Current Tournament Maps list

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Current Tournament Maps list

Post by Shards »

Hi,

These are the multiplayer maps that are currently wired up for Tournament play and could feature in future tournaments:

(Scenario Name - Attacking Side vs Defending Side)

All tournament matches are played as Paired Games with each player taking each side once.
  • Karelian Kesä [Tournament Settings] - Ger vs Rus
  • Peninsula Invasion [Tournament Settings] - Jap vs GB
  • Sandstorm at the Oasis [Tournament Settings] - Axis vs GB
  • Two Bridges [Tournament Settings] - USA vs Blue USA
  • Wake Island Assault [Tournament Settings] - Jap vs USA
  • Return to Raseiniai 1942 - Ger vs Rus
  • Kiev to Zhitomir - Ger vs Rus
  • Crescent Bay - Jap vs USA
I'll update this list as and when new maps are made available.

Thanks
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Current Tournament Maps list

Post by Shards »

I have plans to update The Fork and Arctic Fox to tournament play at some point in the near future, but I've not yet figured out good ways to report interesting scores from the other official MP maps.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

For reference, this is how points are awarded for these maps:
  • Karelian Kesä - Ger vs Rus - 1 VP per turn for each Victory Location you hold at turn start (Ger starts with 1, Rus with 2, 4 in the middle to contest). First to 100 wins. 100 VP win if you can capture an opponent's HQ.
  • Peninsula Invasion - Jap vs GB - Jap wins with 100VP if it captures either bridge, otherwise gets 3VP for each flag hex it holds. GB gets 4 VP per turn that it holds out.
  • Sandstorm at the Oasis - Axis vs GB - 3 VP per turn for each Victory Location you hold at turn start (4 in the centre to contest). First to 100 wins. 100 VP win if you capture an opponent's HQ
  • Two Bridges - USA vs Blue USA - 2 VP per turn for each Victory Location you hold at turn start (2 each at start, 4 in centre to contest). First to 100 wins. 100 VP win if you capture opponents HQ
  • Wake Island Assault - Jap vs USA - 5 locations on Wake to contest. USA starts holding all locations and earns 5 VP per turn for holding all 5, 3 VP for holding 4 and 1 VP for holding 3. Japanese player earns 1 VP per turn for each victory location it holds and wins with 100 VP if it captures all 5 at any point.
Oldman75
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Oldman75 »

Dears, please do something with those who do not play with days! It is understandable that someones have limited time for the game, but if they can not login daily for 10-15 minutes to play their turn, then can we talk about a multiplayer game like the tournaments should be or we talk about how we waste our time for waiting? My opponent has no made yet the first turn after more of three days from start and we are supposed to play two matches this round. I'm still waiting ...
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Oldman75 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 pm Dears, please do something with those who do not play with days! It is understandable that someones have limited time for the game, but if they can not login daily for 10-15 minutes to play their turn, then can we talk about a multiplayer game like the tournaments should be or we talk about how we waste our time for waiting? My opponent has no made yet the first turn after more of three days from start and we are supposed to play two matches this round. I'm still waiting ...
Hi,

If your opponent doesn't play at all, they'll be kicked at the end of the round and you'll be awarded a BYE victory (60-0 in the current live tournament (July 2020)).

If they only play a few rounds, then they''ll see their points reduced and you'll see yours increased commensurately.

I understand the frustration of a non-playing opponent, but the swiss system should usually mean that you'll get better games in the next rounds.

Thanks
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Updated to match upcoming 8.6.1 patch
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »