Series may go well with Reconquista dlc

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

vaalen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Series may go well with Reconquista dlc

Post by vaalen » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm

I have just finished reading a four book series called the Catalan Chronicles, written by Peter Darman.

This fictional series focuses on the Grand Company, a mercenary army composed largely of almugavars, ans their campaigns in Anatolia, Thrace, and Greece during the first decade of the 1300s. Great battle and campaign descriptions, interesting characters, a very good read. The Almugavars should have some coverage in The Reconquista DLC, and I think my enjoyment of the DLC will be enhanced by having read these books, which I recommend.

jimwinsor
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Series may go well with Reconquista dlc

Post by jimwinsor » Fri May 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Another recommendation in this area: The miniseries "El Cid" on Amazon Prime. It is in Spanish with English subtitles, but this only improves the immersion IMO. Great battle scenes, and the DLC has an El Cid campaign, so perfect!
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

vaalen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Series may go well with Reconquista dlc

Post by vaalen » Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 am

vaalen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm
I have just finished reading a four book series called the Catalan Chronicles, written by Peter Darman.

This fictional series focuses on the Grand Company, a mercenary army composed largely of almugavars, ans their campaigns in Anatolia, Thrace, and Greece during the first decade of the 1300s. Great battle and campaign descriptions, interesting characters, a very good read. The Almugavars should have some coverage in The Reconquista DLC, and I think my enjoyment of the DLC will be enhanced by having read these books, which I recommend.
Thanks for the recommendation! I started watching the series, and enjoy it very much. It will be a great companion to the DLC El Cid campaign.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”