Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

browlciba
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Field of Glory 2: Medieval Questions

Post by browlciba »

BANNED
Last edited by zakblood on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited post and entered spam
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: Field of Glory 2: Medieval Questions

Post by Athos1660 »

browlciba wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm I like FOG 2. But several issues that I had were: a) army and enemy/ally choices in skirmish maps were locked by time and geographic period (no roman vs indians allowed)
In FoG2: Ancient, uncheck 'Date' and 'Geographical" and you'll be able to play say Roman 199 BC vs Indian 1049 AD.
In FoG2: Medieval, there's in addition time warp that allows to play an Ancient Army vs a Medieval one.
browlciba wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm b) starting unit choices were locked in - no freedom to pick your cores - eg why can't I have an army of all Roman heavy ballistas and archers?
I guess because army lists are meant to be realistic/historical, ie reflecting the actual armies of the period.
However, it is very very easily moddable (modifying ArmyList.txt)
browlciba wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm c) no simple map types are given - e.g. other strategy games have maps like the classic duel of 2 sides separated by a river where 1 side has to cross, a bridge defense map, etc.
You can suggest some to the devs.
You can also quite easily create those simple maps with the Editor which is not a complex tool.
browlciba wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm Just curious if other gamers feel the same way.
Not me :-)
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Field of Glory 2: Medieval Questions

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

browlciba wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm I like FOG 2. But several issues that I had were: a) army and enemy/ally choices in skirmish maps were locked by time and geographic period (no roman vs indians allowed), b) starting unit choices were locked in - no freedom to pick your cores - eg why can't I have an army of all Roman heavy ballistas and archers? c) no simple map types are given - e.g. other strategy games have maps like the classic duel of 2 sides separated by a river where 1 side has to cross, a bridge defense map, etc.

Does FOG 2: Medieval address these issues? Just curious if other gamers feel the same way.
For a), I show how to do this in a 2 minute video, this feature is in both Ancients and Medieval:
https://youtu.be/-CYPkjXbUA0

As Athos said, b) isn't a thing because you are fielding historically possible armies.
c) is a nice idea, not currently a thing in Medieval
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”