
  • InfAbt.202 'Ruhm'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*
  • InfAbt.203 'Wurde'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (Opel Blitz)-**, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Oleh Dir, Overrun
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.201 'Blitz'-Somua S35-*, Unstoppable Offensive, Anti-Tank Veteran, Albert Kerscher
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-Char B1-*, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
  • PzAbt.401 'Inferno'-OT-133
  • PzAbt.S01 'Armadura'-Verdeja 2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Heroic Defense, AT Support
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.101 'Wegbereiter'-Panhard 178-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Leadership
  • AufkAbt.103 'Grenzer'-BA-6-**, Overwhelming Attack, Heroic Defense+1
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.101 'Trebuchet'-21cm Mrs 18 (SdKfz 7)-**, Zero Slots
  • ArtAbt.102 'Katapult'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)-*, Counter Battery Fire
  • ArtAbt.103 'Ballista'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)-*
  • ArtAbt.104 'Skorpion'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)
  • ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-BM-13 Katyusha
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.101 'Schrapnell'-8.8cm FlaK 36 (SdKfz 7)-*, Camouflage, Cheap Replacements
  • FlakAbt.201 'Spuckfeuer'-SdKfz 10/4-*,Resilient
Fighter:
  • I./JG1 'As'-Bf 109E-**, Aerial Ace, Adolf Galland
  • II./JG1 'Windschatten'-Bf 109E-*, Aerial Ace
Tactical Bomber:
  • I.ZG1 'Adler'-Bf 110C-Legendary
  • I./SG1 'Himmelsfeuer'-Ju 87B-**, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Legendary, Double Move, Lightning Attack
  • I./SGR 'Zima'-Il-2 Shturmovik
Armored Trains:
  • Panzerzug 'Eisenwolf'-Armored Train
Reserve:
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.101 'Vorhut'-BT-5-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense, Artillery Support
  • PzAbt.102 'Dragoner'-BT-5-**,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense+1, River Assault
  • PzAbt.103 'Husar'-AMC 35-*,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, River Assault
  • PzAbt.104 'Kataphrakt'-Panzer IIC
  • PzAbt.202 'Donner'-Somua S35
  • PzAbt.302 'Moloch'-Char B1
  • PzAbt.303 'Ungetum'-T-26
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.102 'Pfadfinder'-Panhard 178-***
Anti-Tank:
  • PjAbt.101 'Wachter'-47mm SA 37 (SdKfz 11)-*, Hit and Run
  • PjAbt.102 'Verteifiger'-45mm M1932 (SdKfz 11)
  • PjAbt.201 'Sturmer'-Panzer I Breda-*, Unstoppable Offensive
  • PjAbt.202 'Brecher'-Panzer I Breda-Cheap Replacements
  • PjAbt.203 'Scrapper'-Panzer I Breda
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.201 'Belagerung'-Sturmpanzer I
  • ArtAbt.202 'Rammbock'-Sturmpanzer I
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.202 'Scattershot'-SdKfz 10/4
Fighter:
  • III./JG1 'Schall'-Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • I./AG1 'Alderauge'-He 70 Rayo
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
  • III.ZG1 'Wurger'-Bf 110C
  • II./SG1 'Feuersturm'-Ju 87B-*
  • III./SG1 'Hagelsturm'-Ju 87B-*
Strategic Bomber:
  • I./KG1 'Stratus'-He 111H2
  • II./KG1 'Kumulus-He 111H2
  • III./KG1 'Zirrus'-He 111H2
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 5 Wehr Infantry (Opel Blitz)
  • 2 Bruckenpioniere (Opel Blitz)
Artillery:
  • 1 21cm Mrs 18
Fighter:
  • 1 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 2 Bf 110C
  • 2 Ju 87B
I'm officially caught up on upgrades for the time being, just in time for the Finland fights more new Soviet equipment and 1940 offering more German and the chance for British+some Italian equipment. The upgrades never end. :lol: As for my army I focus on Infantry with Artillery and Air support do to the emphasis on City Terrain. Unfortunately Vangardia did not manage to acquire Unstoppable Offensive before Warsaw (not without a lack of trying I assure you), so they won't be able to steamroller across the cityscape this time (I guess I can look forward to Stalingrad at least?).

The southeast quadrant's supply dump is secured quickly, cutting the defenders in that area off from supply.
The northeast defense suffers a similar fate shortly after.
They blew up the bridges to keep us from crossing!? Oh well, anyway...
Well, those certainly make sense. Shame they didn't show up till near the end though, lol.

