Welcome!

manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Welcome!

Post by manickennel »

Hi there,

We hope that you're keeping well in these troubled times. All Slitherine employees are now working from home and endeavouring to keep the games coming :D

As the forum name suggests, v.1.5.27 is now available. Here's what's new/changed:

Campaigns
  • The low quality of “rear echelon” armies has been toned down considerably. (i.e. they aren't as low quality as they were before)

Units
  • Anglo-Saxon hirdsmen are now rated as “Some Armour” for protection (and unit cost). The majority of men are still unarmoured, so the models are unchanged.
Fixed Issues from v1.5.26 beta:
  • Kyrenean Greek 321-276 BC list changed to use Ptolemaic pike phalanxes.
  • Fixed textures for Ptolemaic Veteran Pike Phalanx and Macedonian Pike Phalanx to not look eastern. Thanks Paul.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug that applied “Fighting Heavy Chariots” cohesion test modifier incorrectly.
  • Spartan veteran hoplites will now use the correct Lambda shield when side A is Spartan and side B is Roman.
  • Fixed issue whereby Fragmented unit whose pursuit is blocked by friends could end up with more AP than it should.

We would be especially grateful if you could give us feedback on the rear echelon armies in Sandbox mode.

The Matrix version of the game is available here and Steam users can access the beta on the openbeta branch (no password required).

Thanks for taking the time to check the beta out and we look forward to your feedback.
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Welcome!

Post by rbodleyscott »

And for anyone who missed v1.5.26:

Version 1.5.26 Changelog
Units:
◦ Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
◦ Added 4 new Lydian units from TT mod: Lydian Cavalry, Lydian Light Chariots, Lydian Irregular Foot, Lydian Light Javelinmen.
◦ Added 14 new pike phalanx units from TT Mod for Diadochi etc: Antigonos, Lysimachos, Pyrrhos, Ptolemaic Egypt, Antigonid Macedon, Hellenistic Greece, Sparta, GraecoBactrian/IndoGreek. (Philip, Alexander and the Seleucids use the existing vanilla Argyraspids and Chalcaspids).
◦ Also added from TT Mod: Nubian Archers.

Army Lists:
◦ Light Chariots and other new models added to Lydian lists.
◦ New pike units added to the appropriate army lists.
◦ Added new Spartan 280-228 BC, 227-222 BC and 221-146 BC lists.
◦ Kushite Egyptians will use the new Nubian Archers model.

Epic Battles:
◦ Epic Battle scenarios have been updated to use the new units where appropriate. (Thymbra, Raphia)
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

Nice. Well done. Thanks :-)
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

I have the game on Steam. I downloaded the 1.5.27 Open Beta from the start and played it with no issue.
Then I mainly played P&S.
Two days ago, I played FoG2 again and got this message for the first time :

As you can see, I play with the 1.5.27 Buid 10009 version.
I clicked OK. No download starts or page opens but I can play as usual...
I tried to switch to the 'normal' game (v.1.5.25 build 10009) then back to the beta again. The same window pops up.

Is it okay ?
Do/can I keep on playing this Beta ?
No big deal, just feed back from a beta tester :-)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

It looks like someone got a bit confused with their hexadecimal and updated the beta version number incorrectly for the test MP server. This caused an error message when attempting to log into MP with the beta.

I have now corrected it, so that at least should work correctly now.

It is possible that the error message you got is due to the incorrect hexadecimal value being entered somewhere else too, but I am unable to check that out till tomorrow.

Let us know if you still get an error message.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

I've just tested it 5 times in a row. No error message anymore, so I think it is fixed. Thank you very much.

Of course I'll let you know if it happens again.

Return to “Field of Glory II - 1.5.27 Open Beta”