What kind of battles in upcoming Crusades DLC?

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

What kind of battles in upcoming Crusades DLC?

Post by 76mm »

I haven't bought FOG2 Medieval yet because I'm generally not interested in, or knowledgeable about, the period. But I've read quite a bit about the Crusades and find it fascinating...so I'd like to get FOG2 once this DLC comes out, but am concerned that I won't actually like playing the battles in FOG2. Generally I really dislike playing as or against the "horsey-shooty" armies in FOG2, and IIRC correctly, most of the Arab armies during the Crusades were of the horsey-shooty type. What say the experts, will I find enough foot-vs-foot matchups to keep me interested?
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: What kind of battles in upcoming Crusades DLC?

Post by SimonLancaster »

Obviously, to get the DLC you need the base game which has about 85% infantry based armies as things stand. Therefore, you will have lots of armies to play with and against that aren't the Mongols or similar.

The Arab armies right now are quite mixed with plenty of infantry. Not sure what is planned in the new DLC.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Thanks, obviously I'll buy the base game if I get the DLC, but the main reason I haven't bought the base game already is because I'm almost completely unfamiliar with, and uninterested in, the armies/regions in the base game, so I'd probably mainly play the Crusading period, especially if an Empires sequel comes out to cover the strategic layer.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

76mm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:29 am I haven't bought FOG2 Medieval yet because I'm generally not interested in, or knowledgeable about, the period. But I've read quite a bit about the Crusades and find it fascinating...so I'd like to get FOG2 once this DLC comes out, but am concerned that I won't actually like playing the battles in FOG2. Generally I really dislike playing as or against the "horsey-shooty" armies in FOG2, and IIRC correctly, most of the Arab armies during the Crusades were of the horsey-shooty type. What say the experts, will I find enough foot-vs-foot matchups to keep me interested?
Mameluke and Turkish armies are based on horse archers, but Arab, Byzantine, Indian, Caucasian armies all have a substantial infantry element
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, thanks, although if the Indians are anything like in the ancients game, I'm not playing them either! I'll probably pick this up sooner or later once this DLC comes out, just kind of curious what its all about.
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by toska »

76mm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:43 pm Thanks, obviously I'll buy the base game if I get the DLC, but the main reason I haven't bought the base game already is because I'm almost completely unfamiliar with, and uninterested in, the armies/regions in the base game, so I'd probably mainly play the Crusading period, especially if an Empires sequel comes out to cover the strategic layer.

Maybe it's a good way to get into the European Middle Ages :wink: .

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”