Spartan and Gates of Troy Bonuses Problem :(

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

coldsoul
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Spartan and Gates of Troy Bonuses Problem :(

Post by coldsoul »

Greetings! In the game Spartan and Gates of Troy there is an error associated with bonuses:
Bonuses to be received by units:
Armour
Damage
Morale
How much I would test these bonuses, I did not notice the advantages :(
Tell me please what is the problem? Perhaps the game files do not match the names of buildings or something similar?
Video on Youtube - https://youtu.be/0fFrwUVQfFo
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Spartan and Gates of Troy Bonuses Problem :(

Post by dejvid2 »

Now you come to mention it, I have had the feeling that you don't get much of a boost from those buildings but till now I've always assumed that do be a false impression. I shall do the test you have shown on youtube myself.
coldsoul

Post by coldsoul »

dejvid2 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 am Now you come to mention it, I have had the feeling that you don't get much of a boost from those buildings but till now I've always assumed that do be a false impression. I shall do the test you have shown on youtube myself.
Hi! Did you manage to test this moment?
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

I've played these games many times over the last, uhh, 15 years or so? In fact I was just playing GoT last week, and you're right. I've always had the feeling there wasn't any noticeable improvement. I just figured it was too subtle for me to notice.
coldsoul

Post by coldsoul »

I was able to tie the listed bonuses to the experience value of the squad. Of course, this does not fully reflect the original idea of ​​the developers + there is no protection from arrows, but I did not find other more effective ways to fix this. (I'm not a programmer :)). The following logic was used, the maximum possible bonus was divided into 12 parts (since there are 12 experience levels) and a small part was added at each level. Thus, units of level 12 will have bonuses:
Armor 4
Damage 4
Morale 4
You will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of these guys in practice.
The file must be placed in the Spartan/data folder. (keep the original file if the bonuses seem too cheating to you)
link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlISdW ... wWi8g/edit
If someone from the community can still tie bonuses to the corresponding buildings as the developer planned, that would be just great.
Sorry for my eng

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”