Multiplayer QoL

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

JonJonJon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Multiplayer QoL

Post by JonJonJon »

Is there going to be any kind of tournament or league management system built in for multiplayer?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Multiplayer QoL

Post by rbodleyscott »

JonJonJon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:31 pm Is there going to be any kind of tournament or league management system built in for multiplayer?
Slitherine already has a fully automated tournament system that is currently used for FOG2: Ancients, and will be used in future for FOG2: Medieval.

As far as I know, no league management system is currently planned, but if it was, it would be managed at the Slitherine end rather than from inside the game.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:26 pm
JonJonJon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:31 pm Is there going to be any kind of tournament or league management system built in for multiplayer?
Slitherine already has a fully automated tournament system that is currently used for FOG2: Ancients, and will be used in future for FOG2: Medieval.

As far as I know, no league management system is currently planned, but if it was, it would be managed at the Slitherine end rather than from inside the game.
Will we have a real-time multiplayer system instead of PBEM only?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:08 pm

As you know, it is on the to do list, but certainly not at launch.
Richard Bodley Scott

Dux Limitis

Post by Dux Limitis »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:19 pm
Dux Limitis wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:08 pm

As you know, it is on the to do list, but certainly not at launch.
Thanks.
Lancier
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lancier »

Wow, real-time on the to do list!? Would be great really... 8)
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

i think that if they create real time version of the turn based system that both systems will be used. PBEM++ maybe a bit more tho.
i personally will be using it as i see fit , depending on my time constraints. By default tho, its Real time for me

the biggest concern i have for real time battles (turn based) , is how will people find opponents. if that is not properly implemented, that mode will be DEAD within 1 month
Lancier
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lancier »

Wargaming clubs may come to the forefront here i think...
For example at TWC we play pbem games mostly (we organised and completed 3xFOG2: Ancient tourneys so far, 1 currently still going on, we have plans for Medieval too no doubt!^^) but when we have nice war games that we can play real time we organise meetings accoring to people's common timezones. Even we organised a real time tourney with one of the digital board games (Scythe) where we met once a week for battles. People will definitely look for players who dont rage quit games when they are losing which will make wargaming clubs important. We use club #slack for comm. which makes things easier too. But both pbem++ and real time medieval will rule no doubt!
lapdog666 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 am
the biggest concern i have for real time battles (turn based) , is how will people find opponents. if that is not properly implemented, that mode will be DEAD within 1 month
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

lapdog666 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 am i think that if they create real time version of the turn based system that both systems will be used. PBEM++ maybe a bit more tho.
i personally will be using it as i see fit , depending on my time constraints. By default tho, its Real time for me

It can work like this.

The host sets the total time, for example, 2 hours, and generate the army and map(can be Pot Luck). Whoever finds the setting is good enough for him can accept and join the game. When game starts, the clock starts ticking. The side running out of the time before conclusion loses the game.
Meditans ex luce mundi

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”