Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by dalfrede »

sapper1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 pm I have the Steam Version and have up to 42 installed and running. I have downloaded 43 from the link but can't for the life of me figure out where it's supposed to go. None of the folders listed are in any of my folders. I can't even locate where the previous years are installed. Any thoughts? Thank you!
~\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Campaigns
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 am
sapper1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 pm I have the Steam Version and have up to 42 installed and running. I have downloaded 43 from the link but can't for the life of me figure out where it's supposed to go. None of the folders listed are in any of my folders. I can't even locate where the previous years are installed. Any thoughts? Thank you!
~\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Campaigns
I don't have that folder. Nor a mods folder. 42 and before all work fine but I for the life of me cannot find where they are installed at. I'm pretty computer literate but this just baffles me. Even when I search for the previous files I come up with nothing. I don't get it. Thank you though.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

sapper1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 am I don't have that folder. Nor a mods folder. 42 and before all work fine but I for the life of me cannot find where they are installed at. I'm pretty computer literate but this just baffles me. Even when I search for the previous files I come up with nothing. I don't get it. Thank you though.
Create the folder by hand.
Note: if you installed the campaigns through Steam Workshop, they are buried in the Steam directory tree.
They are findable, but I suspect someone with your computer skills would just get lost.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:58 am
sapper1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 am I don't have that folder. Nor a mods folder. 42 and before all work fine but I for the life of me cannot find where they are installed at. I'm pretty computer literate but this just baffles me. Even when I search for the previous files I come up with nothing. I don't get it. Thank you though.
Create the folder by hand.
Note: if you installed the campaigns through Steam Workshop, they are buried in the Steam directory tree.
They are findable, but I suspect someone with your computer skills would just get lost.
My game (and all previous DLC's) are installed through Steam workshop. I checked the PC2 folder there also without success.
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

I have PC2 set up through Steam as well. I don't know how the numbering works or if it stays the same depending on the app, but try looking for a folder like this:

X:\Steam Library\steamapps\workshop\content\1072040\2410075863

The last folder contains the campaigns and data folders for this great DLC, which I'm also currently immersed in.

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]SteamPzC2DLC.jpg[/attachment]
Hope that helps. :D
Attachments
SteamPzC2DLC.jpg
SteamPzC2DLC.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Waffenamt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 pm I have PC2 set up through Steam as well. I don't know how the numbering works or if it stays the same depending on the app, but try looking for a folder like this:

The last folder contains the campaigns and data folders for this great DLC, which I'm also currently immersed in.

SteamPzC2DLC.jpg
This is correct. Grondel is not in town so that is why the Steam Workshop has not been updated. He will get to doing that as soon as he can. The mods would appear here when completed automatically from the Steam Workshop. However, It appears that you can just take the folders from the Slitherine download link and drop them in the Steam folders on your PC like explained above. The Steam Mod manager will recognized files from the Steam Directory or your My Documents / My Games folders. If you are going to drop the files for GC1943 into the Steam Folders also drop the GC1942 as well because there were updates. You will also have to copy the campaigns.csv file in the data folder because that is the excel spreadsheet that has the DLC's listed on it. Without that updated GC1943 will not show up on your Panzer Corps 2 start screen as selectable.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Sorry guys but why on the steam workshop the great campaign is still stopped at 42 and even the last update of July ??
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:55 pm Sorry guys but why on the steam workshop the great campaign is still stopped at 42 and even the last update of July ??
Hello, as I said in the last post Grondel is the greater of the Steam Workshop and has the access to update the files but has been quite busy outside of the Panzer Corps world. He has communicated that he will update as soon as he can. The work around as described above should work for now until he gets back.
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Waffenamt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 pm I have PC2 set up through Steam as well. I don't know how the numbering works or if it stays the same depending on the app, but try looking for a folder like this:

SteamPzC2DLC.jpg
FINALLY! I found where these files are! Thank you so much! Just booted it up and its there! Thanks again!
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

Really great work, GC 43 was really fun to play with some great maps! I also would have never thought I could hate Russian AT guns so much. I also ended up with a lot less prestige which is a nice change.