Ending Prestige: 18768 (+7817)
Thoughts: Here at Warsaw I devise possibly my most audacious plan yet once I secured the eastern sectors: Using Auxiliary Bridge Engineers to cross the river and strike directly at Warsaw's heart instead of circling around and grinding my way through the outskirts.
It's not a strategy I believe I will use again, mostly do to just how much everything has to go right for you to succeed in some aspects and the fact that a big part of what carried me through I believe was the extra Auxiliary Units soaking up fire for my Core. Had I not made sure to send an Artillery through with the first wave of Infantry to ward off and interfere with the counterattacks, had the Polish focused enemy unit better, had I not had the foresight to position my 21cm guns within range of the Polish Artillery to both draw fire and provide Counter Battery support, had a unit surrendered on me...there is a lot that can go wrong (and admittedly did in a few aborted atttempts). It also didn't help that since there are no airfields in the eastern city sections, I was unable to use my air force to assist until I finally claimed the central airfields, and by that point I had already mostly broken the back of the central defenders I would have wanted their help with. Twas also fairly costly on my Prestige, although the amount of Encirclements I was able to pull off in the beginning and end of the Scenario more than made up for that. So ultimately, while a novel way of conquering Warsaw, I would say it's not the most effective by any means.
Last edited by Stormchaser on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Kudos for taking this approach! I think I'm too used to my regular approach towards this scenario to change anything, so it's a welcome sight.

My main issue with using bridge engineers in Warsaw is that the map layout does not offer safe passages in the center. All are covered in close terrain mostly and swarming with Polish troops, so while tempting, this really can backfire as you said. However, seeing how it's doable just proves for mew how Panzer Corps 2 is better than 1, at least in the Grand Campaign v.s Axis Operations comparison. For all the things Panzer Corps 1 did better there are 5 more that the second part does better compared to number 1. And that flexibility of approach towards scenarios seems to be the major one. I still have not gotten the will and patience to do Berin Redux in the GC 1945 East path...
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Tassadar wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 pm Kudos for taking this approach! I think I'm too used to my regular approach towards this scenario to change anything, so it's a welcome sight.

My main issue with using bridge engineers in Warsaw is that the map layout does not offer safe passages in the center. All are covered in close terrain mostly and swarming with Polish troops, so while tempting, this really can backfire as you said. However, seeing how it's doable just proves for mew how Panzer Corps 2 is better than 1, at least in the Grand Campaign v.s Axis Operations comparison. For all the things Panzer Corps 1 did better there are 5 more that the second part does better compared to number 1. And that flexibility of approach towards scenarios seems to be the major one. I still have not gotten the will and patience to do Berin Redux in the GC 1945 East path...
Mmhmm, as I said in the thoughts, it was very much not an easy time establishing the bridgehead, and it was probably only possible because of the extra Auxillary Infantry I bought.
One thing that did kinda help is that a while there are a number of Polish Units that did counter attack, at least half the Warsaw units in general seem to be programmed to sit on their defensive positions and only attack your units if you move next to them, and you can kinda take advantage of that once you get past the initial counterattack and those are pretty much the only enemies left. The cleanup on the western outskirts towards the end featured enemy units that never really moved unless they were forced to retreat.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1939-Raate Road
Starting Prestige: 20168 (17590 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
This Camouflage Hero is going to be assigned to Sturmer after seeing some very successful performance under Tassadar's command.

Grenzer outfitted with SdKfz 222

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.102 'Unpassierbar'-Grenadier (Opel Blitz)-*,Heroic Defense+2
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (Opel Blitz)-**, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Oleh Dir, Overrun
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.101 'Vorhut'-BT-5-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense, Artillery Support
  • PzAbt.104 'Kataphrakt'-Panzer IIC
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-Char B1-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
  • PzAbt.S01 'Armadura'-Verdeja 2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Heroic Defense, AT Support
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.101 'Wegbereiter'-Panhard 178-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Leadership
  • AufkAbt.103 'Grenzer'-BA-6-**, Overwhelming Attack, Heroic Defense+1
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
  • I./JG1 'As'-Bf 109E-***, Aerial Ace, Adolf Galland
Strategic Bomber:
Reserve:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*, Urban Legend
  • InfAbt.203 'Wurde'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.102 'Dragoner'-BT-5-**,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense+1, River Assault
  • PzAbt.103 'Husar'-AMC 35-*,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, River Assault
  • PzAbt.201 'Blitz'-Somua S35-*, Unstoppable Offensive, Anti-Tank Veteran, Albert Kerscher
  • PzAbt.303 'Ungetum'-T-26
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
  • PjAbt.201 'Sturmer'-Panzer I Breda-*, Unstoppable Offensive, Camouflage
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.101 'Schrapnell'-8.8cm FlaK 36 (SdKfz 7)-*, Camouflage, Cheap Replacements
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • I./AG1 'Alderauge'-He 70 Rayo
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
  • I./SG1 'Himmelsfeuer'-Ju 87B-**, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Legendary, Double Move, Lightning Attack
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 2 Kavallerie
Tanks:
  • 2 Trubia
Recon:
  • 5 SdKfz 222
Lot of cool units I want to capture this Scenario, so I opt for a bunch of mobile Recons that hopefully won't get too slowed down by the forest, and some Trubias with their Close Defense to also hopefully not get too screwed over by the forests. Grenzer and it's Overwhelming Attack will be key to capturing some prime units here since as long as I can make an encirclement I don't have to worry about suppressing them in time the enemy might not give me.

This is why you never leave your Artillery undefended.

