New Custom Hero

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

SandroB
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: New Custom Hero

Post by SandroB »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:18 pm
SandroB wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:14 pm
SirAllan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:44 am tpoo and Sandro thx for your help - I will certainly do that :D
Yes - but now after v1.02.01 Update today this user campaigns no more run with the correct heros - they created a new system for the Lua heros.
Why they destroy this nice user made work ?
What has been "destroyed" ?
1. The campaigns runs only with error messages.
2. All Heros arent inlucded in the scenarios, they are no longer assigned to the units. (Over 70 3D created Heros)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

SandroB wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:31 pm There is also a user made campaign with many new heros. Perhaps you can download it or/and take a look at posted players videos to see the details.

download of this stuff I found here:

Hopefully I could help you :) ....
You should stop (auto)promoting this guy, did you read his insulting Facebook posts ?
SandroB

Post by SandroB »

terminator wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:23 am
SandroB wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:31 pm There is also a user made campaign with many new heros. Perhaps you can download it or/and take a look at posted players videos to see the details.

download of this stuff I found here:

Hopefully I could help you :) ....
You should stop (auto)promoting this guy, did you read his insulting Facebook posts ?
Yes I read it ! But hes no more activ there for the last 5 weeks yet - looks like its a death page now.
Can you give me an alternative to play an Africa Corps campaign ? I like to play that yet !
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

tpoo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 am You create the hero and the specs in a LUA file and a trigger in the PanzerCorp editor. If you want a custom portrait for the hero and there is none in the PanzerCorps 2 folder for that person you can create the custom portrait with Unreal Editor (an app downloadable for free) using an existing jpg, png type file.
Hey there, could you elaborate on the unreal editor bit and how to use it for the portrait conversion? Don't need any help with the scripting, but I've never touched unreal engine/editor before.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Should we download the Unreal Engine to get just the Unreal Editor ?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Raganr129 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:28 am
tpoo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:06 am You create the hero and the specs in a LUA file and a trigger in the PanzerCorp editor. If you want a custom portrait for the hero and there is none in the PanzerCorps 2 folder for that person you can create the custom portrait with Unreal Editor (an app downloadable for free) using an existing jpg, png type file.
Hey there, could you elaborate on the unreal editor bit and how to use it for the portrait conversion? Don't need any help with the scripting, but I've never touched unreal engine/editor before.
You can download Unreal Engine from their website, it includes the editor. To simply make portraits you 1. start a new project. Once the project is open you import your photo into the editor. Also a folder called Unreal Projects is now in your Documents folder on your system and each individual project will be a sub folder of that. Now you save the project you are creating and after that you "Cook file for Windows" and that should create the usable " Uasset and Uexp" files that would go in your heroes folder for Panzer Corps 2.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

tpoo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:17 pm You can download Unreal Engine from their website, it includes the editor. To simply make portraits you 1. start a new project. Once the project is open you import your photo into the editor. Also a folder called Unreal Projects is now in your Documents folder on your system and each individual project will be a sub folder of that. Now you save the project you are creating and after that you "Cook file for Windows" and that should create the usable " Uasset and Uexp" files that would go in your heroes folder for Panzer Corps 2.
Which version to choose :?:

Download Unreal Engine.png
Download Unreal Engine.png (770.18 KiB) Viewed 801 times
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:48 pm
tpoo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:17 pm You can download Unreal Engine from their website, it includes the editor. To simply make portraits you 1. start a new project. Once the project is open you import your photo into the editor. Also a folder called Unreal Projects is now in your Documents folder on your system and each individual project will be a sub folder of that. Now you save the project you are creating and after that you "Cook file for Windows" and that should create the usable " Uasset and Uexp" files that would go in your heroes folder for Panzer Corps 2.
Which version to choose :?:

Download Unreal Engine.png
The free Creators License version.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”