Bugs I came across:
GC42 - Storming Stalingrad: Units awards for kills needed is still messed up unless you add the RulesAxisOperations.json file to the map via the editor
GC43 -Kiev'43: The additonal fighter at the start will put your core slots to 155/163 which means you're not able to deploy any remaining troops, so I had to use a cheat code so set the core slots to 163
GC43 - Kiev'43: After rain the ground state does not get cleared and always stays on muddy despite sunny weather.
Gc43: Not sure if that is a bug but at some point there is a Panther IVH (???) available in the shop with a hard attack of 4
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Resolute wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am Gc43: Not sure if that is a bug but at some point there is a Panther IVH (???) available in the shop with a hard attack of 4
The Panther IVH is a command vehicle (https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... VH#p934445)
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Hey, wanted to stop lurking and say how much I've enjoyed this mod, and GC 43 has felt especially intense

One issue, though: on Kiev '43, if it is raining on turn 2, the gift fw190 will crash at the beginning of the player's turn, and I spent about an hour trying to roll a scenario where it wasnt raining, without success
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:22 pm Hey, wanted to stop lurking and say how much I've enjoyed this mod, and GC 43 has felt especially intense

One issue, though: on Kiev '43, if it is raining on turn 2, the gift fw190 will crash at the beginning of the player's turn, and I spent about an hour trying to roll a scenario where it wasnt raining, without success
Not ideal but just type setany weather Dry in the chat window
Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Resolute wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Not ideal but just type setany weather Dry in the chat window

Didnt work. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that the Soviets move first in that scenario

Edit: got it to work by entering it in the chat as the soviets were taking their turn
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Resolute wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am Really great work, GC 43 was really fun to play with some great maps! I also would have never thought I could hate Russian AT guns so much. I also ended up with a lot less prestige which is a nice change.

Bugs I came across:
GC42 - Storming Stalingrad: Units awards for kills needed is still messed up unless you add the RulesAxisOperations.json file to the map via the editor
GC43 -Kiev'43: The additonal fighter at the start will put your core slots to 155/163 which means you're not able to deploy any remaining troops, so I had to use a cheat code so set the core slots to 163
GC43 - Kiev'43: After rain the ground state does not get cleared and always stays on muddy despite sunny weather.
Gc43: Not sure if that is a bug but at some point there is a Panther IVH (???) available in the shop with a hard attack of 4
Thank you for your update. These really help.
1. GC42 issue should be fixed in the files in the download for that DLC. I checked and the rules file is there for Storming Stalingrad.
2. GC43 Kiev43: You should be able to deploy all 155 core slots on the deployment screen before the plane arrives.
3. GC43 Kiev43: There are no weather LUA scripts on this scenario. Weather is totally controlled by the game engine so if this seems wrong then it is a game bug. Historically this was a slog as the mud and wet ground would not evaporate even if sunny.
4. Panther IVH is not a but. It is part of the unit files from the game engine.

Also will probably have to add a weather LUA script for the turn that the FW190 arrives on to make sure it is clear. Although these scripts do not work as intended as there are bugs in the LUA weather scripts that have not been fixed.
Nexus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Nexus »

tpoo wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:10 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:37 am
Nexus wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:10 am Hi,

I get a crash on the first mission near the end (save & crash report attached). Can you check if this is related to the mod or a general problem with the game?

Thanks for this great mod btw.

