Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by jeffoot77 »

hello

is the " bug " that west is north still here in the mod ?
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

jeffoot77 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:42 pm hello

is the " bug " that west is north still here in the mod ?
If you are referring to GC1939 and GC1940 they were created importing the Panzer Corps 1 scenario to Panzer Corps 2 in the editor. The PC2 editor does not import maps in the proper orientation. This caused a lot of issues and errors that had to be corrected as well. This is still an issue with the PC2 editor. For GC1941 and GC1942 we did not use the import feature and redrew the maps from scratch, sometimes even updating them to correct the correct geography. These 2 DLC's have the correct orientation. After we complete the DLC's we may go back and redraw those maps as well.
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

thxs tpoo for the explanations . I can't play without the right orientation. I did'nt know it was corrected in GC 41 and 42 ! great news! and awesome work!
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

Hi, I've finished your customization of GC1939 and am set up to start on the Albert Canal scenario in GC1940, and right off the bat I want to say a big thank you and how much look forward to continuing this through to the bitter end. I found that my experience with playing AO up to AO1942 has been a real help to understand the new mechanics and features of PzC2 that you've incorporated. Once I catch up with your GC I would like to play this and AO in parallel. The most challenging scenarios for me so far were the 3rd part of the Prologue and Narvik. The Prologue was a great refresher, especially the last part, whereas I found Narvik significantly more difficult than the original, but in a good way. It was quite a shock to encounter some of the surprises. All-in-all any changes you've made to the originals have been great improvements and have revitalised these oldies but goodies. All the scenarios so far were great to battle through and brought back all the fun I had playing the originals years back. After AO1939 I wanted more battles in Poland, and this more than made up for that, but both packages really complement each other with a fine collection of battles in a good way.

I was wondering if the new paratroop changes since the last PzC2 patch would show up when I played Eben Emael CG1940 scenario. Yes, they did, but the fact that you could set up some advance forces already on the ground near the fort made that extra turn with paras up-in-the-air fairly manageable. I also used paras in the CG1939 Lillehammer scenario and it worked quite well since there wasn't strong opposition from the air at that point. When I get to Crete in GC1941 I shall try the air assault.

As far as the map orientation, I understand and appreciate why you did it this way and I don't have any problems with it. The initial setup is sometimes a challenge, but once the battle gets rolling along the map still feels the same as the original and after a few turns I don't notice any difference apart from the improvements and I don't even notice the orientation. Thanks again for the time and effort you've already put into this. It's a fantastic addition to PzC2 IMHO. :D

Regards
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Waffenamt wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:33 pm Hi, I've finished your customization of GC1939 and am set up to start on the Albert Canal scenario in GC1940, and right off the bat I want to say a big thank you and how much look forward to continuing this through to the bitter end. I found that my experience with playing AO up to AO1942 has been a real help to understand the new mechanics and features of PzC2 that you've incorporated. Once I catch up with your GC I would like to play this and AO in parallel. The most challenging scenarios for me so far were the 3rd part of the Prologue and Narvik. The Prologue was a great refresher, especially the last part, whereas I found Narvik significantly more difficult than the original, but in a good way. It was quite a shock to encounter some of the surprises. All-in-all any changes you've made to the originals have been great improvements and have revitalised these oldies but goodies. All the scenarios so far were great to battle through and brought back all the fun I had playing the originals years back. After AO1939 I wanted more battles in Poland, and this more than made up for that, but both packages really complement each other with a fine collection of battles in a good way.

I was wondering if the new paratroop changes since the last PzC2 patch would show up when I played Eben Emael CG1940 scenario. Yes, they did, but the fact that you could set up some advance forces already on the ground near the fort made that extra turn with paras up-in-the-air fairly manageable. I also used paras in the CG1939 Lillehammer scenario and it worked quite well since there wasn't strong opposition from the air at that point. When I get to Crete in GC1941 I shall try the air assault.

