Japanese Units

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Old Coach
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Japanese Units

Post by Old Coach » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 pm

I've set up a test scenario using Soviet troops as Japanese troops in an island assault battle. I'm using the small, early Soviet tanks in the scenario. It would be great if Japanese units could be added to the game as part of the scenario editor. The editor shows Japan as an Axis force so why not include Japanese units? Maybe they're in a future update.

WookieeDavidson
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Japanese Units

Post by WookieeDavidson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am

there's alot of nations that don't have any units yet - Finland, China, Sweden, Turkey, Switzerland... Makes you wonder why they bothered adding these nations in the base game if theres no units for them

smashtheaxis
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smashtheaxis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:12 pm

WookieeDavidson wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am
there's alot of nations that don't have any units yet - Finland, China, Sweden, Turkey, Switzerland... Makes you wonder why they bothered adding these nations in the base game if theres no units for them
Some of these countries are in the game as neutral nations in certain scenarios. I.e., there are cities with flags of these nations, in neutral hexes that cannot be entered.

There's probably no plan to include units for Turkey, Sweden or Switzerland, but I expect that eventually there will be units for nations that actively took part in the war, like Finland or Japan. We will just have to wait for future DLCs to drop, with scenarios that will require them.

WookieeDavidson
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WookieeDavidson » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:24 am

smashtheaxis wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:12 pm
WookieeDavidson wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am
Some of these countries are in the game as neutral nations in certain scenarios. I.e., there are cities with flags of these nations, in neutral hexes that cannot be entered.
As neutral as these countries were, they still fielded armies... hell the Swiss Airforce used Me109 Gs throughout the war and neutral countries still need to defend borders yea?

i can understand if its not a priority but it would be nice if they still had some units, a basic infantry unit even

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 pm

You know what's really easy to create? A placeholder nation setting to pave the way for future potential use.

You know what's really not cheap and really not easy to create? Professional quality 3D model art assets.

You know what gets expensive 3D model art assets created? Content that requires it.

Horse comes before cart, not cart before the horse. :idea:

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:44 am

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:27 pm

You know what's really not cheap and really not easy to create? Professional quality 3D model art assets.

You know what gets expensive 3D model art assets created? Content that requires it.

Horse comes before cart, not cart before the horse. :idea:
I would like to suggest something that may not have any relevance at all... and very-likely would also be totally impractical!. But!...Hey!... what the Heck!.

I have seen on T.V.-Programs... where a "laser-Scanner is used to make 'Perfect 3-D Images' of what-ever it is that you wish to make an 'Image' of. I think that it is called 'LIDAR'... but I am not at all sure of that title... as to what its proper designated title is.

Problem is... now how to convert those 'Laser-Scans' into usable 3-D Computer Images???... I don't have a clue!. That's all I have!.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”