Ending Prestige: 23293 (+3125)
Thoughts: Really happy I had Grenzer here, the Auxiliary 222s and Trubias got chewed up a bit faster than expected, which would have made the more traditional encirclement and wait them out plan difficult. With Grenzer though, as long as they had nowhere to retreat to it didn't matter how suppressed they were (Also really useful for the T-28 that couldn't be suppressed by enemy fire), plus this way I could grab the more interesting captures with fewer chances for them to attack my forces and get damaged or let them heal up to mostly full for better value, which is also why I swapped Grenzer into a 222.

AO: 1939-Taipale
Starting Prestige: 25043 (21765 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
I guess I'll assign him to Alderauge. Give it some way to speed up exp gain should it ever come out of deep reserve.

InfAbt.301 'Zugspitze'-Gebirgsjager (Opel Blitz) recruited
InfAbt.302 'Watzmann'-Gebirgsjager (Opel Blitz) recruited
ArtAbt.203 'Fortbrecher'-BT-7A recruited.
Vorhut outfitted with BT-7
Ungetum outfitted with T-28
Sturmer outfitted with AT-1

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.102 'Unpassierbar'-Grenadier (Opel Blitz)-*,Heroic Defense+2
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (Opel Blitz)-**, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Oleh Dir, Overrun
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.101 'Vorhut'-BT-7-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense, Artillery Support
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-Char B1-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.103 'Grenzer'-BA-6-***, Overwhelming Attack, Heroic Defense+1
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Reserve:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*, Urban Legend
  • InfAbt.203 'Wurde'-Pionere (Opel Blitz)-*
  • InfAbt.301 'Zugspitze'-Gebirgsjager (Opel Blitz)
  • InfAbt.302 'Watzmann'-Gebirgsjager (Opel Blitz)
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.104 'Kataphrakt'-Panzer IIC-*
  • PzAbt.303 'Ungetum'-T-28
Anti-Tank:
  • PjAbt.201 'Sturmer'-At-1-*, Unstoppable Offensive, Camouflage
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.203 'Fortbrecher'-BT-7A
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • I./AG1 'Alderauge'-He 70 Rayo-Learns From Mistakes
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
Strategic Bomber:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 3 Wehr Infantry (Opel Blitz)
Tanks:
  • 2 Panzer 38(t)A
Fighter:
  • 2 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 2 Bf 110C
  • 2 Ju 87B
I'm a little bit leery of upgrading Sturmer, as while it is definitely a significant performance boost, with only 14 total in stock I'll have to be careful with it's use till the Panzerjager I unlocks to replace it, which Camouflage should help with. The BT-7A has a similar lack of stock in comparison to my other Soviet loot, but as an assault gun it should keep fairly well preserved as long as I don't try to use it as a tank and keep aircraft away. The Bt-7 upgrade is much more of a no brainer, although I don't have quite enough stock to consider upgrading Dragoner as well but that will hopefully change this Scenario. The T-28 is mostly inferior to the Char B1, but for the sake of stock preserving I'm trying to limit myself to only 2 units of each type of captured equipment and it's an actual heavy tank as opposed to the T-26 Ungetum has been using so far.

Vanguardia gets it's first chance to terrorize Soviet Conscripts. :lol:
I don't know if I've ever seen one of these in this Scenario before, looks like Sturmer is going to get some extra stock soon.
While a few Scenarios too late for Warsaw, I'm certain that Vanguardia will find plenty of other opportunities to make use of Steamroller. :mrgreen:

Ending Prestige: 25174 (+5006)
Thoughts: While the Soviet equipment is better than what I faced in Poland, this is a defensive Scenario and I'm sure I've talked enough about how Auxiliary Force helps in that kind of Scenario. I did capture a fair bit of BT-7 stock to hopefully last through 1940 and early 1941, and even shored up Sturmer's At-1 stock to a more comfortable level.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1939-Denmark
Starting Prestige: 26574 (24908 after purchases and repairs)

Event:
I'll be taking that KV-2 stock, Schlachtschiff should have some fun time with it.

Hero:
This may seem like an odd choice of assignment, but the amount of time Vanguardia's combat predictions claimed it would kill an enemy only for it to retreat with 1 Strength remaining while I was trying to farm Overruns means Hoffmann will be replacing Kruger, who will be reassigned to Pfadfinder.

All Infantry outfitted with SdKfz 251/1
Dragoner outfitted with BT-7
Schlachtschiff outfitted with KV-2
Ungetum outfitted with Char B1