As far as the map orientation, I understand and appreciate why you did it this way and I don't have any problems with it. The initial setup is sometimes a challenge, but once the battle gets rolling along the map still feels the same as the original and after a few turns I don't notice any difference apart from the improvements and I don't even notice the orientation. Thanks again for the time and effort you've already put into this. It's a fantastic addition to PzC2 IMHO. :D

Regards
Thank you for the kind words, i think most of the surprises in GC39 is because i didn't know how to balance it properly haha, but it resulted in a good thing, i mean the enemies were defeated by tactics and good use of the new weapons, not by overwhelming numbers superiority.

The changes to paratroopers make them useless on some scenarios, (if you played operation mercury before and play it again now you will understand this) so we are glad that those changes didn't make the scenarios with them a complete mess.

Yeah Tpoo decided to do the redraw of the maps from 1941 and beyond, it was mentioned before that the game will have a legacy camera option to play maps exported from pzc1 with the right orientation, but that feature hasn't arrived yet nor we have any info if it will arrive soon so it's better to redraw them. And that will give us experience for a new campaign series that is coming soon.
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

I will definitively try your mod, when the devs have published the new patch for correcting the paratrooper problems
w_erewolf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by w_erewolf »

tpoo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 pm I found another issue though and will have to add a new link. GC942 is not allowing to input core from GC1941. Will fix shortly and upload new link.

Ok Fixed file that accidently got overwrote to prevent core form GC1941 to GC1942. Version 2.01 is now available to download from the first thread.
Sorry for the error.
This is an excellent mod.
Thank you for spending your private time, in making of PC2 GC.
I am looking forward for the US and Iceland maps of 45.

I recently finished GC41, and there was no option transferring my core army to 42.
Was this bug fixed in 2.01 and I messed up when installing the mod somehow?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

w_erewolf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:52 pm
tpoo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 pm I found another issue though and will have to add a new link. GC942 is not allowing to input core from GC1941. Will fix shortly and upload new link.

Ok Fixed file that accidently got overwrote to prevent core form GC1941 to GC1942. Version 2.01 is now available to download from the first thread.
Sorry for the error.
This is an excellent mod.
Thank you for spending your private time, in making of PC2 GC.
I am looking forward for the US and Iceland maps of 45.

I recently finished GC41, and there was no option transferring my core army to 42.
Was this bug fixed in 2.01 and I messed up when installing the mod somehow?
Yes, this was fixed in 2.01. In GC1942 you can check the campaign.json file to make sure it shows the line "core_sets": ["end_of_GC1941"],

Also, to give an update. Ezequiel is now working on the scripts for GC1943, so we are more than 1/2 way done with that DLC.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Are there any news ?
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

Really excellent mod and thanks for all the time and effort that is put into it!

I ran into an issue today where I could not get past the Dunkirk scenario (stuck at loading screen). I then manually downloaded to mod and overwrote my Steam installation and it was fine after that. Just mentioning it, in case anyone else has the same problem. I am also pretty sure that the Steam installation did not come with the Units.csv file.
grabbysnatch

Post by grabbysnatch »

hi

not sure if im have done something wrong, but where do you save the campaign dpwnload and where does it show in game. i have clicked on the link to download the campaigns, but cant see where to save it to play

thanks
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

grabbysnatch wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:35 pm not sure if im have done something wrong, but where do you save the campaign dpwnload and where does it show in game. i have clicked on the link to download the campaigns, but cant see where to save it to play
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 97&t=97683
Change 'Scenarios' to 'Campaigns'.

It shows up below the AO DLCs in the New Campaigns Window.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

I noticed in the GC42 campaign that on two occasions the number of kills needed for the next level awards got reduced - is that by design? (The first instance is right after the campaign starts, the other one was before Stalingrad I think.)

