"New" to Spartan - inactive AI?

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

"New" to Spartan - inactive AI?

Post by bebro » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Actually I own the game (only Spartan - I don't have the Troy expansion), for quite a long time, but I never played it that much. Now I thought I give it another try. I played one game as Sparta, v1.017, hard, the campaign where you have to gain control over most of Hellas (from 933 BC IIRC).

The game has some nice things, I just wondered that the AI seemed to do more or less nothing, esp. against me. Some AIs expanded a bit (at the cost of other AIs), but except some barbs and pirates nobody ever threatened me directly....Should I change to a higher difficulty? Or is the AI more aggressive in the grnad campaign?

duncan
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by duncan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Hi

Maybe you should try the berserker mod or go back to the 1.013 patch, which was harder. I used to play Spartan in the fourth difficulty level (being the first one the easiest) and I think AI was OK, I used to get attacked by the cretans playing as Sparta, in the Great Campaign. Try it,
"The Art Of War: Fantasy" supporter!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:26 am

Thx, I'm playing the grand campaign right now and there it's much better, not only due to the invasion events, but also the other AIs do more :)

anguille
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by anguille » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:36 pm

Great...enjoy!

Am currentely playing a Grand Campaign as Athens....had to lower the difficulty as i lost badly in my first attempt :lol:

Cheers

Redpossum
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: "New" to Spartan - inactive AI?

Post by Redpossum » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:00 am

bebro wrote:Actually I own the game (only Spartan - I don't have the Troy expansion), for quite a long time, but I never played it that much. Now I thought I give it another try. I played one game as Sparta, v1.017, hard, the campaign where you have to gain control over most of Hellas (from 933 BC IIRC).

The game has some nice things, I just wondered that the AI seemed to do more or less nothing, esp. against me. Some AIs expanded a bit (at the cost of other AIs), but except some barbs and pirates nobody ever threatened me directly....Should I change to a higher difficulty? Or is the AI more aggressive in the grnad campaign?
Here is a link to a post I made a year and a half ago. Perhaps it might help, or at least offer you some food for thought

Best of luck!

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”