Red Storm Release - Eastern Front Tournament

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Red Storm Release - Eastern Front Tournament

Post by Shards »

So, our first "proper" tournament is going to be tied into the upcoming release of the new Red Storm DLC.

Signups are open on the website https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments

This will be 3 rounds, each round lasting for 10 days.

The scenarios are all new/updated:

Karjelan Kesa (tournament settings) (Ger vs Rus, 1941) - Taken some learnings from the test tournament. Rounds reduced to 15 turns, Germans now have 2 HQ's and a force needs to hold both HQ simultaneously to get an insta-win. Also added new VP opportunities, with VP earned for destroying enemy units and large bonus VP's available for taking enemy HQ's. Also, reduced flags in central area and disabled spawning of troops on the victory locations.

Return to Raseiniai (Ger vs Rus, 1942) - A timeshifted version of the tank battle around the crossings of the Dubysa in Lithuania. Earn VP for killing opposing units and holding 8 objectives (4 nearer to Germans, 4 nearer to Russians). Germans can also try to break through and take the Russian staging areas (which give most of the supply in this scenario). 15 turns, Russians get no air support, Germans get 3 stukka reinforcements after a few turns, Russians get additional land units.

Kiev to Zhitomir (Rus vs Ger, 1943) - Adaptation of the scenario from Endsieg/Red Storm, Russian forces have re-taken Kiev in the muddy, muddy fields of Ukraine and are looking to push forwards. Earn VP for kills, taking enemy HQ's (2 per side) or holding the 5 central flags (including the tiny village of Chernobyl). 15 turns as well and no spawning of troops on the victory locations. Lots of BIG tank available.

Thanks!
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Red Storm Release - Eastern Front Tournament

Post by 13obo »

Hello! Apart from the crown of "best armchair general" and of course the prestige among the ladies that the title carries, are there any other tangible rewards for winning a tournament?
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

So dumb question, do you have to actually have the new DLC to participate in the tournament, or is the tournament stand alone?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

The maps come with the patch.

As long as you own any one OOB DLC, you can play in the tournament.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

And we're underway!

Good Luck All
dragons2010
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dragons2010 »

I thought I was doing something wrong and then saw I had a bye!!!! Default win, the best win ever :lol:

Was hoping to sort out my rustiness though.

Good luck everyone else, see you on the 02 Oct.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

dragons2010 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:14 am I thought I was doing something wrong and then saw I had a bye!!!! Default win, the best win ever :lol:

Was hoping to sort out my rustiness though.

Good luck everyone else, see you on the 02 Oct.
Easy Points! ;-)

Maybe put up a game or two on Multiplayer and see if anyone fancies a game? Help to knock off the rust!
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

So my scenarios are listed and one is green. I cannot select either one. When I "mouse over" that scenario line, it states that the scenario is not installed on your device. I have several OOB DLC's, so any idea why I cannot select and launch the scenario ? Playing OOB through Steam, version 8.6.0
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Dwightd wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:21 pm So my scenarios are listed and one is green. I cannot select either one. When I "mouse over" that scenario line, it states that the scenario is not installed on your device. I have several OOB DLC's, so any idea why I cannot select and launch the scenario ? Playing OOB through Steam, version 8.6.0
Hi,

Can you take a look in your install folder and browse to this folder (right click OOB in steam, select Manage then Browse Local Files):

Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Scenarios

You should see a folder called "1v1_KarjalanKesa_Tournament_Settings", can you let me know if you don't see it or if it's called something else?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Also, please try to Verify your Steam files?

Right Click OOB in Steam, select Properties..

In the popup window that appears, select the Local Files tab then select the Verify Integrity of Game Files... button. That'll check that the files in your folders match what should be there. It may take a little while.

Thanks
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

No go Shards. I click on the verify and it says it is verifying the files (1 of 1). It states all files have been successfully verified. But I get the same message in the mouse over, and no launch button.

All of my DLC show up on the map when I go into single player. Maybe I got caught at the Russian border with an expired passport :wink:

BTW, did the verify twice and restarted Steam
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Are you on Mac or PC?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I have a gut feeling I know what's wrong, but I'll need to be at the office tomorrow to check. Do let me know if you're pc or Mac.

Thanks
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

Thanks. I am on a Mac.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Dwightd wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm Thanks. I am on a Mac.
Hi,

Think we've fixed the issue, you may automatically get an update. If not, please verify again

Thanks
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

My troops are gathering in the assembly area now. So we are GTG. Thank you sir!
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

I have to go on an unplanned trip Fri-Sun. Does this mean I'll get kicked off the tournament due to lack of turns played?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

It's about how many turns get played at the end :-)

I think you'll survive
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Shards wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:26 pm It's about how many turns get played at the end :-)

I think you'll survive
Good. i did manage to install OOB on an old laptop and I hope to get my turns in on the road.
I'm only in it for the fun & money anyway.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Can I just say well played to roywfw and Moonshill!

Roy has obviously played very well there, but super Kudos to Moonshill for playing through the turns in good order under extreme pressure and (from looking at his game as USSR, an amazing defensive stand to keep roy from taking the two Russian HQ's!).

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”