Unit Stats Question

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Unit Stats Question

Post by Stormchaser »

So, I've been tinkering some with the Units file recently, with the idea of making a mod adding in some Units that didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Things like not enough produced, never made it past prototyping for some reason, too similar to other units available at the same time, or possibly got overlooked for the purposes of the game.
Anyway, I think I have a good grasp on the Units file, except for a couple of things.

First of all:
stats.attack.soft.passive
stats.attack.hard.passive
stats.attack.air.passive
stats.attack.naval.passive
I haven't been able to figure out what this set of True/False stats actually do.

Secondly, how exactly does the NoPurchase Trait work and what is it for? I initially assumed I wouldn't need it because it was more for things like Forts, but then I noticed that the Verdeja 2 has this Trait as well, and I'm reasonably sure I remember seeing those in the shop during Madrid 1939 as Spanish Auxiliaries.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Unit Stats Question

Post by Rudankort »

When "passive" is set to true, it means that the unit cannot initiate this type of attack, but it will shoot back if attacked.

No purchase means that the unit will not be listed on Purchase screen. If you have some points of such unit in the pool (prototypes, captured equipment etc.) then you will be able to purchase it in limited numbers (until the pool is depleted) even though it is normally "no purchase".
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Passive means that the value is only used when the unit comes under attack; it cannot be used to initiate attacks.

The NoPurchase trait does exactly what it says. As far as the Verdeja 2 is concerned, you're right that it used to be possible to requisition it in Madrid '39 (in fact, it was possible to get them as core units too by exploiting the auxiliary bug), but that is no longer possible.

Edit: Damn you, Rudankort :oops:
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Rudankort wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:31 pm When "passive" is set to true, it means that the unit cannot initiate this type of attack, but it will shoot back if attacked.

No purchase means that the unit will not be listed on Purchase screen. If you have some points of such unit in the pool (prototypes, captured equipment etc.) then you will be able to purchase it in limited numbers (until the pool is depleted) even though it is normally "no purchase".
SineMora wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:33 pm Passive means that the value is only used when the unit comes under attack; it cannot be used to initiate attacks.

The NoPurchase trait does exactly what it says. As far as the Verdeja 2 is concerned, you're right that it used to be possible to requisition it in Madrid '39 (in fact, it was possible to get them as core units too by exploiting the auxiliary bug), but that is no longer possible.

Edit: Damn you, Rudankort :oops:
That explains things well enough, thank you both.
I wasn't aware of the Verdeja becoming unavailable at Madrid, which explains why it confused me so much. :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”