Join the Allies Tournament

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Mantuvec
Slitherine
Slitherine

Join the Allies Tournament

Post by Mantuvec »

The Order of Battle “Allies” tournament will start on October 27th.
The tournament features three scenarios, the last two of them brand new. All battles are fictional to keep the maps more balanced, but they also reflect the course of the Allied campaigns in North Africa and in Italy 1942-43.

Sandstorm at the Oasis (August 1942) - In this scenario, the British have to battle both German and Italian Forces on a desert map, while periodically occurring Sandstorms pose additional challenges to each side.

GIs vs. Bersaglieri (January 1943) - This new scenario depicts American and Italian forces in a struggle for control of a few important roads through the Atlas mountain chain in Tunisia. The map is a mix of mostly desert, rough desert, hills, and mountains, so movement is limited to certain paths and needs to be planned carefully.

Muddy Beachheads (September 1943) - British and American forces have established beachheads in a surprise naval landing on the Italian coast. As the Allies aim to expand their gains Axis forces attempt to stop them. The area is parted by a river, so control of the few bridges is crucial. The map also allows air deployments, and the Allies enjoy a slight advantage in command points and resources. After many days of rainfall, both sides have to deal with muddy terrain, though.

All you need to do is opt-in here and own at least one Order of Battle DLC.

If you’re not familiar with Slitherine’s PBEM system, here’s how it works: the system will pair you with opponents and create your PBEM games for you automatically. You will be notified by mail of when the tournament is starting and when it is time to play your turns. The tournament follows the Swiss Tournament rules.
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Join the Allies Tournament

Post by amenhotep13 »

These tournaments are really really really awfull. And i'm polite... 😡 They are like lottery... Maybe you can play or maybe no

I subscribed to the Weltkrieg tournament and i could play only 2/3 rounds because of an adversary give up in the first round
I subscribed to the Panzer Corps 2 tournament and i could'nt play a single turn because i didn't had any opponent
I am currently on the OOB Allied tournament which has just started and again i have no adversary. Of course, 85 players subscribed and only 28 are currently playing... It's weird! 👿
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Yeah I played the first OOB tournament and had fun, despite the occasional dropout, but as time has progressed the issue has gone from bad to worse to impossible to ignore. The last tournament was a disaster :( Won four of my six matches and ended up in the bottom third ranking because of people not playing. So I'll reluctantly give this a pass. For the record the multiplayer games are outstanding, especially the custom maps. HIghly recommended! :D
LynxCom
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by LynxCom »

I would recommend play-off system, not this one.
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

Hello everyone !
A beginner's question: this is the first time that I participate in an internet tournament (OoB:WW2 'Allies').
I paid attention to the calendar and the schedule of the first round but since last Wednesday, October 27,
I have been waiting for the answer (the turn) of my opponent; which one has not yet manifested ...
Is there a way for me to message (or chat with) him or is that not possible during a tournament?
Do I have to wait until November 10 to know what happens next if it's a "ghost player"?
Thank you in advance for any clarification and good luck everyone!
Best Regards,
LN59
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Unfortunately you are simply out of luck. It's a serious problem, many of us have given up on the tournaments precisely because of these so-called ghost players.
SagsGames77
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SagsGames77 »

You can trying DMing your opponent - it worked for me once. But overall I agree with Karis - this is a constant problem. From the leaderboard you can see that about 40% of matches haven't started yet. This is my fourth tournament and so far I have only been able to complete 3 out of 9 battles because my opponent either doesn't show up or gives up halfway through, it's very frustrating.

But lots of multiplayer available on OOB so try some of those.
Pekkavilamoura
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Pekkavilamoura »

"But lots of multiplayer available on OOB so try some of those."

Coming back to this your comment - I`ve tried to enter those multiplayer games, but most of them are either closed (private) battles or some mods that I haven't installed on my computer -?

I luckily found one which was open and I'm currently playing. Great fun!!!

But can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong because I cannot access anything?

Thanks
Pekkavilamoura

Post by Pekkavilamoura »

Another thing, concerning those ghost players:

My idea to solve this would be to start the tournament with a small introductory scenario lasting only a few days, 1 week max.

After that you would then sort out all no-shows and start the real thing.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Thanks for the ideas!

I'm sending out an update email to all players today to try and get a few more games started in time.

The best way to get a casual game of PBEM OOB started is to make an open challenge on any of the maps that come with the game. Someone usually picks up the challenge very quickly!
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hi,
I can log in to the site (my page) but i'm unable to access the multiplayer game (the interface says "you must be logged in before...") although i use the same credentials in the site and in the game...

Someone can help ?

Thanks
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Can you drop an email to support@slitherine.co.uk

If you say I've sent you then that might help
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Ok. Will do that immediatly

edit : done 🙂
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello,

Someone in the Slitherine team resetted my password and this action resolved the problem : i can now enter my games

Now am I going to have a real opponent or a ghost player ??? 🙄 Near future will tell us...
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello @Shards,

My opponent in the games Storm in the oasis is Kerzik.
Could you please send him a mail to see if it's a real player or a ghost ?

Thanks,

Regards
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Everyone got the same email earlier this week. Maybe drop them a PM here on the forum?
rth

Post by rth »

ich dachte die Mail hat geholfen und habe ich gefreut das Scotty123 einen Zug machte, leider ist es nur ein einziger Zug gewesen und nun warte ich auch schon wieder ein paar Tage auf den nächsten,
ich verstehe diese Menschen nicht, ich weiß vorher ob ich Lust und Zeit habe und melde mich zum Turnier an, oder nicht,
sollte ich doch irgendwie negativ überrascht werden, ... dass es mir nicht gefällt, dann schreibe ich das meinem zugelosten Gegner und versuche mich bei der Turnierleitung ab zu melden
manchmal bedaure ich diese Menschen: "was für eine schlechte Kinderstube Sie erdulden mussten und wie Sie jetzt damit durch das Leben kommen müssen"
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

:? [For the Tournament Organizers / Moderators, to complement what Huntdaw, my Right Honorable Adversary in this first Round, has just pointed out].

This is not a complaint but the courteous report (IMHO) of a rather frustrating problem. We had started the first scenario 2 or 3 days after the official launch of the Allies Tournament and we finished it without encountering any particular problem, today Thursday, November 4th.

According to the tournament rules (if I understood it correctly, because I'm French), we had to swap sides for the second phase of the Round. However, in the summary table 'ALLIES TOURNAMENT: OVERALL SCORES' accessible on the Slitherine site, it seems that only our first phase of the game was recorded as "Game 2; Score LN59: 80; Huntdaw: 63" then that it appears that we did not even have access to "Game 1", except for a totally unintentional handling error by one or the other.

It's a shame, because the game started was very pleasant and very fair. To show our good faith, please refer to our emails exchanged during this playing time, which are indicated as "Readable by All" in the UI of the Multiplayer module of the game.

LN59 :cry:

[November 4th, 09:40 PM. "Issue fixed. Thanks to the Team !" :D ]
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Not sure what the fix was, but there should have been two games in your list and you need to play them both (ideally at the same time!) :)
SagsGames77
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SagsGames77 »

Fantastic! My opponent played two turns in the last round and as a result I got 7 points despite playing both my turns very promptly meaning I was waiting for him constantly! To add insult to injury, he got 9 points! Ridiculous and so any interest I had in this iteration of the tournament has been destroyed. Tally to date is 10 tournament games played, 3 completed. PLEASE do something to sort this mess out!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”