For example if I start GC42, on the first map, the number of kills needed for "Anti-Infantry-Veteran Lvl3" drops down to 600 from 1100 in GC41.
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hi,
@Resolute,exactly, I also had the same phenomenon.
There are also 2 ways in Staliengrad.
A winner and a loser path?
As in the A0 42.

greetings
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

raider45 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:02 pm Hi,
@Resolute,exactly, I also had the same phenomenon.
There are also 2 ways in Staliengrad.
A winner and a loser path?
As in the A0 42.

greetings
The Custom rules file was missing from a couple of scenarios in GC1942. It has since been fixed. You can manually type in RulesAxisOperations.json under scenario parameters in the editor if it is missing.
On Stalingrad in the original PC there were two escape options. One path you left immediately and the other path you stayed one extra scenario and then left. That is still the same here in the remake. The loser path would be if you fail in any of the missions.
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

Hi,
I'm making my way through GC 40 and must say again what a great job you've done with this. I have a couple of observations/comments:
1) After finishing Sedan I noticed there was no branching and it took me through the French part and then straight to Maubeuge on the the British branch. This isn't a bad thing if the lack of branching was intentional, as I would have wanted to play both branches anyways so this is just an observation since I'm fine with this.
2) I'm now setting up Arras and notice that no AUX units are provided like with the original GC, which gave you 2 88s, 2 37mm ATs, 1 Recon and 1 SE Inf as close as I can recall. If you have balanced the scenario in other ways I will just play as is, otherwise I will just purchase the missing Aux units with my prestige, since I have more than enough at this point. The deployment count is also a bit tight, but as I recall the original scenario also wasn't very generous but just a tad more forgiving using points instead of slots. So, not knowing what's ahead, if I deploy without the Aux units and stick with just the given initial slots, will I be setting myself up for a lot of grief or should I just dip into my prestige points and save myself from that pain? Thanks :D
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

tpoo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 pm
The Custom rules file was missing from a couple of scenarios in GC1942. It has since been fixed. You can manually type in RulesAxisOperations.json under scenario parameters in the editor if it is missing.
Do I have to do that with every single map and do I need that json file in the first place since it does not come with the download. I did put RulesAxisOperations.json in under "Custom Files" (Scenario Params) for the first map and saved it but starting a GC42 campaign crashes the game. Am I missing something?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Resolute wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 pm
Do I have to do that with every single map and do I need that json file in the first place since it does not come with the download. I did put RulesAxisOperations.json in under "Custom Files" (Scenario Params) for the first map and saved it but starting a GC42 campaign crashes the game. Am I missing something?
It is a file already in your main Panzer Corps 2 folders, you are just typing in the reference to the file. If you open the editor and it the edit tab choose scenario parameters, then in the Global parameters tab you scroll down and enter the name of the file in the box for "Custom rules file:" which is in the Advanced Options section. Depending what version of the mod you have there may be 1 or 2 more maps to add it to in 1942.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

tpoo wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 pm
Resolute wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 pm
It is a file already in your main Panzer Corps 2 folders, you are just typing in the reference to the file. If you open the editor and it the edit tab choose scenario parameters, then in the Global parameters tab you scroll down and enter the name of the file in the box for "Custom rules file:" which is in the Advanced Options section. Depending what version of the mod you have there may be 1 or 2 more maps to add it to in 1942.
Thanks, got it and it's working now :)
gadflyjs
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by gadflyjs »

Resolute wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:55 pm I noticed in the GC42 campaign that on two occasions the number of kills needed for the next level awards got reduced - is that by design? (The first instance is right after the campaign starts, the other one was before Stalingrad I think.)

For example if I start GC42, on the first map, the number of kills needed for "Anti-Infantry-Veteran Lvl3" drops down to 600 from 1100 in GC41.
Same here. I got overrun hero, and the requirement keeps changing within a campaign, and/or between two campaigns. Not sure if this really changed all the time, maybe just at the start of a new campaign, didn't note them down, but some of the units should get the award sooner.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”