Custom files question

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Custom files question

Post by Raganr129 »

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together a scenario in a custom campaign that uses a different units.csv (currently, it just changes applicable unit types of target dummies from 'structure' to Infantry and Tank for the purpose of progressing medals in a training range). I've added the new Units.csv name to the custom files section in scenario params, and I have said file in the main folder of my campaign. I've tried a couple of methods for specifying it with a filepath (..\UnitsMod.csv, etc) in that window but I can't get the scenario to recognize the new file. Any tips?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Custom files question

Post by terminator »

If you make changes to the units.csv file, I don’t know if these changes are automatically taken into account in a scenario done with an older units.csv file ?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Raganr129 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:32 am Hi all,

I'm trying to put together a scenario in a custom campaign that uses a different units.csv (currently, it just changes applicable unit types of target dummies from 'structure' to Infantry and Tank for the purpose of progressing medals in a training range). I've added the new Units.csv name to the custom files section in scenario params, and I have said file in the main folder of my campaign. I've tried a couple of methods for specifying it with a filepath (..\UnitsMod.csv, etc) in that window but I can't get the scenario to recognize the new file. Any tips?
Pretty sure it just doesn't work.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

terminator wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:53 pm If you make changes to the units.csv file, I don’t know if these changes are automatically taken into account in a scenario done with an older units.csv file ?
Thought about that, editor still obviously loads with the unmodified file. I can get the changes I want, but only by modding the file that every in-game scenario uses. Trying to avoid that.
nexusno2000 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:17 pm Pretty sure it just doesn't work.
I'm suspecting this is the case, considering there's a separate field for special rules in global parameters in addition to the scenario params custom files section.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

I believe the editor uses the equipment.pzdat file while the game uses the unit.csv file.
The editor has a command [a button actually] to load the equip file, and another to esport equip file to units file.

For more info
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 97&t=97739
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm I believe the editor uses the equipment.pzdat file while the game uses the unit.csv file.
The editor has a command [a button actually] to load the equip file, and another to esport equip file to units file.

For more info
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 97&t=97739
The devs added functionality for custom files a while back. See scenario parameters last tab. Just doesn't work properly.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”