Welcome to 1.5.31

manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Welcome to 1.5.31

Post by manickennel »

Ave!

Welcome to the latest open beta of FOG II. As usual, we have a whole host of improvements for you and look forward to your feedback. You can download the Slitherine version here, or if Steam is more your thing, then you will find the game on the openbeta branch (no password required).

Hotseat Mode
  • It is now possible to switch back and forth between Hotseat mode and AI mode during the course of a battle. You can turn Hotseat mode On and Off in the Settings menu. The change takes effect on the next enemy turn - not including their first (Deployment) turn.
  • This allows you to start a Custom Battle in Hotseat mode, do Force Selection and Deployment for the enemy side, then switch to AI mode to fight out the battle. To do this, you need to set Hotseat mode On in the Settings menu before starting the battle, and then switch it Off again at any time before the enemy second turn.
  • To allow the above to work correctly, the enemy side (like the player) does not get a move on its first turn when the game is started in Hotseat mode.
Empires Battles:
  • Maximum battle size before scaling is now affected by the Conversion Ratio setting. i.e. If you set the Conversion Ratio to 150% of default, the battle will not scale unless the larger side has more than 36 Empires units, and the scaling will be based on that figure and not the default figure of 24.
Units:
  • Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
  • Added 5 new Irregular Foot units from TT Mod. (Iranian-style, Non-Iranian Middle-Eastern style, Skythian, Ligurian and Nubian.)
  • Added Takabara textures from TT mod.
  • Added Early Cataphracts from TT Mod.
  • Added 4 new Late Roman cavalry units from TT Mod: Clibanarii, Cavalry, Veteran Cavalry, Equites sagittarii.
Army Lists:
  • Numerous army lists have been updated to use the new units.
Epic Battles:
  • The following Epic Battle scenarios have been updated to use the new units: Thymbra, Chaironeia (86 BC), Tigranocerta, Adrianople, Argentoratum, Chalons, Frigidus, Maranga.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed issue that could cause late arriving troops (e.g. flank marchers) to be treated as part of the same group move command as some inappropriate on-table troops.
Manual:
  • Correction - Section 15.2: “Moreover, a unit cannot drop cohesion twice in the same turn from shooting, nor from close combat. (But can drop once for each, and in some circumstances can double drop from close combat). Note that melees that were not resolved before hitting End Turn are resolved automatically and count as part of the preceding turn for the above purpose. Also, a unit that is Fragmented may break (without waiting to be contacted) if charged by another unit, even if it became Fragmented as a result of a previous impact close combat this turn.”
    (The previous statement that cohesion could drop from each of shooting, impact and melee in a turn was incorrect.)
Modding:
By request, here is a list of scripts and other major files changed since v1.5.30:
  • ArmyList.txt
  • Squads.csv
  • Squads.xlsx
  • Helpers.bsf
  • Slith_RandomMap2.bsf
  • AITools.bsf
  • CampaignTools.bsf
  • LiaisonTools.bsf
  • Macros.bsf
  • MoreScenarioTools.bsf
  • BattleCommon.bsf
Thanks for checking out the new beta, we hope you enjoy it.

Vale!
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Welcome to 1.5.31

Post by Jagger2002 »

It is now possible to switch back and forth between Hotseat mode and AI mode during the course of a battle. You can turn Hotseat mode On and Off in the Settings menu. The change takes effect on the next enemy turn - not including their first (Deployment) turn.
That is a very nice feature!!!
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Post by Athos1660 »

Jagger2002 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 pm That is a very nice feature!!!
You stole my line in the script ! :-)
Last edited by Athos1660 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athos1660

Post by Athos1660 »

(double post)
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Jagger2002 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 pm That is a very nice feature!!!
That's not just nice - that's awesome! :o :wink:

It adds so much new setup possibilities it makes my brain hurt ...

And the new units adopted from TT are very welcome of course. Would also love to see some of Paul's Sassanid Persian units added to the main game in the future.

IC XC
NI KA
toska

Post by toska »

The L_Rom_vet_cav and Late_Rom_cav textures and models appear to be interchanged in-game. The barbarian chivalry appears as the veteran, although the name of the textures indicates otherwise. Is it intentional?

