Campaign: The Big Red One (15 Scenarios)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Campaign: The Big Red One (15 Scenarios)

Post by WookieeDavidson »

Hello all, its been a while since i've made any scenarios, but with some frustration and headbanging against the wall, i bring you my first campaign

The campaign is based on the combat chronicle of the Big Red One (First Infantry Division of the United States) their trial by fire is first seen at Kasserine where they engaged in heavy combat against Rommel's Afrika Korps, from there they strike at Gela and the deadly hilltop fighting in Sicily, they then move to England to prepare for the invasion of Normandy striking Omaha Beach with heavy casualties... despite their slow progress, they were tasked with wideing the Caumont gap allowing the British 7th Armored Division to flank through to Villers-Bocage. A month later they would once again be called to be the FIRST into an offensive to breakout of the hedgerows of Normandy during Operation Cobra, bypassing Paris they arrive in Mons, Belgium where they trap 6 German Divisions attempting to escape France. Once again the 1st Division is FIRST to capture the first German city of Aachen, before moving into the dreaded Hürtgen Forest. After months of fighting the 1st Division arrives at Camp Elsenborn where they hope to catch some R&R, but instead the Germans launch Operation Wacht Am Rhein which forces the 1st Division to hunt down German Paratroopers during Operation Stosser, before counter attacking the Germans during the Battle of the Bulge. By February 1945 the 1st Division is once again poised against the Hürtgen Forest but breaks through just in time for the offensive across the Roer river. Reaching the heart of Germany the 1st Division finally reaches the Harz Mountains in Central Germany where they are tasked of clearing Die Hard Fanatics only for them to end the war in Czechslovakia.

In Total the 1st Division has accumulated over 20,000 battle casualties, capturing over 100,000 prisoners, in combat for 825 Days.

Bugs: Some missions that require you to destroy or guard units may not work, resulting in the mission becoming "unwin-able" if you find any of these missions make sure to mention down below

Install

To install the Campaign, Unzip the folder here - *Drive*:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Campaigns

if you dont see a Campaigns Folder in your Panzer Corps 2 then make a folder and place Big Red One inside

Changelog

1.1 - latest patch broke missions, fixed it by making sure the objectives are checked by a script at the end of the final turn to see if its in player's control
1.2 - Fixed Gela, Player could not deploy their core
1.3 - latest patch removed the unique core function, so all "reward" units had to be auxillery only, but would recieve the auxillery units every mission after they were first handed to player
1.4 - Fixed El Guettar, removed 1/3 of Italian troops defending and give player extra Artillery/Anti Tank units
1.5 - Adjusted Mons mission; removing the "destroy trucks" objective
1.6 - Adjusted Hamich mission; made gaps in the escarpment to make it slightly easier to enter the Hurtgen Forest
1.7 - Removed the destroy target objective for Hurtgen Forest, replaced it with a capture zone instead
Attachments
BigRedOne1.7.rar
(259.36 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
Last edited by WookieeDavidson on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Campaign: The Big Red One (15 Scenarios)

Post by Schweinewitz »

Looks great! Thanks!
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

Delighted for this very first custom campaign tyvm!! Hope many will follow to give this superb game the same span of the unforgettable PzC1. LBM
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

2-nd scenario (ElGuitar) impossible to win. Despite the fact that the city of ElGuitar remains in my hands, the game confers a defeat on me (
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

2-nd scenario (ElGuitar) impossible to win. Despite the fact that the city of ElGuitar remains in my hands, the game confers a defeat on me (
Might've broken with the new patch, i'll have a look
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Updated

Latest patch had broke 8/15 of the missions, so that should be fixed
Last edited by WookieeDavidson on Thu May 28, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

WookieeDavidson wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 am Updated
Latest patch had broke 8/15 of the missions, so that should be fixed
Thank you, I will try
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

No one tried to complete the Gela mission? How to confront the German-Italian horde with three infantry, three tanks and three aircraft? Plus four paratroopers against the mass of German tanks and infantry?
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

serezha wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:35 pm No one tried to complete the Gela mission? How to confront the German-Italian horde with three infantry, three tanks and three aircraft? Plus four paratroopers against the mass of German tanks and infantry?
Did you place down units from your Core?

Edit: Oh you actually can't, for some reason you can no longer deploy your core from the sea, well i'll quickly amend that
Last edited by WookieeDavidson on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

WookieeDavidson wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:37 pm
serezha wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:35 pm No one tried to complete the Gela mission? How to confront the German-Italian horde with three infantry, three tanks and three aircraft? Plus four paratroopers against the mass of German tanks and infantry?
Did you place down units from your Core?
Edit: Oh you actually can't, for some reason you can no longer deploy your core from the sea, well i'll quickly amend that
Thank you for efficiency
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Passed the mission "Gela", fulfilled all the conditions. Unfortunately, I was defeated
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (1020.69 KiB) Viewed 10286 times
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

El Guettar is unwinnable. I used the cheat code to win and move on to Gela only to find core units can't be deployed. I would love to see this first campaign mod fixed, and I do congratulate WookieeDavidson for creating it.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

TangSooDo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:19 pm El Guettar is unwinnable. I used the cheat code to win and move on to Gela only to find core units can't be deployed. I would love to see this first campaign mod fixed, and I do congratulate WookieeDavidson for creating it.
You must install version 1.2. But Gela is also unwinnable
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Caumont is also unwinnable
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Should American tanks appear in the Omaha mission? I did not appear
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

serezha wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:39 am Should American tanks appear in the Omaha mission? I did not appear
They should've, i've now made them auxillery units, so you cannot have deployed core units before the deployment turn

I've once again updated the Campaign, and switched all the rewarded core units so that they are deployed automatically on the missions
(For example Omaha Beach is supposed to have 2 M4 Shermans attached to your cores, but having them as a unique core unit has been removed from the last patch (thanks devs)
Last edited by WookieeDavidson on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serezha
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by serezha »

Check Mons. Maybe is also unwinnable
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Interesting campaign :)

You could add the names of the scenarios:

Capture d’écran (1136).jpg
Capture d’écran (1136).jpg (458.52 KiB) Viewed 10003 times
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

terminator wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:51 am Interesting campaign :)

You could add the names of the scenarios:
if you want scenario names then you got it

I never gave it much thought, especially since the scenario names don't show up for me

Actually adding a scenario name doesn't work for some reason, i've given the scenario's names but they dont show up
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

If you open the scenarios with the editor, there are no scenario names. I just have to add the names of the scenarios to see them :

Scenario Name(1).jpg
Scenario Name(1).jpg (813.37 KiB) Viewed 9917 times

Scenario Name(2).jpg
Scenario Name(2).jpg (385.77 KiB) Viewed 9917 times

Scenario Name(3).jpg
Scenario Name(3).jpg (875.14 KiB) Viewed 9917 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”