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.301 'Zugspitze'-Gebirgsjager (SdKfz 251/1)
  • InfAbt.302 'Watzmann'-Gebirgsjager (SdKfz 251/1)
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.303 'Ungetum'-Char B1
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
Reserve:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.101 'Standhaft'-Grenadier (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Anti-Infantry Veteran, First Aid
  • InfAbt.102 'Unpassierbar'-Grenadier (SdKfz 251/1)-*,Heroic Defense+2
  • InfAbt.103 'Unnachgiebig'-Grenadier (SdKfz 251/1)-*
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Urban Legend
  • InfAbt.202 'Ruhm'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*
  • InfAbt.203 'Wurde'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-**, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.101 'Vorhut'-BT-7-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense, Artillery Support
  • PzAbt.102 'Dragoner'-BT-7-**,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense+1, River Assault
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-KV-2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.102 'Pfadfinder'-Panhard 178-***, Overrun
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.102 'Katapult'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)-**, Counter Battery Fire
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.101 'Schrapnell'-8.8cm FlaK 36 (SdKfz 7)-**, Camouflage, Cheap Replacements
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • I.ZG1 'Adler'-Bf 110C-*, Legendary
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 3 Wehr Infantry (Opel Blitz
  • 2 Fallschirmjager
Tanks:
  • 1 Panzer 38(t)A
Destroyer:
  • 3 Type 1934A-class
Taking the opportunity to try and train up some of my less experienced units leaves me with a very interesting lineup. This is also another Scenario where already deployed paratroopers and destroyers take up 18 of my allocated 30 Auxiliary Slots do to the Scenario not giving any to account for those pre-deployed units.

Working with this hodgepoge of an army is a mess at times, but against Denmark I don't have to worry too much.

Ending Prestige: 24932 (-1642)
Thoughts: On one hand, I lost Prestige. On the other, I both A) prioritized kills over captures (Save for the T-13, it might be fun if I can pick up a few more in Belgium depending on how it compares to the Panzerjager I.) and B. took an extra turn time to fully repair all my units before ending the Scenario. It may have cost me more but I'd like to not have to worry about it at the start of 1940, and I have plenty of Prestige for the time being.

Final Results of AO: 1939
Final Prestige Total: 24932 (+6645)

Army Core Composition:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.101 'Standhaft'-Grenadier (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Anti-Infantry Veteran, First Aid
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-**, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.102 'Dragoner'-BT-7-**,Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense+1, River Assault
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-KV-2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
  • PzAbt.401 'Inferno'-OT-133-*
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-BM-13 Katyusha-*
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.101 'Schrapnell'-8.8cm FlaK 36 (SdKfz 7)-**, Camouflage, Cheap Replacements
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary Force Tally:
Infantry:
  • 31 Wehr Infantry (Opel Blitz)
  • 13 Kavallerie
  • 2 Fallschirmjager
  • 5 Bruckenpionere (Opel Blitz)
Tanks:
  • 9 Panzer 38(t)A
  • 2 Panzer IIC
  • 2 Hotchkiss H35
  • 1 Renault R35
  • 2 Trubia
Recon:
  • 9 SdKfz 222
  • 1 UNL-35
Anti-Tank:
  • 3 3.7cm Pak 37 (Opel Blitz)
Artillery:
  • 1 21cm Mrs 18 (SdKfz 7)
  • 1 15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)
  • 5 10.5cm leFH 18 (Opel Blitz)
  • 7.5cm FK 16 nA (Opel Blitz)
  • 3 Sturmpanzer I
Anti-Aircraft:
  • 1 2cm FlaK 38 (Opel Blitz)
  • 3 SdKfz 10/4
Fighter:
  • 8 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 12 Bf110C
  • 10 Ju 87B
Destroyer:
  • 3 Type 1934A-class
Closing Thoughts:
Compared to the SCW, with the addition of Core Infantry and no Auxiliary exclusives available to buy, I can be a lot freer with what exactly I want to buy with for my Auxiliary Force. On the other hand, I no longer have the additional Auxiliary Slots which means a relatively smaller force. Infantry is still the dominant type of Auxiliary unit I buy, but not by as much of a gap. Also, thanks to the additional units I was able to experiment and try out some hairbrained stunts with my forces. But now that the war is going to really kick off as I go into 1940 and both my Core and the enemy grow more and more experienced, the harder of a time my Auxiliaries will have...
Anyway, seeing as pre-deployed ships cost my Auxiliary Slots like every other pre-deployed unit, I am debating how I want to approach 1940's Norway and British Scenarios where the Kreigsmarine and any other predetermined Auxiliaries will be present. I could just eat the Slot Cost like I have been, but that's much less appealing on harder Scenarios. The other idea I have is to, well, console command in some extra Zero Slot Heroes to assign to the pre-deployed Auxiliaries. Also, after checking it seems that not only does the Blucher take 7 Axillary Slots, but the 4 downed aircraft I have to defend take 2 each! The Zero Slot plan is looking more and more appealing...
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

That extra one core slot for infantry to half-track transports, discussion of the ages if it is worth it - but at least with auxiliary infantry it is possible to treat these as special units.

As for AO 1940 and core slot issue with ships - maybe with AO 1941 this will get patched? Some things like this were already, and considering the Dev Diary mentioned for example Hungarian allies, there would be some room to make the change at this point.

Finally, these were some really impressive capture figures by the end of the campaign! AT-1 and BT-7A should serve you well. They are not that expensive, so AI does not target them much. Too bad the T-28 did now see any action, but in 1941 with more parts, who knows...
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Tassadar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:59 pm That extra one core slot for infantry to half-track transports, discussion of the ages if it is worth it - but at least with auxiliary infantry it is possible to treat these as special units.

