Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

o_t_d_x
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by o_t_d_x »

Yeah the 30 overstrenght scout car, it killed my pz3 prototype with kerscher. Imagine an option where heroes have a chance to die...but even so it hurts much.

In my 2nd try i lured the top polish units out with aux baits and my stukas solved the problem fast. Maybe the lesson is: never put your best units in the first line.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Is there a way to rebase a plane per console command?

I just started the Sedan-scenario and got the message that I should open up a spot at the airfield, so I did. Next round a fighter appears some spots away from the airfield with no movement, but as it turns out, the following turn it is raining, so it automatically crashes.

If there isn't another way to move it, I guess I would have to go back to the end of the last scenario and then start Sedan again, in the hope that this time it won't rain in that turn.
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

o_t_d_x wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:10 pm Yeah the 30 overstrenght scout car, it killed my pz3 prototype with kerscher. Imagine an option where heroes have a chance to die...but even so it hurts much.

In my 2nd try i lured the top polish units out with aux baits and my stukas solved the problem fast. Maybe the lesson is: never put your best units in the first line.
we thought about it, but its beyond our actual posibilities, also it should be a thing on extreme difficulties, new players maybe gonna be super scared of that haha
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

I think the devs should implent it under options, with a patch. Similar to the heroes appearing chance, just with dying chance. Would be very realistic, even when the unit dies, the hero has a chance to survive. I think i would use 38% chance of surviving. Another advantage: i could increase the hero appearance chance.
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

possible Bug in GC41 since Minsk:
I lost one of my Recon Hero, the unit itself is fully intact
EDIT: sorry, I found the issue: I promoted him from recon to my StuG III
EDIT: But what is with Rudel?
I can't assign Rudel in the scenario (Thats okay or should it be a new unit like Baer?) and can't find him in following scenario Smolensk to assign him.
EDIT: also solved. Doing like described in Steam Forum: replay scenario and set him additionally to a plane in the reserve roster.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Just finished the 1941 campaign, can't wait for 1942... :D

Moscow was a funny mission. It seemed relatively easy, and I was constantly waiting for bigger units to appear, but that didn't happen, outside of some units at the side of the map. And then, when I had taken basically everything, suddenly wave after wave after wave spawned. Thankfully I only needed to clear some remnants in the south eastern corner, so most of my units could set up a solid defensive line, otherwise that couldn't have been dangerous.

Some issues I noticed in the campaigns:
- the 1940 one could use some checks for the end of the mission. There were times where I had to play another six rounds even though there was not a single enemy unit left.
- at times the number of starting positions was a bit low. This mostly hit planes, which were limited to one airfield, but one or two times I ran out of spots for ground units as well.
- you can buy the Karl-mortar for taking on Brest-Litowsk, but it only has a range of 3 compared to 5 for the fortress, making it somewhat useless in that instance, though it does help quite well with cleaning up all the infantry that is around
- at the end of the 1941 campaign, the Soviets get lots of Jak 3's, which have a much higher air defense rating than any other plane available at that time, almost double that of the Bf109F. Shouldn't that be the Jak-7?
After all, the Jak-7 arrived in late 1941, the Jak-9 in late 1942, and the Jak-3 only in 1944.

The Africa campaign isn't listed here but already appears as a campaign you can start. Is that one already included or is what you find in there just a work in progess?
I started it, and the first mission works perfectly, but commendation points don't seem to carry over. In the second mission bonus goals don't fire, and when that mission is done, it goes straight to the unit setup for the third one, without any briefing.
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

Yeah, this was really challanging. Thank you for this.
But Moscow was strange, the units outside of Moscow do nothing, inside too.
I declined the Karl mortar in Brest and used my 28cm K5 only. In Moscow it is my Killer arty.
At Demyansk in the end it was a little bit to easy, you have to wait for new soviet units but in turn 22 I was to careless. Have to replay the turn tree times to save 3 of my panzers units including Kerscher.
Same issue like George_Parr reported: Jak-3 with attack value of 15!!!
Now I play also Africa missions, I lost again Wittmann, this time I've noticed this... :)
I've read in the forum the real path is ready to play, only the fictional path is not included.
We will see...
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

There should definitely not be any Yak-3 in any of the 1941 scenarios. That will have to be addressed. They had produced a few Yak-7 by the end of 1941 but none saw operational duty.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

The large number of Pe-8 bombers and KV-2 tanks in missions does not correspond to historical realities. This technique was produced in scanty quantities and was used very limitedly.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

Any Idea when 1942 might be ready? Just asking.
egrofik
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by egrofik »

Africa, last scenario Tunesia Bridghead.
Any suggestion how to manage this?
The first versions of Battle of Ebro is easy going in comparison of this.
It make with this configuration of victory hexes no sense to play this.
It's a pity, because it was very nice to play till this point.
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

I've seen Africa Korps is included (not really playable). But Gazala is missing.
I tried to import Gazala Line myself and found it's needed to delete Mosquito Mk.IV on (58,23) first.
As usual you need to add missing countries too, see attachment.