On the other hand, perhaps it would be nice if the Ligurians used barbarian skirmishers.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

toska wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:24 pm The L_Rom_vet_cav and Late_Rom_cav textures and models appear to be interchanged in-game. The barbarian chivalry appears as the veteran, although the name of the textures indicates otherwise. Is it intentional?
Yes, Paul changed his mind as to which should be which after he had named them. I have to admit it bugs me, but it didn't seem worth the effort of renaming the models, renaming all the textures, and changing the texture references in the models just to assuage my OCD.
On the other hand, perhaps it would be nice if the Ligurians used barbarian skirmishers.
I would agree apart from the fact that Ligurians apparently didn't wear trousers.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Dux Limitis »

Hope next time we can get armoured hirdsmen models,shieldwall units with some helmets(like the new add late Germanic warbands),eastern and Greek cataphracts(now new cataphract is only for Pontus and I think Pontus should use the Greek style cataphracts),late Roman style massed archers and new late superior Germanic warband.Also that saggitarii should not appear in the 24bc-196ad's Roman army list beacuse it's late Roman style.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 am.Also that saggitarii should not appear in the 24bc-196ad's Roman army list beacuse it's late Roman style.
I was in two mind about that myself. While the new unit is definitely Late Roman in style, we don't really have a more suitable earlier Roman unit, so would have to use the standard light horse archers unit - however, that would be ok I suppose for Equites Sagittarii Indigenae.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:00 am
Dux Limitis wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 am.Also that saggitarii should not appear in the 24bc-196ad's Roman army list beacuse it's late Roman style.
I was in two mind about that myself. While the new unit is definitely Late Roman in style, we don't really have a more suitable earlier Roman unit, so would have to use the standard light horse archers unit - however, that would be ok I suppose for Equites Sagittarii Indigenae.
Actually,I think better to use the standard light horse archers for the early Imperial Roman army list(24bc-196ad).Because many of them came form the Roman client states which still existed at that time,with their native style.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 am
Actually,I think better to use the standard light horse archers for the early Imperial Roman army list(24bc-196ad).Because many of them came form the Roman client states which still existed at that time,with their native style.
I agree. I will change them back.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:56 am
Dux Limitis wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:24 am

I agree. I will change them back.
Many thanks for doing that.
garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by garymann »

This allows you to start a Custom Battle in Hotseat mode, do Force Selection and Deployment for the enemy side, then switch to AI mode to fight out the battle.
wow the system works! This is a great step forward. I remember asking for this about 2 years ago on this forum and was disappointed that it was not possible. Thanks Richard and the team. message is: keep asking folks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

garymann wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:43 am
This allows you to start a Custom Battle in Hotseat mode, do Force Selection and Deployment for the enemy side, then switch to AI mode to fight out the battle.
wow the system works! This is a great step forward. I remember asking for this about 2 years ago on this forum and was disappointed that it was not possible. Thanks Richard and the team. message is: keep asking folks!
Sorry it took so long.
Richard Bodley Scott

CONSTANTINIX
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by CONSTANTINIX »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:54 am Sorry it took so long.
For me, it was really fast as I was asking it in june ! viewtopic.php?f=477&t=99410
Thanks a lot.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

CONSTANTINIX wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 pm
rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:54 am Sorry it took so long.
For me, it was really fast as I was asking it in june ! viewtopic.php?f=477&t=99410
Thanks a lot.
Yes, that was what made me try again to see if it could be implemented. With a tweak to the engine by Pip, it proved feasible after all.
Richard Bodley Scott

CONSTANTINIX

Post by CONSTANTINIX »

Im looking forward to play this version.

Could someone confirm that it is possible to download the beta , play some custom battles with this beta , then revert back to the main version without losing my multiplayer games already started with the main version.

If it is possible, is this "modus operandi" right (I use steam) ?

Launch steam
Right click on the game FOG2 and choose "properties". In the "beta" tab, I choose "open beta - beta". Then I let the new beta version download.
After playing my custom battles, I go in the same place then choose "dont participate to beta test" and he will download the main version (?) and I will be able again to continue my started match in the multiplayer lobby

Am I right ?
Thanks for your support.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

CONSTANTINIX wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:31 pm Im looking forward to play this version.

Could someone confirm that it is possible to download the beta , play some custom battles with this beta , then revert back to the main version without losing my multiplayer games already started with the main version.

If it is possible, is this "modus operandi" right (I use steam) ?

Launch steam
Right click on the game FOG2 and choose "properties". In the "beta" tab, I choose "open beta - beta". Then I let the new beta version download.
After playing my custom battles, I go in the same place then choose "dont participate to beta test" and he will download the main version (?) and I will be able again to continue my started match in the multiplayer lobby

Am I right ?
Thanks for your support.
That's right, it's no problem to switch between versions.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
CONSTANTINIX

Post by CONSTANTINIX »

I confirm it it works fine. It's quite simple.

Thanks Snugglebunnies
CONSTANTINIX

Post by CONSTANTINIX »

It has worked fine the first time. But the second time I tried to download the beta , it has started , then downloaded 20,36 MB /20,26 MB (so theorically fully downloaded) then put itself on wait. If I started again , nothing change and I have still not the possibility to play the beta
Nevertheles, I m not blocked as I can still revert to the main version by activating the choice " do not participate to any beta"

Return to “Field of Glory II - 1.5.31 Open Beta”