As for AO 1940 and core slot issue with ships - maybe with AO 1941 this will get patched? Some things like this were already, and considering the Dev Diary mentioned for example Hungarian allies, there would be some room to make the change at this point.

Finally, these were some really impressive capture figures by the end of the campaign! AT-1 and BT-7A should serve you well. They are not that expensive, so AI does not target them much. Too bad the T-28 did now see any action, but in 1941 with more parts, who knows...
I mean, the general idea is that my Core are my elite units compared to the Auxillaries anyway. :lol:
And I will admit I generally fall into the camp of considering that the armor and ability to defend itself is worth the reduced movement and extra Slot cost over the Opel Blitz anyway. Although even in normal games I tend to leave the basic Infantry in Opel Blitzs, partly for flexibility, but since I'm leaving that type of Infantry for the Auxillaries anyway...

I can hope, I did bring up this issue in the bug thread earlier so I guess I can cross my fingers.
I might wait till 1941 releases to continue then, and if it's not fixed I'll figure out what to do then.

Yeah, really happy that the extra AT-1 showed up to give me some more cushion when using it, especially since it's a huge improvement over the PzI Breda. Wish another BT-7A did as well, but I guess I can't be lucky all the time. :mrgreen:
The problem with the T-28 is that even if another showed up for me to capture I don't really see much benefit to using it over the Char B1s I have and will be expanding the stockpile of in 1940, and by the time that starts to run out in Russia odds are I'll have KV-1s and 2s to replace those anyway.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Time to get back in the saddle.

AO: 1940-Fornebu
Starting Prestige: 26932 (22832 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
Evasive will go very well with one of my new Paratrooper divisions to increase their survivability behind enemy lines.

InfAbt.401 'Springer'-Fallschirmjager recruited.
InfAbt.402 'Freifallflug'-Fallschirmjager recruited.
Kataphrakt outfitted with Panzer 38(t)A
Grenzer outfitted with BA-10
Brecher outfitted with T-13

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.401 'Springer'-Fallschirmjager-Evasive
  • InfAbt.402 'Freifallflug'-Fallschirmjager
Tanks:
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-BM-13 Katyusha-*
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
Strategic Bomber:
Reserve:
Infantry:
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.104 'Kataphrakt'-Panzer 38(t)A-*
  • PzAbt.401 'Inferno'-OT-133-*
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.103 'Grenzer'-BA-10-***, Overwhelming Attack, Heroic Defense+1
Anti-Tank:
  • PjAbt.202 'Brecher'-T-13-Cheap Replacements
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 5 Fallschirmjager
Anti-Tank:
  • 1 3.7cm Pak 36
Artillery:
  • 2 7.5cm FK 16 nA
Anti-Aircraft:
  • 1 2cm Flakvierling 38
Tactical Bomber:
  • 3 Bf 110C
  • 1 Ju 87B
So, a bit of an oddity seems to have occurred do to starting 1940 by importing my last Core to make sure the new update that fixes the Predeployed Auxiliaries taking up Auxiliary Force Slots issue. Much like how other players have commentated how your imported Core Traits carry over to the first Scenario upon importing even if you don't pick the same Traits (No Artillery/Airforce being the main culprits), Auxiliary Force carries over the same way, and since I picked it 'again' upon starting I effectively have double the Auxiliary Slots I should have (60). Honestly, considering this map is going to be crowded enough I think I'll just use half the Slots like I'm technically supposed to only have. My Auxiliaries themselves are completely devoted to Fallschirmjager and light guns to ferry over and protect the grounded Bf110s as well as extra Air Force.

The Blucher is saved and I add some nice Prototypes to my collection of Units.
With the swarm of extra Fallschirmjagers and Light Guns I ship to the north via air, the Norwegian forces find themselves as the ones on the defensive.

Ending Prestige: 25521 (+2689)
Thoughts: This was an interesting Scenario to come back to. Lots of rough and mountainous terrain slowing Movement to a crawl and 2 different hotspots that need aid ASAP, providing ample reason for players to pick up some Fallschirmjagers if they haven't already and requires a fair bit of thinking to juggle the different fronts.
Vanguardia was a powerhouse this Scenario. The pockets of soft targets in Close Terrain coupled with Steamroller allowed them to go on a rampage through enemy lines multiple times, and they were even strong enough to trade favorably with enemy Mountain Infantry in High Ground.

AO: 1940-Undisclosed Location CZ
Starting Prestige: 26046 (24709 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
An amazing Hero for my Panzers. In this case I will be assigning him to Inferno to really bring the heat ( :lol: ) against entrenched Infantry.

ArtAbt.402 'Pfeifer'-BM-13 Katyusha recruited.
Raketenwerfer outfitted with Wurfrahmen 40

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.401 'Springer'-Fallschirmjager-Evasive
  • InfAbt.402 'Freifallflug'-Fallschirmjager
Artillery:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
Reserve:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.401 'Inferno'-OT-133-*, Vigilant
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-Wurfrahmen 40-*
  • ArtAbt.402 'Pfeifer'-BM-13 Katyusha
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 3 Fallschirmjager
Picked up some extra Fallschirmjager to capture the various flags so my Core can focus on gaining experiance.

