Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by tpoo »

terminator wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:34 am I started the first GC43 mission directly. You don’t get any heroes at the beginning if you start the GC43 directly ?
There are more core units deployed at the beginning than the limit (171/143) but this does not prevent to continue and to be able to play with more core units than the allowed limit :o

GC43(1).jpg

GC43(2).jpg
Unlike what the developers did with AO we did not dole out heroes at the beginning of the campaigns if you did not import a core. On the matter of the core units being over the max if you do not import I will probably fix that at the next update. The Core Max is actually what is posted from the PC1 campaign import and the units are what was on the map in the original PC1 scenario if you did not import so that obvious need to be adjust just for the sake of being consistent.
Thank you.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

In the Dnepropetrovsk scenario, the Soviets have Yak-3 fighters, which does not correspond to historical realities. This aircraft appeared at the front in the summer of 1944.
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

Hi I encountered an error at the last turn at Novgorod 1941, and I can't continue to the next mission.

Invalid scenario path 'Game/Campaigns/GC1941/12Leningrad41/Leningrad41.map'.

Somehow my game doesn't read the campaign in the document folder. So I replaced the steam workshop file with the GC campaign downloaded on the forum. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks.
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

sakura006 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm Hi I encountered an error at the last turn at Novgorod 1941, and I can't continue to the next mission.

Somehow my game doesn't read the campaign in the document folder. So I replaced the steam workshop file with the GC campaign downloaded on the forum. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks.
I found the problem. There is no 12Leningrad in the file uploaded here.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

sakura006 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:51 pm
sakura006 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm Hi I encountered an error at the last turn at Novgorod 1941, and I can't continue to the next mission.

I found the problem. There is no 12Leningrad in the file uploaded here.
Thanks for catching this. I do not know how that folder got deleted for 12Leningrad but unfortunately it was. I am going to upload a new link with this corrected as well as some of the other issues reported on GC1943.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

I have uploaded a new file link for V2.11. on the first post of the thread.

Fixed the Leningrad folder missing from GC1941.
Added possibility of snow to Streets of Moscow GC1941
Removed Yak3 fighters and replaced with LAGG3 fighters in Demyansk Pocket GC1941
Removed Yak3 Fighters and replaced with Yak 9 for Dnepropetrovsk GC1943
Updated commendation point purchase for Kiev1943 for GC1943
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

tpoo wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 pm I have uploaded a new file link for V2.11. on the first post of the thread.
Updated commendation point purchase for Kiev1943 for GC1943
Thanks for the update.

Before it was 171/147, now it is 150/147 (?)
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Sorry but later many hours of gameplay and after finishing 1942 as well, I realized that I have been using cheats all the time. In my opinion the mod is very badly balanced, particularly the prestige is absolutely insufficient. I played on difficulty level 2 and without cheat for prestige and on a couple of occasions for instant victory I would have quit a long time ago ...
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:40 am Sorry but later many hours of gameplay and after finishing 1942 as well, I realized that I have been using cheats all the time. In my opinion the mod is very badly balanced, particularly the prestige is absolutely insufficient. I played on difficulty level 2 and without cheat for prestige and on a couple of occasions for instant victory I would have quit a long time ago ...
I feel the mod is really well balanced and prestige should not be a problem. My latest playthrough on Field Marshal I started 1942 with 100k prestige and that was without using a "scavenger" hero nor "Trophies of War".
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:40 am Sorry but later many hours of gameplay and after finishing 1942 as well, I realized that I have been using cheats all the time. In my opinion the mod is very badly balanced, particularly the prestige is absolutely insufficient. I played on difficulty level 2 and without cheat for prestige and on a couple of occasions for instant victory I would have quit a long time ago ...
Sorry you feel that way but we did all playthroughs in Field Marshall and didn't found any trouble with the difficulty, so there's something you are not doing right or maybe the perks have changed making the campaign more harder. but we will keep it in mind for future releases, since the number of units it's the same as in the original one, but due to difference of how the editor works here it is a difference in the behaviour of the enemy units. but we will keep it in mind for future updates. Thank you
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

In my view this campaign is actually better than the original. I continue to really enjoy this series and cannot wait for 1944 to come out. My experience with prestige was that is was low in the first few years compared to the original, but 1943 was the reverse, more prestige than the original.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I started Grand Campaign 43 directly (Karkhov 43) but I gave up after a dozen turns because of the weather.
I started the scenario with two days of snow so no air support available. Then it went for a few turns and then came a terrible weather never seen before: a day of snow then a day of rain with a muddy ground then a day of snow then again a day of rain with a muddy ground. The operation was then cancelled due to terrible weather...
I wanted to repeat the scenario and then the bad weather with rain came back on the first turn...
I did a test with the original Panzercorps 1 scenario. I ran the scenario twice and twice I had clear sky on the first turn.
In conclusion, the weather makes this scenario unplayable.