Edit: Somehow I cannot attach files, so here it is: https://mega.nz/file/DsgTxAaB#HMcaHX_fz ... 5xwMcKAzac
To reproduce just end the turn
The game crash at this time :

Capture d’écran (639).jpg

PS: so many Heroes and Prestige :shock:
Thanks for your post. It does crash as indicated in your saved game but I have not experienced anything like this in testing. I just replayed the 1st scenario of the campaign and this crash did not occur. So I do not know if it is related to the game engine or not. Nothing happens on that turn in scripting. The game does still have random game crashes from what i have seen. I guess you could start over and see if it happens again or console cheat to end the scenario before the crash since you have all the objectives at that point. Interesting to see if others will experience this or not. I thought the patch might be an issue with mods but I ran the whole campaign again after the patch to make sure there were no anomalies. I guess nothing is fool proof even when you have proof.
Thanks for looking into it. I used the cheat approach and next mission worked without a problem.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

tpoo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:23 pm
Resolute wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am Really great work, GC 43 was really fun to play with some great maps! I also would have never thought I could hate Russian AT guns so much. I also ended up with a lot less prestige which is a nice change.

Bugs I came across:
Thank you for your update. These really help.
1. GC42 issue should be fixed in the files in the download for that DLC. I checked and the rules file is there for Storming Stalingrad.
2. GC43 Kiev43: You should be able to deploy all 155 core slots on the deployment screen before the plane arrives.
3. GC43 Kiev43: There are no weather LUA scripts on this scenario. Weather is totally controlled by the game engine so if this seems wrong then it is a game bug. Historically this was a slog as the mud and wet ground would not evaporate even if sunny.
4. Panther IVH is not a but. It is part of the unit files from the game engine.

Also will probably have to add a weather LUA script for the turn that the FW190 arrives on to make sure it is clear. Although these scripts do not work as intended as there are bugs in the LUA weather scripts that have not been fixed.
1. Odd, about the json file for Stalingrad, especially since I did not run into this problem in the Vitebesk scenario which also had this problem in the past.
2. I have to apologise, I restarted the scenario and apparently I missed the deploy section in the very left bottum corner *cough*
3. I was not sure about the weather but the muddy condition is really annoying on this map since it really take ages to get units up to the front since it's such a big map. So even it might be historically correc, it does not make for a fun game experience. Well, I cheated my way out of it ;)

But again, was super fun to play, especially Prokhorovka was really awesome and brought back so many memories.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I started the first GC43 mission directly. You don’t get any heroes at the beginning if you start the GC43 directly ?
There are more core units deployed at the beginning than the limit (171/143) but this does not prevent to continue and to be able to play with more core units than the allowed limit :o

GC43(1).jpg
GC43(1).jpg (795.79 KiB) Viewed 2047 times

GC43(2).jpg
GC43(2).jpg (939.56 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
gadflyjs
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by gadflyjs »

ERROR...

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000008

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameWorld::CanStandOn() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:3161]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameWorld::Translate() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:1071]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:341]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!Controller::SendCommand() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Controller.cpp:20]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AIController::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\AIController.cpp:41]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:311]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\4\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Is this any help to solve the problem?
I was in Kharkov43, round 10, after my moves, AI moved and then crashed. Should I restart the mission? I do want to crash again in the middle of the mission, whole 10 rounds down the drain...
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

gadflyjs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm ERROR...

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000008

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameWorld::CanStandOn() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:3161]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameWorld::Translate() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameWorld.cpp:1071]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:341]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!Controller::SendCommand() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Controller.cpp:20]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AIController::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\AIController.cpp:41]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::Tick() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:311]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\4\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Is this any help to solve the problem?
I was in Kharkov43, round 10, after my moves, AI moved and then crashed. Should I restart the mission? I do want to crash again in the middle of the mission, whole 10 rounds down the drain...
Thanks for the update. There is no way for me to tell from the crash report what happened as only the programmers would be able to do that. I encounter crashes throughout the PC2 world and usually is resolved by either restarting the game or starting the mission over, unfortunately and sometimes I have to much stuff running on my system that probably takes up memory and fixed when I reboot. I have not encountered any crashes myself playing this campaign. Another member reported a fatal crash on a different turn on this scenario but there is nothing in the scenario itself that would cause it. If you can upload a saved game from a previous file or DM me with a saved game file I will take a look at it.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”