Join the Allies Tournament

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Join the Allies Tournament

Post by Shards »

SagsGames77 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:22 am Fantastic! My opponent played two turns in the last round and as a result I got 7 points despite playing both my turns very promptly meaning I was waiting for him constantly! To add insult to injury, he got 9 points! Ridiculous and so any interest I had in this iteration of the tournament has been destroyed. Tally to date is 10 tournament games played, 3 completed. PLEASE do something to sort this mess out!
You got 150 points from what I can see of the Leaderboard?
SagsGames77
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SagsGames77 »

Shards wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:31 pm
SagsGames77 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:22 am Fantastic! My opponent played two turns in the last round and as a result I got 7 points despite playing both my turns very promptly meaning I was waiting for him constantly! To add insult to injury, he got 9 points! Ridiculous and so any interest I had in this iteration of the tournament has been destroyed. Tally to date is 10 tournament games played, 3 completed. PLEASE do something to sort this mess out!
You got 150 points from what I can see of the Leaderboard?
Yes, so I did, thanks. The leaderboard was updated after I posted. Still, the fact remains that only 3 of 10 games I've played have been completed in all tournaments to date which is the main cause of frustration.
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

Hallo
kann es sein das die Punkte wieder nicht richtig gezählt werden (Seiten vertauscht ) ?
Ich bin mir sicher das vor meinen beiden Zügen es 8 : 9 für Shards stand. Nachdem ich auf beiden Karten gezogen habe und auf einer Karte eine Fahne eroberte, steht es jetzt 8 : 11 für Shards.
Nur mal so eine Frage sorry.
Gruß und macht weiter so mit den interessanten Turnieren, ist ein angenehmer Zeitvertreib
rth

Post by rth »

jetzt scheint es richtig zu sein 14:11 ohne das ich gezogen habe, vielleicht es es vorhin nur eine Karte erst ausgewertet
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

The flag points are added at the start of each player's turn. So they appear when the other player hands the turn back. 14:11 to you feels right for the moment as I've passed both turns back to you.

If you don't kill any of my guys, then I'd expect it to be 14:17 in my favour when you pass the turns back to me.
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

Shards wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:02 am Not sure what the fix was, but there should have been two games in your list and you need to play them both (ideally at the same time!) :)
Hi, Shards!

:oops: Just a question about the course of each round and about respecting the rules - or their spirit. Please note that this is neither a criticism nor a complaint but only a request for clarification, I want to reassure you on this!

So you wrote that ideally, it's better to play the two games simultaneously and therefore send to our opponent the two files recorded at each end of our own turn.

If, thanks to the chat system included in the UI, the two players AGREE to completely finish Game #1 BEFORE going to Game #2 while making sure to finish the round within the time set by the organizer, does it violate the rules or the habits and customs of a tournament? This is the first time that I participate and that question is surely superfluous!

Finally, I would like to point out again that there is no conflict between my current opponent and myself on this subject which is, admittedly, a bit "picky".

LN59 :)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

It's ideal to play both at the same time, mainly because if you don't finish the first one, one of the players will be removed from the competition for not starting the second one! Which I don't think anyone wants!
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

Hi, Shards!

Thank you for your quick response which completely clarifies the subject. I better understand the need for simultaneity of playing. Well done to your team for organizing the tournament. This is the first time that I participate and I find it really exciting and very pleasant.

I have to tell you that <OoB:WWII> is one of my six favorite tactics & strategy games and played very regularly with the <Strategic Command> series; that, venerable of <Steel Panthers>; <Panzer Corps I>; the <John Tiller's Campaign Series> and its sequel undertaken by the Campaign Series Legion and Jason Petho ; and the most confidential but priceless (~ ASL like) <Tigers on the Hunt> by Peter Fisla.

What I like about <OoB:WWII> are the high quality of production and the very serious follow-up; the incredible richness and historical value of the DLC, such as scenarios or campaigns created by the community and finally, the very subtlety of the game (technically rather easy to master) whose deep mechanisms are to be discovered thanks to experience and patience. I'm accumulating 1500 hours of play via Steam, more even, because I was already playing it locally before being Steam-connected. The essential, demanding idea was not to allow 'Undo', except to resume a carefully saved game, which forces the player to weigh the pros and cons and, in my case to note the good tips and mistakes not to commit anymore.

Continue in this way for our total satisfaction!
Finally, after the third installment of the "Allies" DLC, what are the Artistocrats' plans for a possible sequel?
With all my warmest encouragement,
LN59 (from France)
Cenobyte
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Cenobyte »

I think there's a possible glitch/issue that should be looked into for future MP games: The normal spawn mechanics allow you to place units in any hex surrounding your bases regardless of enemy presence. This can be exploited in MP games by holding back some CPs of destroyed units (or not spending all CP) and then spawn the units just as your enemy approaches your base. E.g. Player 1 managed to break through with tanks, closes in on a base just defended by an infantry unit placed on the base hex and ends the turn on one of the surrounding hexes, Player 2 then spawns an AT unit in another surrounding hex. As a result, player 1 will basically be unable to ever capture the base because the AT support renders his tanks impotent.

For the sake of fairness, I think it would be better if spawning units in MP games is only possible if there are no enemy forces present on any hex surrounding the base.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

The GI vs Bersaglieri scenario was quite nice.
Look forward to hit the Muddy Beaches in a few minutes.
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I don't see a problem with spawning reinforcements adjacent to enemy units. In the example provided, of an anti-tank unit, it's simple to either have the tank attack it directly, or have infantry deal with things, or artillery, or air power and so on. Moreover it's comparatively expensive to purchase replacement units. Much cheaper to repair existing ones. So however many command points an opponent may have that's no guarantee they have the requisition points required to fill that slot.
Cenobyte

Post by Cenobyte »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:49 am I don't see a problem with spawning reinforcements adjacent to enemy units. In the example provided, of an anti-tank unit, it's simple to either have the tank attack it directly, or have infantry deal with things, or artillery, or air power and so on. Moreover it's comparatively expensive to purchase replacement units. Much cheaper to repair existing ones. So however many command points an opponent may have that's no guarantee they have the requisition points required to fill that slot.
But if you only have tanks in the attack, given that they are usually much faster than any other unit and thus able to exploit a breakthrough? I just think it makes it way too difficult to actually capture your opponent's bases (tbh, I've never managed to pull that off :oops: )
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

En route to the enemy objective you're likely to take some casualties, unless they're playing really badly. So that's the opportunity to balance out your force mix with differing replacements. Personally I try to avoid my armour getting dangerously ahead for exactly that reason, always possible something is hiding in the woods. To say nothing of the threat from the air. The turn limits are generous enough that I don't feel pressured to go racing at top speed anyway. Depending on the exact objectives it's enough to hang on to a couple contested cities in the middle of the map for a victory.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”