Note that it is difficult to locate on the map because no place name is visible.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

terminator wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:33 am I started Grand Campaign 43 directly (Karkhov 43) but I gave up after a dozen turns because of the weather.
I started the scenario with two days of snow so no air support available. Then it went for a few turns and then came a terrible weather never seen before: a day of snow then a day of rain with a muddy ground then a day of snow then again a day of rain with a muddy ground. The operation was then cancelled due to terrible weather...
I wanted to repeat the scenario and then the bad weather with rain came back on the first turn...
I did a test with the original Panzercorps 1 scenario. I ran the scenario twice and twice I had clear sky on the first turn.
In conclusion, the weather makes this scenario unplayable.

Note that it is difficult to locate on the map because no place name is visible.
Apologies but the mod is not play tested or balanced to play from the stock units at the beginning of the campaign, especially without heroes. Maybe at some point in the future we will look to do this but most people want to play with imported cores. The weather for Kharkov 43 is very random and is very different on each play through. That is as close to historical as I can get it. The editor settings for snow are 22% Snow and 12% rain, not unreasonable. If the weather LUA scripts worked at all I could tweak the scenario to better represent but they do not and I have asked several times for them to be fixed. The original Panzer Corps scenario had snow and rain at 0%. If anyone has a better idea how to address these issues I am all ears.
Again, thank you very much for playing the mod.
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

Of course, a good workaround for this pesky occurrence is:

setany weather [weather]
Sets current weather. Possible values of [weather] are (case sensitive):
Clear, Cloudy, Rain, Snow

:D
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Waffenamt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:12 pm Of course, a good workaround for this pesky occurrence is:

setany weather [weather]
Sets current weather. Possible values of [weather] are (case sensitive):
Clear, Cloudy, Rain, Snow

:D
You can set this in the LUA scripts to occur. Unfortunately, Planes will still fly when the weather is snow or rain and this issue has not been fixed by the developers.
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

I finished your 41 GC and there is a little problem in leningrad:

One Vic Hex is in range of a FIFTY overstrenght artilleryof the russians.

Its especially annoying, when the russians counterattack and its absolutly impossible to hold this vic hex.
Since there is no script for activating all units in the end to attack vic hexes (like i did in my old endsieg mod, it makes no sence that units do nothing all the time, especially when they are close to a vic hex or at your vulnerable flank...but in the offical dlc thats a problem too - warshaw f. ex. - i remember troops doing nothing all the time), i had no problem in achieving victory. But the price was a unit and lots of prestige.

Basically i dont think, that its a good idea to use 50 overstrenght units, like you did in kiev and leningrad. Because units with that power instantly annihilate you and thats more firepower that any ww2 unit should have. Very problematic for scout planes, if they are in range of such an 50 air defence. On my leningrad map, the player could attack anything: Rudankort, conquer whole leningrad if he likes, but then he looses because he has not enough time for the vic hexes. And if you build a very strong defence, with overstrenght 20, its enough. In the actual state, leningrad feels more, as if its defended by 40k space marines, or battlemechs.

I enjoyed 41 and i am looking forward to 42 and 43. Thx for your work.
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

On the demyansk map, the allied ai kills all russians so fast, that i could easily retreat out of the "encirclement", without problems on turn 14.
Doesnt make any sense, that i should hold the demyansk pocket, when all russians in the west are already dead. Maybe give the alillied ai less stukas, because thats why it kills the superior russian tanks so fast.
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

Kharkov 42: Is it intended, that normal villages give no prestige at all ?
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I can’t play GC43 if I import core from GC42 because the game crash after loading… I can play only without import core, but so I loose my interest.
Any suggestion?
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

o_t_d_x wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:21 pm Kharkov 42: Is it intended, that normal villages give no prestige at all ?
Hi thank you, we will look up to all those bugs, and thank you for taking your time to report them :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”