A new Hero is always welcome.

Ending Prestige: 25077 (+368)
Thoughts: Not much to say here, its just a Training Scenario after all.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Double Move or Double Attack always makes taking down Oscarborg much less stressful. I also like ho you can just swarm paratroopers with auxiliary force - I can only imagine the horde you will be able to drop on Crete in Operation Mercury.

Also, a nice idea of sending those light guns there. I all my four AARs I totally forgot that airlifting them is an option! Even with just one movement point they can provide some great support fire in that nasty open terrain. Now it got me thinking and I have a feeling this will come in handy for my current Retrograde AAR for upcoming Operation Mercury, since technically I can only get one paratrooper unit and the rest should be regular infantry. If that is somehow proven to be doable I wonder if I'm able to pull off Operation Mercury even without a single paratrooper during the Panzermon Run. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Tassadar on Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Yeah, Crete is going to be...interesting to say the least.

On one hand, the Auxillary paratrooper and light gun swarm is going to be ridiculous.
On the other, besides Infantry and Air Force I'm not entirely sure what my Core can contribute without, say, downsizing my big Artillery guns, which takes up at least 6 of my Slow Modernization slots (3 to downgrade them during Mercury, 3 next Scenarios to change them back, more if I start downgrading a couple Scenarios in advance).
I'll probably need to do some test runs to figure out what guns will be available at that point that can be airlifted.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1940-Eben-Emael
Starting Prestige: 26827 (24277 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
Assigned to Feuersturm to make a dedicated anti-tank Bomber.

PzAbt.203 'Hammer'-Panzer IVD recruited
PzAbt.204 'Amboss'-Panzer IVD recruited
Scrapper outfitted with Panzerjager IB
Spuckfeuer outfitted with SdKfz 7/1
Adler outfitted with Bf 110D

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.401 'Springer'-Fallschirmjager-*,Evasive
  • InfAbt.402 'Freifallflug'-Fallschirmjager-*
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.203 'Hammer'-Panzer IVD
Recon:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.401 'Raketenwerfer'-Wurfrahmen 40-*, Elsa Kloss
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II./SG1 'Feuersturm'-Ju 87B-*, Tank Killer
  • I./SGR 'Zima'-Il-2 Shturmovik-*
Reserve:
Infantry:
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.204 'Amboss'-Panzer IVD
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
  • PjAbt.203 'Scrapper'-Panzerjager IB
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.203 'Fortbrecher'-BT-7A-*
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.201 'Spuckfeuer'-SdKfz 7/1-*,Resilient
Fighter:
  • III./JG1 'Schall'-Bf 109E-*
Tactical Bomber:
  • I.ZG1 'Adler'-Bf 110D-*, Legendary
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110C
  • III.ZG1 'Wurger'-Bf 110C-*
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 2 Wehr Infantry (Opel Blitz)
  • 3 Fallschirmjager
Tanks:
  • 1 Panzer IIIF
Artillery:
  • 1 Sturmpanzer I
Fighter:
  • 1 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 2 Ju 87B
Encirclement established. Now for the hard part, maintaining it.
Heroic Defense Medals are always awkward to see. On one hand, one of your units just got jumped and likely badly damaged, and had you positioned your forces better it might not have happened. On the other, Survivor is a very useful perk to have for those situations where you inevitably screw up and overextend with a unit.

Ending Prestige: 27979 (+3702)
Thoughts: Eben-Emael is an interesting Scenario. It's intimidating at first glance, especially with only 14 Turns, but the game outright informs you of a fairly simple way to deal with the biggest concentration of enemy firepower, that being Fallschirmjagers. But that doesn't turn this into a complete cakewalk, as you still need to get reinforcements up to assist them quickly because the Belgiums can easily counter-encircle your troops and wipe them out. In hindsight I probably should have gone for 1 or 2 Auxiliary Bridge Engineers to help get my forces across the rivers faster instead of getting congested on the single bridges between Eben-Emael and the southern defensive line, but everything worked out in the end so I'm content with the results.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1940-Hannut
Starting Prestige: 30079 (27245 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
Assigned to Katapult, as since Katapult has Artillery Support, AT Support, and a Hero providing Counter Battery Fire Schroder will have maximum opportunity to showcase his skills.