When is planned to add Africa Korps?

Greetings, Peter
Attachments
GazalaLinie.zip
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Predator
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Predator »

Great Mod. :)))) THX

But a question pls.
How import my units form 1940 in 1941 szenario or Africa ?
After the 1940 szenario im back at the menu.
When I start a new campaign in 1941, I start with new core units. I am not asked to import my core units.

How can I solve the problem ?

In other Campaign i don´t have the Problem.

Sorry 4 bad english. :(
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hi Guys,
there is something new for 1942.
When can we expect it?
What can we look forward to?
Great work, please keep it up.
A couple of big cards would be awesome ;-).

grettings
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

raider45 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:24 am Hi Guys,
there is something new for 1942.
When can we expect it?
What can we look forward to?
Great work, please keep it up.
A couple of big cards would be awesome ;-).

grettings
I am currently working on GC1942. Not sure when it will be finished. It basically will follow the original but with some updated maps and tweaks to incorporate PanzerCorps 2 features. What would you like to see added?
I am not sure what you mean by big cards, if you could elaborate more.
Thanks
o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x »

I think he means bigger maps, with bigger "cards". Fall blau should give room for bigger maps.

Btw: in moscow 41 i thought the non active russian tanks are the fresh far east reinforcements. What a painful suprise, when the real far east army arrived...had a very realistic battle for moscow scenario then. High losses.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

o_t_d_x wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 am I think he means bigger maps, with bigger "cards". Fall blau should give room for bigger maps.

Btw: in moscow 41 i thought the non active russian tanks are the fresh far east reinforcements. What a painful suprise, when the real far east army arrived...had a very realistic battle for moscow scenario then. High losses.
The constant stream of new enemy forces really is quite a pain. Up until they arrive the map is relatively easy to handle, lulling you into a false sense of security. If you already control all of the city once they arrive, you can set up defenses that makes repelling them somewhat easy, especially if almost all of their new airplanes crash right away. If not, you are in trouble though.

Historically, the reinforcements weren't from the far east / Siberia though, they almost exclusively consisted of fresh troops raised in the western regions. Reinforcements from Siberia mostly arrived during summer and early autumn and played no role in the counter-offensive :wink:
Ratten1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ratten1 »

Just started the 1941 campaign and realized that the flags on the map is Russian!

Tne swastika should also be present in the game for sake of historic accuarcy

I thought that I was invading the Soviet Union in 1941 with the red color and hammer and sickle flag , not modern day Russia!

Or are you inferring something?

Do not let the woke movement destroy the past while demanding reparations for the past!
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Ratten1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am Just started the 1941 campaign and realized that the flags on the map is Russian!

I thought that I was invading the Soviet Union in 1941 with the red color and hammer and sickle flag , not modern day Russia!

Do not let the woke movement destroy the past while demanding reparations for the past!
How exactly did you manage the jump from some flags possibly being incorrect (I certainly don't remember that being the case, but I can't check it right now, so I just assume it is true for the sake of the argument) to blaming "the woke movement" (whatever that is even supposed to be) for any of this?

Sounds more like jumping to conclusions and a tendency towards conspiracy theories to me.The idea that anyone would purposefully include wrong flags in a mod because someone forced him to do that is asinine. As is the idea that anyone would bother to tell someone that he must replace Soviet flags with Russian flags in a mod for what is ultimately just a niche game. If someone was oh so "woke" that he tried to force changes onto others, said person wouldn't settle for changing flags in a mod for a WW2 strategy game, instead the person would be against the existence of the game itself, as "playing war" would be unacceptable.

If something is not correct, why not point it out in a proper manner, instead of coming up with weird conspiracy theories about the reason for it?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

George_Parr wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm
Ratten1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am Just started the 1941 campaign and realized that the flags on the map is Russian!

How exactly did you manage the jump from some flags possibly being incorrect (I certainly don't remember that being the case, but I can't check it right now, so I just assume it is true for the sake of the argument) to blaming "the woke movement" (whatever that is even supposed to be) for any of this?

Sounds more like jumping to conclusions and a tendency towards conspiracy theories to me.The idea that anyone would purposefully include wrong flags in a mod because someone forced him to do that is asinine. As is the idea that anyone would bother to tell someone that he must replace Soviet flags with Russian flags in a mod for what is ultimately just a niche game. If someone was oh so "woke" that he tried to force changes onto others, said person wouldn't settle for changing flags in a mod for a WW2 strategy game, instead the person would be against the existence of the game itself, as "playing war" would be unacceptable.

If something is not correct, why not point it out in a proper manner, instead of coming up with weird conspiracy theories about the reason for it?
If he is starting 1941 and playing the first scenario, he is probably seeing the Yugoslavian flag which is similar to the modern day Russian flag but with the colors in a different pattern. All of the scenarios involving the Soviet Union have the Soviet flag. I do not even think you can choose the modern day Russian flag in the editor.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”