''The War Continues'': A Fan Made DLC For Panzer Corps 2

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Panzer Mods
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

''The War Continues'': A Fan Made DLC For Panzer Corps 2

Post by Panzer Mods »

------ :idea: Summary :idea: -----

Hello everyone! So ive been working on my custom mod for Panzer Corps 2, and its gotten pretty big, so i would like to present to you: ''The War Continues'': A Fan Made DLC For Panzer Corps 2. Now this project is a custom dlc for the game and will consist of many campaings complete with strategic decisions, characters, path choices, bonus objectives,custom asstes, high detailed maps, and of course massive battles. The mod is still in early testing and im the only one working on it so i cannot promise a release date, but here are some screenshots of the currect version, i will constinue to update this unitl the mod is complete. The full version will cover all german battles major and small from the early 1936s to the late 1945 and even an optinal invasion of the Americas.

Also all scearios up to this point have been playtested by me on the hardest difficulty so they are possiable.

CURRENT VERSION: v0.19

-----Progress News-----

War in the north campaing 50% complete as of now.

---- :?: How to Download :?: ----

(Step 1)

Download the core save file, unzip it and place in Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Cores. You need to do this because the Spanish campaing currently DOES NOT save your core and transfer it to the next campaing so this is a pre-made core with witch you begin the ''The Prelude'' campaing from there the core saving system should be fine.

(Step 2)

Unzip the folder and place it in: Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Mods (if you dont have a ''mods'' folder make one and place the folder there. Then Enable the mod from the game menu of Panzer Corps to, goto mods/mod manager and enable it from there, if you face any issues let me know here!

Also this mod requesrs ALL Axis Operations DLC'S otherwise it may not function right. (But you can try to run it with just the updated version of Panzer Corps 2 it might work having tested it)

------ :?: What Makes this diffrent from most ww2 mods for germany? :?: -----

This fanmade dlc will play out the campaing in a diffrent way for example the polish campaing is not split in 15 smaller scenarios but rather one massive and vast scenario that includes scripts, objectives and other cool stuff.

---- :arrow: Download Links :arrow: -----

--- ! First Release of version 0.15 ! ---

-ZIP CORE SAVE Download (Mediafire) https://www.mediafire.com/file/s8o2ztpw ... 1.zip/file

-RAR Download (Mediafire) https://www.mediafire.com/file/kx4v7ebe ... s.rar/file

-ZIP Download (Mediafire) https://www.mediafire.com/file/dlh87aqx ... s.zip/file

------ :!: Notice :!: ----------

There are no premade cores if you want to start the a campaing either play from the first one ''The Prelude'' or use ''runany Victory 0'' to move fast trhough the campaings and earn a core force with witch you can start your desired campaing.

----Screenshots-----

-------Current Campaing Tree-------

Also the mod includes secret stashes of prestige try to find them.... He he he.

------ :?: Preview Images :idea: -------

In this part of the forum i will post progress images and sneak peaks for the new updates!

Winter War Scenario (Very early Version)

Last edited by Panzer Mods on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:52 am, edited 14 times in total.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: ''The War Continues'': A Fan Made DLC For Panzer Corps 2

Post by jeannot le lapin »

Panzer Mods wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:40 pm Also this mod requesrs ALL Axis Operations DLC'S otherwise it may not function right.
WHY :?:
An updated game should be sufficient (?)

Ps: we can’t see the screenshot :shock:
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:10 pm
Panzer Mods wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:40 pm Also this mod requesrs ALL Axis Operations DLC'S otherwise it may not function right.
WHY :?:
An updated game should be sufficient (?)

Ps: we can’t see the screenshot :shock:

I Think everything should be okay now.
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Im gonna try this right now! :).
PS how did you create the artwork for the campaign images in the menu?
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 am Im gonna try this right now! :).
I made it with paint.net :D
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

Ezequiel1996 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 am Im gonna try this right now! :).
Also dont forget to tell me if you enjoyed it and make sure to report all bugs you find!
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

I had to rename the uplugin file to TWC.uplugin as I already had PC1 GC installed, in this case your mod did not show up.
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

MagicAndre1981 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm I had to rename the uplugin file to TWC.uplugin as I already had PC1 GC installed, in this case your mod did not show up.
Yep this is my first mod, i used the grand campaing mod to learn from it as a template you can say.
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Panzer Mods wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:24 pm
MagicAndre1981 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm I had to rename the uplugin file to TWC.uplugin as I already had PC1 GC installed, in this case your mod did not show up.
Yep this is my first mod, i used the grand campaing mod to learn from it as a template you can say.
We are glad we are helpful :), anything you would like to know about doing the mod stuff or scenarios don't mind to ask :)

BTW: if you plan to add new unit models, it currently can't be done :(.

also i have tried the mod, but the maps are to big and my pc can't handle them haha, but it's not your fault. There was a bug with my game, that should be fixed in the next update, i hope it releases soon :S.
Fosforos12
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Fosforos12 »

Looks good but just small nitpicking. Finland is a republic and not a kingdom. ;)
- JNokikana
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

Hi looks interesting, but have you fixed the problem in the Spanish Campaing not saving and transfer the core force to the next campaign?
I will wait to try your mod until its been solved.
Otherwize nice work :D
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

SirAllan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 am Hi looks interesting, but have you fixed the problem in the Spanish Campaing not saving and transfer the core force to the next campaign?
I will wait to try your mod until its been solved.
Otherwize nice work :D
Hello there! Feel free to play the campaing from ''The Prelude'' as the Spanish one is its own thing the problem is unfixable at the moment because that secanrio is multiplayer hotseat for example you (the player) will be able to play with the Condor Legion, Spain, and corpo truppe voluntare, the reason i split those nation and did not make thim into on eplayer faction is because they will be to over powered and the gameplay will be boring, the premade core i have in the download links is for the prelude campaing and it contains the units from the condlor leagion from the spanish campaing so once you complete the spainishone move on and import your premade core force and continue like normal :) . And enjoy!
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