PzAbt.X01 'Hydra'-Neubaufahrzeug recruited mid-Scenario.
Scattershot outfitted with SdKfz 7/1
Falke outfitted with Bf 110D
Wurger outfitted with Bf 110D

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Urban Legend, Heroic Defense
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Heroic Defense, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.X01 'Hydra'-Neubaufahrzeug
Recon:
  • AufkAbt.102 'Pfadfinder'-Panhard 178-***, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Overrun
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.102 'Katapult'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)-**, Counter Battery Fire, Expert Support
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
  • I./JG1 'As'-Bf 109E-***, Aerial Ace+1, Adolf Galland
Tactical Bomber:
Reserve:
Infantry:
Tanks:
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.202 'Scattershot'-SdKfz 7/1
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110D
  • III.ZG1 'Wurger'-Bf 110D-*
Strategic Bomber:
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 1 Wehr Infanterie (Opel Blitz)
  • 2 Kavallerie
  • 1 Bruckenpionerie (Opel Blitz)
Tanks:
  • 2 Panzer IIIF
Anti-Tank:
  • 1 Panzerjager IB
Fighter:
  • 2 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 2 Bf 110D
  • 2 Ju 87B
Hannut is quickly secured, now to take on the reinforcements.
Meanwhile, I send a group to flank around the north side to distract encircle enemies en route to Hannut.
Plenty of prizes to acquire, although it's kind of annoying you don't really get to use the Neubaufahrzeug this Scenario.

Ending Prestige: 32814 (+5569)
Thoughts: Hannut is another one of those Scenarios where I go into the Scenario paranoid about the dangers only for the actual Scenario to be a lot less of an imposing threat than I remembered. Probably because of the high experience French units roaming the battlefield, which would be a pretty major threat if they assaulted Hannut together, but instead they tend to trinkle in towards Hannut, attack, attack, take some Damage, and then retreat all the way back to Gembloux it feels like. Coupled with the fact that most of the frontliners in my Core are not exactly from lacking in Experience making the 3* French not quite as potent as they could be and as long as you don't do something dumb the Scenario is fairly manageable.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

I went through the unit list to in detail since it's been a while since it has been a while and I mostly skimmed though it earlier. This made me notice two interesting things. One is that even in a large tanks battle like this the BT-7 remains valid despite paper thin armor. Second is just a flavor joke mostly, but seriously, how does one make Rapid Fire work on KV-2, by putting Hulk in the loader's position? :mrgreen:
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Tassadar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:35 am I went through the unit list to in detail since it's been a while since it has been a while and I mostly skimmed though it earlier. This made me notice two interesting things. One is that even in a large tanks battle like this the BT-7 remains valid despite paper thin armor. Second is just a flavor joke mostly, but seriously, how does one make Rapid Fire work on KV-2, by putting Hulk in the loader's position? :mrgreen:
The 6 mobility is useful enough that the BT-7 (and Verdeja II) make good forward scouts/flankers/finishing blow units. You just have to pick your targets wisely and be careful with positioning so they don't get caught by an Anti-Tank or Tank with a decent gun (or worse, caught by multiple). They also make good lures for neighboring AT Guns. Essentially, the hammer to my slower tanks anvils.

I mean, Rapid Fire KV-2 makes more sense than where I assigned my Sedan Hero. Anyone want to see an OT-133 provide Artillery Support with a flamethrower? :lol:
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1940-Sedan
Starting Prestige: 35264 (31588 after purchases and repairs)

Hero:
Assigned to Inferno. Not sure how the flamethrowers are able to provide support fire, but I'm not complaining. :lol:

Stratus outfitted with Ju 88A
Kumulus outfitted with Ju 88A
Zirrus outfitted with Ju 88A

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+1, Heroic Defense, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-KV-2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
  • PzAbt.501 'Inferno'-OT-133-*, Vigilant
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110D
Reserve:
Infantry:
Tanks:
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
  • ArtAbt.102 'Katapult'-15cm sFH 18 (SdKfz 7)-**, Counter Battery Fire, Expert Support
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
Strategic Bomber:
  • I./KG1 'Stratus'-Ju 88A
  • II./KG1 'Kumulus-Ju 88A
  • III./KG1 'Zirrus'-Ju 88A
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 4 Kavallerie
  • 1 Bruckenpioniere
Recon:
  • 2 Kradschutzen
Anti-Tank:
  • 1 Panzerjager IB
Artillery:
  • 1 Sturmpanzer I
Anti-Aircraft:
  • 1 SdKfz 7/1
Fighter:
  • 1 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 2 Ju 87B
Sedan reminds me a lot of Warndt Forest but on a grander scale, lots of Forest to hinder movement and make using Tanks very risky and plenty of scattered pockets of enemy resistance.

Unpassierbar ends up with the unfortunate job of capturing Dinat for loot and then waiting around most of the Scenario as a backup way to contact 7th Panzer if I get held up too long at Sedan (Which I don't).

I catch my first sighting of someone who I am sure I'll be sick of seeing soon enough harrassing the 1st Panzer Division as the first of my forces close in on Sedan.

And thus does Vanguardia grow ever stronger.

