Modding Flags

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Modding Flags

Post by NeyLutzow »

Im at a lost here, I been trying to understand how to change flags in game in the same manner as it was in Panzer Corps 1(so much easier) but im not being able to find were to go i found a bunch of flags files but don't know how to open those files. So my to my question, is it possible to mod flags?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Modding Flags

Post by Magic1111 »

NeyLutzow wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:54 pm is it possible to mod flags?
I don´t think so.

I'm not sure, but wasn't that discussed on this thread too?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 97&t=99602
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

The option to mod game assets (including the flags) has been unlocked in 1.1.14 but we still need to provide some documentation and modding kit to make it usable for people. In the mean time, I could try to help. Which flags do you want to mod?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:46 pm The option to mod game assets (including the flags) has been unlocked in 1.1.14 but we still need to provide some documentation and modding kit to make it usable for people. In the mean time, I could try to help. Which flags do you want to mod?
I would like to have historically correct German flags, as shown in the screenshot on the bottom right.

The screenshot are taken from the large mod "Ostfront" for Panzer Corps 1

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Okay, I've uploaded all flags (and also faction icons) here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2tmlt12tpeyn ... s.zip?dl=0

You can modify some of them the way you want and send the modified version to me at rudankort@yandex.ru

I'll try to create a mod using these modified versions.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:34 pm You can modify some of them the way you want and send the modified version to me at rudankort@yandex.ru
Thanks, but I'm not a graphic modder. That would have to do the thread creator.

Or someone else who knows. :D
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:46 pm The option to mod game assets (including the flags) has been unlocked in 1.1.14 but we still need to provide some documentation and modding kit to make it usable for people. In the mean time, I could try to help. Which flags do you want to mod?
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for being so considerate for offering me a helping hand. I would like to change the flags from germany and especially the "german flag pole". I could see that the zipped file you uploaded have the shop, hud, faction icons. If i mod those flags will they also affect the flag on the flag pole? If yes I will start working on it and will send it to you. Once more thanks for being so helpfull. Im loving(addicted :lol: ) the game! It's a great successor for the first panzer corps.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

NeyLutzow wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:58 pm If i mod those flags will they also affect the flag on the flag pole?
After unzipped go to Folder \PzC2_factions\Faction icons

For germany that must be the Files faction_de.png, faction_de_defeat.png and faction_de_small.png
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:34 pm Okay, I've uploaded all flags (and also faction icons) here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2tmlt12tpeyn ... s.zip?dl=0

You can modify some of them the way you want and send the modified version to me at rudankort@yandex.ru

I'll try to create a mod using these modified versions.
I emailed you the 'new' flags in the same structure(.zip). If you think it won't work because of any mistake I made when changing the flag let me know what I did wrong and will try to fix it asap. Thanks
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

NeyLutzow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:24 am I emailed you the 'new' flags in the same structure(.zip). If you think it won't work because of any mistake I made when changing the flag let me know what I did wrong and will try to fix it asap. Thanks
Thanks, I've got the files. Have been busy last couple of days with a new small update coming for the game soon, but I'll check them out shortly.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:42 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:24 am I emailed you the 'new' flags in the same structure(.zip). If you think it won't work because of any mistake I made when changing the flag let me know what I did wrong and will try to fix it asap. Thanks
Thanks, I've got the files. Have been busy last couple of days with a new small update coming for the game soon, but I'll check them out shortly.
Awesome! And thank you for your patience, I don't want to deviate you from your work with the game so please take your time. Thanks once again for this favor.
MrWhite
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MrWhite »

could you make this mod available to more interested users, please ?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

MrWhite wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:28 am could you make this mod available to more interested users, please ?
I think that the MOD will also be published after examination, maybe in the Steam Workshop. I'm interested in the MOD too.
MrWhite
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MrWhite »

Had bought the game via GOG so steam workshop will not work for me :(
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

MrWhite wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:13 am Had bought the game via GOG so steam workshop will not work for me :(
Mods can also be installed manually, using Steam Workshop is not mandatory.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am Mods can also be installed manually, using Steam Workshop is not mandatory.
How will this flag MOD appear? In the workshop, or here as an attachment in a post? Because you wanted to check the MOD before it was published. :D
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

I also bought the game on GOG so someone else would have to put it on the steam workshop in case people desire to have the mod over there as well. This alpha version of the mod that I sent over to Rudankort is only a change for the german flags from the condor legion and the ww2 flag, no icon change etc. In the future when the mod tools or guide on how to mod becomes available I also intend to change the awards(Unit medals), other icons(defeat icon and victory icon). And if someone more capable appears I also don't mind letting him take over the mod.
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Magic1111 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:32 am I think that the MOD will also be published after examination, maybe in the Steam Workshop. I'm interested in the MOD too.
Mods should be published automatically once uploaded to Steam. It'll take a few min for them to show up, though.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
MrWhite
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MrWhite »

Any news on this mod ?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

That would be my question too! :mrgreen: