Strategic Bombing

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Old Coach
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Strategic Bombing

Post by Old Coach » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

A nice addition to Panzer Corps 2 would be strategic bombing. The terrain editor could include factories and oil refineries as destroyable targets. Airfields could also be destroyable. City or town hexes could also be destroyable targets. The Battle of Britain could be campaign for example. Imagine setting up a scenario to destroy the Ploesti oil fields. A lot of possibilities there.

WookieeDavidson
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Strategic Bombing

Post by WookieeDavidson » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 pm

What has this got to do with mods?

isnt this more for the idea's thread? viewtopic.php?f=464&t=76834

Old Coach

Post by Old Coach » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm

I guess it doesn't have anything to do with mods. I thought I was the scenario section of the forum when I entered the post. So, what do think about having strategic bombing in the game?

WookieeDavidson
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WookieeDavidson » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 am

Old Coach wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm
I guess it doesn't have anything to do with mods. I thought I was the scenario section of the forum when I entered the post. So, what do think about having strategic bombing in the game?
No that's my mistake, when I read your post, i thought you were suggesting of adding the ability to destroy with strategic bombers, hence why I suggested the idea's thread

Strategic Bombing right now in its current state is a little hit and miss for me, right now it serves no purpose other than supressing enemies and 9/10 I rely on artillery to supress instead.

A Battle of Britain scenario could easily work as it is now, but instead of strategic bombers you can use tactical instead and the targets could be Oil pumps, or soft targets and dummy hangers

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”