Modding Guide for PC2

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Modding Guide for PC2

Post by asuser »

Dear developers,

it is now almost 1 year since Mr. Rudankort published his modding guide (11.12.20) here (see: Stickies).
Many players and even more modders and fans of the PC2 game wanted a further addition and actually also a real modding guide that includes many topics about the game. There are enough topics for this, as shown by the numerous questions, game hints and tips about the DLC’s that have been released so far and, unfortunately, also bug reports. Nevertheless, the interest in the game and further clarification of questions is unbroken, so the following topics could be presented in a real modding guide, in the hope that the game will also remain interesting for modders and modding activities and that is supported by the developer. It is clear to everyone that certain tools such as the UE Editor or other programs are necessary for this. This is precisely why it would be important to explain exactly how the individual components function correctly with one another:

• Scenario construction (landscape design, placement of core and AI units, briefing design, trigger installation, editor functionalities)
• Campaign linkage (connection of individual scenarios to a complete campaign)
• LUA command kit (what works so far, what doesn't, standards for prestige / commendation points/ hero assignment / spawn actions)
• 3D model implementation (construction of new vehicles or troops, introduction to the game, skin / sound assignment, creation of additional landscape styles)
• Sound creation (use of spoken briefing texts / model adjustments -> current sound design is still very poor)
• Nation administration (unit file -> use of a model for different nations, hero identification for new nations, insertion of new nations, editor add on’s)
• Skins and insignias (individual design for vehicles and troops on different fronts and time levels, identification symbols and flags on vehicles)
• Create your own weapon effects
• ... other things ... not complete

Thanks for the attention!
Best regards to all
asuser
asuser

Re: Modding Guide for PC2

Post by asuser »

Hello again!

Any feedback or news are welcome!
Panzermate
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Panzermate »

Sounds about right.
I'm all in.

"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions but been led by donkeys"
ERWIN ROMMEL to captured British officers after finally conquering Tobruk
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

Would be great!
asuser

Post by asuser »

It seems like there is no activity (or maybe no more interest) on the part of the developers to publish anything about this???
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

The support in general and the activity (or better: non-activity) of the developers here in the forum is unbelievably bad. Nothing compared to the first few years when PC1 was released. I took part in that time and it was an incredible activity, not comparable to today. Unfortunately.
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Well, I guess, the devs aren't that really interested in mod support until all their major DLCs (which are, I suppose, the Pacific, AO '44 and '45 and perhaps something else) are here — because if they give us all the necessary instruments, these DLCs would become not-so-desirable and it would bring them less money. That's a fair logic and I can't blame them for it, that's how the market works. Alas.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Khancotlette wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:49 pm Well, I guess, the devs aren't that really interested in mod support until all their major DLCs (which are, I suppose, the Pacific, AO '44 and '45 and perhaps something else) are here — because if they give us all the necessary instruments, these DLCs would become not-so-desirable and it would bring them less money. That's a fair logic and I can't blame them for it, that's how the market works. Alas.
Might be possible...especially if it continues at this rate, PzC 2 will be complete by 2050... :roll:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”