Ending Prestige: 37006 (+5418)
Thoughts: I was worried coming back to this that Sedan would be a far more challenging return than it ended up being. While I can't say it was easy, it was far from the slog I had psyched myself up for. Even De Gaulle wasn't as much of a concern as I feared. He took enough damage from 1st Panzer Division just before my forces arrived that he retreated to heal up, and by the time he returned Sedan had fallen and my forces were ready for him.
Also, If I ever had any doubt that giving my Azul Infantry my Overrun Hero to earn Steamroller was a good idea, this Scenario silenced them. Commanding Vanguardia to just rip through a cluster of French units (often singlehandedly) was incredible.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

That was a long wait for that flamer artillery support, but well worth it. Now if only there was a hero other than artillery specific Elsa that adds extra ammo so that it can use that support fire more. :)
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Tassadar wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:20 pm That was a long wait for that flamer artillery support, but well worth it. Now if only there was a hero other than artillery specific Elsa that adds extra ammo so that it can use that support fire more. :)
Yeah, the Traits Heroes grant are really cool and all, but could you imagine common Heroes who simply granted +Movement or +Ammo? I'd say Stat boost only Heroes are often pretty dull but those 2 open up a lot of options, many of which could get ridiculous in a hurry :lol: .
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

AO: 1940-Battle of Arras
Starting Prestige: 19903 (16802 after purchases and repairs)

Event:
Time for my Prestige to take a drop, but not to a point that I would be truly concerned.

Hero:
Hmm, While I am tempted to give this to Vanguardia or one of my Artillery units, I ultimately assign Koch to Shrapnell, giving my 88 mobility on par with the 7/1s.

Core:
Infantry:
  • InfAbt.201 'Tapfer'-Pionere (SdKfz 251/1)-*, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Heroic Defense
  • InfAbt.S01 'Vanguardia'-Azul Infanterie (SdKfz 251/1)-***, Unstoppable Offensive, Urban Legend, Anti-Infantry Veteran+2, Heroic Defense, Oleh Dir, Combat Luck
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.301 'Schlachtschiff'-KV-2-**, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Reduced Slots, Rapid Fire 1.5x
  • PzAbt.S01 'Armadura'-Verdeja 2-***, Unstoppable Offense, Anti-Infantry Veteran, Anti-Tank Veteran, Heroic Defense, AT Support
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
  • FlakAbt.101 'Schrapnell'-8.8cm FlaK 36 (SdKfz 7)-**, Camouflage, Cheap Replacements, Fast Redeployment
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • I./ZG1 'Adler'-Bf 110D-*, Legendary
Reserve:
Infantry:
Tanks:
  • PzAbt.501 'Inferno'-OT-133-*, Vigilant
Recon:
Anti-Tank:
Artillery:
Anti-Aircraft:
Fighter:
Tactical Bomber:
  • II.ZG1 'Falke'-Bf 110D
Strategic Bomber:
  • I./KG1 'Stratus'-Ju 88A
  • II./KG1 'Kumulus-Ju 88A
  • III./KG1 'Zirrus'-Ju 88A
Armored Trains:
Auxiliary:
Infantry:
  • 2 Wehr Infanterie (Opel Blitz)
  • 2 Kavallerie
Tanks:
  • 2 Panzer IIIF
  • 2 Panzer IVD
Anti-Tank:
  • 6 5 Strength 3.7cm Pak 36
Fighter:
  • 2 Bf 109E
Tactical Bomber:
  • 3 Bf 110D
The western advance progresses quickly between the combine efforts of myself and Rommel's troops.

The eastern side bogs down for a time in the rivers and swamps, but ultimatly pushes through.

Shrapnell is amusingly fitting considering the history regarding of this Scenario.

Ending Prestige: 25038 (+8236)
Thoughts: My first encounter with the British introduces a lot of new equipment to test my forces against, and more importantly capture :lol: . Unfortunately the only interesting captures they offer are the Cruiser Mk.IV as an alternative to my BT-7s (6 Movement continues to be something German Tanks lack), the Wasp as a second Flame Tank option, and the QF 25 Pounder for it's unique Artillery/Anti-Tank swapping capabilities. Everything else is either inferior or identical to equipment I already have access to.
This lack of comparable equipment also meant that the Scenario itself was not too challenging. Just a constant and steady assault pushing them back to their reinforcement zones.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

The Wasp looks like a trap. It's squishy, so it will get hurt a lot without some meaningful heroes and that same paper armor means it's not that easy to capture fresh spare parts. Being a rare vehicle also does not help. I did not even consider using them in Panzermon so far, seeing how British units did poorly against my own forces, but then again, if I managed to make the TKS work in 1941, then the Wasp cannot be THAT terrible. :mrgreen:
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Tassadar wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:36 pm The Wasp looks like a trap. It's squishy, so it will get hurt a lot without some meaningful heroes and that same paper armor means it's not that easy to capture fresh spare parts. Being a rare vehicle also does not help. I did not even consider using them in Panzermon so far, seeing how British units did poorly against my own forces, but then again, if I managed to make the TKS work in 1941, then the Wasp cannot be THAT terrible. :mrgreen:
To be honest I'm not sure if there even is an upcoming Scenario where I would need a 2nd Flame Tank (maybe Moscow?), but I figured I'd pick one up to possibly get some exp for when I unlock Flammpanzers or if I get another Vigilant Hero, or even an Artillery Support and put it in a pure support fire roll.

It's mostly just me being a bit of a spaz about adding new shiny things to my army. :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 AARs”