Join the Welkrieg Tournament

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

SagsGames77
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Join the Welkrieg Tournament

Post by SagsGames77 »

Can anything be done about abandoned games? My game is on Turn 8 and it seems my opponent has abandoned it. I am ahead in both games but he has accused me of "hacking" and seemingly disappeared. My hack it appears is due to the fact that his units with low efficiency cause less damage than my units with high efficiency, i.e. he does not understand how to manage unit efficiency in the game.

So the result is that it is impossible to get the chance of taking his HQs and so getting the bonus points for that or indeed any VPs during the missing turns. The same happened last tournament when my opponent abandoned the game when I was about to take his HQ.

My suggestion would be that players who abandon a game be excluded from the rest of the tournament and their remaining moves - for the abandoned game only - be completed by another player who is happy to do so. This would mean that Game 1 is completed while Game 2 has started, but it would make it a more level playing field for the overall tournament scores.

Looking at the tournament scoresheet there seem to be several games that have started but may well not finish with less than two days to go, so this is clearly a common problem.
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

From what I understand you end up automatically winning abandoned games anyway, so it doesn't really matter I think...
SagsGames77
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SagsGames77 »

You win the game but your score is lower than it would be.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Hmm, I can see how that would be a problem. To be honest I don't pay that much attention to scoring and this is only my second tournament.
reboot2501
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by reboot2501 »

Hello,
I don't understand my final score in the first round. I have conquered more and for longer, as well as I have created more casualties and my opponent doubles my score. Amazing.
I kindly ask that the encounter be reviewed.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

reboot2501 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 am Hello,
I don't understand my final score in the first round. I have conquered more and for longer, as well as I have created more casualties and my opponent doubles my score. Amazing.
I kindly ask that the encounter be reviewed.
Hi,

Please see the first page of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=620&t=105848#p928844

In short, we are aware of the issue and will have a fix for the scoring shortly
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

SagsGames77 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm You win the game but your score is lower than it would be.
Sadly this is part of the risk. The system will ensure that your score is adjusted somewhat, but we can't predict how many points you would have achieved had the full match played out.

Fwiw, my opponent has decided they've had enough on Turn 8. So I'll get the same slight nudge in points too
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Scores on the table have been updated and we've deployed a patch to the server to hopefully stop this happening again!
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Thinking about it a bit more, banning players who abandon games does seem reasonable.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:48 pm Thinking about it a bit more, banning players who abandon games does seem reasonable.
How do you judge intent though? Not every abandon is going to be someone just giving up. Sometimes it'll be clashing timezones or just life complications. I'm reticent to start going out there with the ban-hammer...
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

In the example provided by sagsgames, there is an explicit declaration of deliberate abandonment. That at least isn't too ambiguous. As for other instances, perhaps if they're a serial offender so to speak... I can't help but feel bad for players getting stuck in that situation.
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

Hallo
zu aller erst: danke für das spannende Turnier und die Arbeit die Ihr damit habt.
Bei mir stimmt mit den Punkten bestimmt auch etwas nicht, ich glaube ich müsste auf beiden Karten in Führung liegen.
Aber ist mir nicht wichtig, viel wichtiger ist mir mein guter Wettkampfgegner, der regelmäßig seine Züge absolviert.
Meinen Dank auch an Ihm.

Gruß
Ralf
blondus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by blondus »

Ralf you are destroying me! :oops:

Luca
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

One thing that Ive realised isnt stated very well in the objectives for this map, the Russians gain 1VP per turn for holding each of their supply depots. This generally means that the Russians get off to a quicker points start before the German Armour hits them.

I'd say, from looking at the leaderboard, that you're doing fine Ralf 😁

edit: Blargh, I think that the objective "guide" text is from the wrong version of this map!

To clarify, it's 1VP per turn for every Gold and Silver Flag point. So that's:

Staging Point Alfa and Beta
The Four named Bridges
Kelme & Raseiniai

Alejai and Girkalnis are indicated in the guide text but aren't VP hexes.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

This is the first time this map has been in a tournament since we added the new "NoDeploy" hexes to stop forward redeployments. I think that we should probably be a bit more generous to the Germans here and allow them to deploy to the towns near to their start points (once captured). The Russian reinforcements arrive in the VP conflict zone very quickly (in the SE and N) whereas a German player whose first spearhead is destroyed has to drive up from a long way away.

This is not entirely a bad thing. The German combination of StuG and Pz IV F2 are much better than anything the Russians have, so a Russian player that can blunt that should be rewarded, but my gut is that it's a bit too much at this moment.
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

On the subject of maps, I've been a big fan of War in the Pacific 1 vs 1 by Erik. It's big, but actually not as big as it seems at first so it's far more suitable to these kinds of tournaments than my initiall favourite, Parreigo's Russian campaign. Just putting it out there :)
Vindictus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vindictus »

In the first round, my opponent only had his first go, 4 days after the start of the round. So we could only compete 11 rounds. In this round, my opponent has only just had his first go 3 days after the start of the round. So it is impossible for me to fully complete this round as well now.

I think firstly, each round needs to be extended to 18 days, to make sure all teams have a chance to complete their full rounds. I am in Australia, and the timezone difference means mostly only 1 round per day when playing against US or European players. Secondly, these tourneys would be far better having separate leagues - league 1 for veterans that have never defaulted in previous tournies, and league 2 for new players or previous default players.

Last round, I had to play suicide aggression to get as many points as I could from max 11 rounds, and it was not really fun or rewarding and now it is the same for this round as well. I can probably only get 12 rounds in this one now, so for me, this Tourney is a bit of a write off I suspect
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Had an odd visual glitch in one of my games with pupski. I could preview moving one of my tanks next to theirs, but there wasn't any damage prediction. I'm pretty sure what's going on is the enemy tank was in a different position because of the territory claim extented beyond their depicted location. Didn't really influence gameplay or anything mind you, just raised eyebrows.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I think I've seen that occasionally, usually when I've been skipping through my opponents turn and a unit has moved into the shroud.

The unit is in the right place, but the graphic is shown on the wrong hex
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Yeah it feels somewhat familiar. I'll attribute it to the fog of war, heh.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”