One more question, I have followed your 2 steps in the beginning of this thread to play your mode. But somehow I cant import your saved core force file named: "end_of_TWC_Germany_Prelude1938_1".
Shouldnt it have a name such as: "end_of_TWC_Spanish_Civil_War_1" ?
How do I get your saved core force from SCW to start in the 1938 prelude ?
What is your core end force called in you TWC SCW?
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

SirAllan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:24 pm One more question, I have followed your 2 steps in the beginning of this thread to play your mode. But somehow I cant import your saved core force file named: "end_of_TWC_Germany_Prelude1938_1".
Shouldnt it have a name such as: "end_of_TWC_Spanish_Civil_War_1" ?
How do I get your saved core force from SCW to start in the 1938 prelude ?
What is your core end force called in you TWC SCW?
1.Hello there! It appears i accidently uploaded the wrong core save file, try to install the new one ( i replaced the old link with the new link to the correct file) im sorry for your troubles. If any other issues arise do let me know! :D

2. To start the core save, move itno the ''cores'' folder that should be in your documents/my games/panzer corps 2/ cores/ then when you open up panzer corps 2 and start the 1938 campaing the import core menu should appear, select the core and press import.

3. I didnt qite understnd your last questions, could explain what you mean by ''what is your core force called?''
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

What I meant was the name of the end file in your SCW campaign (core force).
You have allready answered my question with the correct file: "end_of_TWC_Germany_Spain1936_1.zip" :wink:
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

I have some further questions lol
First of all thx for the correct file - it works, but I miss something in it, which I hope you can help/solve.
1) Most of the units have no experiance at all when I import your Core force.
2) Why make Pz Ace Michael Wittmann a Reckon only Hero?
3) In the productionline I missing Fallschirmjäger, Grenadier, Sd.Kfz 221 & 222, antitank Pz 1 Breda, Antiair 3.7cm Flak 18 & 8.8cm Flak 18, Bf 109B and Ju 87A.
4) How did you make the file "end_of_TWC_Germany_Spain1936"? Can you edit that file or do you have a file with a turn or some turns before "Germany - 1936 Spanish Civil War" ends and make a save core force which I can use so I can update some
units and take advantage of their experiance?
5) Some how I can not start Campaign from "Germany - 1936 War in the North" - perhaps you didnt finish it yet?

Otherwize greate job and keep up the good work - Im looking forward to continue your "The War Continues" Campaign :D
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

SirAllan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:29 am I have some further questions lol
First of all thx for the correct file - it works, but I miss something in it, which I hope you can help/solve.
1) Most of the units have no experiance at all when I import your Core force.
2) Why make Pz Ace Michael Wittmann a Reckon only Hero?
3) In the productionline I missing Fallschirmjäger, Grenadier, Sd.Kfz 221 & 222, antitank Pz 1 Breda, Antiair 3.7cm Flak 18 & 8.8cm Flak 18, Bf 109B and Ju 87A.
4) How did you make the file "end_of_TWC_Germany_Spain1936"? Can you edit that file or do you have a file with a turn or some turns before "Germany - 1936 Spanish Civil War" ends and make a save core force which I can use so I can update some
units and take advantage of their experiance?
5) Some how I can not start Campaign from "Germany - 1936 War in the North" - perhaps you didnt finish it yet?

Otherwize greate job and keep up the good work - Im looking forward to continue your "The War Continues" Campaign :D
Damn thas a lot of questions *craks nuckles*

Okay here we go....

1. The units do not have experinence because otherwise they will be to overpowered

2. He is a recon only because in the fiture you will get other generals for artillery, anti-tank. armoured and infantry.

3. Yes unfortunatly if i have these units avliable for purchase that mod crashes for some reason, so for now only these are avaliable.

4. No unfortunatly you cant edit the file, you are ment to play the spanish campaing and then start with the pre-made core into 1936

5. Yes that campaing is not finished yet. It will be avalible in version 0.20. (The next update)
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

thx for the quick reply but you (if I remember correct) you said that the spanish campaign doesnt transfer the core force to the next one - and Im playing your spanish campign with greate enjoyment and cross my fingers it will greate a save game core force - but how did you get your save game core force after the spanish campaign - cause somehow you have created just that?
2) Sorry to say regarding Michael Wittmann your answer is lame and doesnt pay respect to an ace of panzers as he cetaintly was.
Panzer Mods

Post by Panzer Mods »

SirAllan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:59 pm thx for the quick reply but you (if I remember correct) you said that the spanish campaign doesnt transfer the core force to the next one - and Im playing your spanish campign with greate enjoyment and cross my fingers it will greate a save game core force - but how did you get your save game core force after the spanish campaign - cause somehow you have created just that?
2) Sorry to say regarding Michael Wittmann your answer is lame and doesnt pay respect to an ace of panzers as he cetaintly was.
Oh yea i just looked him, i'll make him a panzer general in the next update. Also the core file was made from me it wasnt saved from the spanish campaing it just contains the main units form it. :?:
SirAllan

Post by SirAllan »

Thx for your quick reply again :D
Nice that you make Michael Wittman a Pz-hero - looking forward to your update.
I have some more questions and a wish of help from you though - can you explain to me how you created (step by step would be nice) your Core file (I would very much want to learn that) so I can make some experiments.
What are the "Prizes" for the main objective and the Bonus objectives in your TWC Spanish Civil War? Cause sofar I cant see any when I "solve" the bonus objectives.
Btw how did you create Michael Wittmann perhaps we can find some pictures of him and use one of them instead.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”