Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

MarcoT.
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II - World Team Championship - Finals Recap

Post by MarcoT. »

Hello Everyone,

The World Team Championship is over and after many tough and balanced games, we have our first World Team Champion: Furor Gallico.

Furor Gallico consisted of four French members: dim30, Bodhran, Sennacherib and their team captain random27. It was an astonishing feat of skill and teamwork that took them to the peak of the world!

They played the final against another skilled and great team, the British Armchair Heroes. It is worth remembering the composition of the team: Stew101, Ericodoman1, lydianed and captain waltersavage.

The after action report written by random27, the last and decisive game of the challenge, makes for compelling reading when you consider it’s significance:

Period 2 : Furor Gallico losses 50 vs Armchair Heroes 51

The battlefield was composed of a large plain in his middle, on the right a big hill and on the left near the viking deployment line, a forest bordered a middle hill next to a rough ground
Arab army was a mixed force of infantry and cavalry, viking army was mostly only infantry with 3 superior cavs in support.

The arab plan was simple, a great force of cavalry followed by dailami and irregular rushed on the left whereas the arab foot lancers waited in the south east.

Thanks to great movements, the viking line managed to avoid the arabs cavs to take them by rear or flank, better than that, they pushed back their enemy and killed a lot of men. At the same time, the battle in the south began and after several turns, arab infantry, rejoined by the cavalry, destroyed the vikings.

Thanks to my opponent it was a great battle. I was under pressure, knowing the result of the other games, I knew I must not take a decisive defeat and I sometimes made moves for this purpose.

I have endured many feelings in the battle, because things didn't go like I wanted and it should have been the same for my opponent.

It seems that for this first edition, furor gallico is world team champion, like our motto says : IMPOSSIBLE NOT FOR (the) FRENCH

The 3rd and 4th place playoff challenge, between the american team Hell on the wheels and chinese team Qin, was absolutely conditioned by the tactics and fear of losing. Just 2 games out of 4 finished in time and the organizers had to adjudicate 2 games.

In this case the Solomonic decision was to not consider the unfinished games for the final score.

The challenge was a perfect draw, 1 victory for each side and Hell of wheels won the match for 8% casualty difference.

Final ranking:

World Champion
Furor Gallico, France
Team composed by: random27 (cap.), dim30, Bodhran, Sennacherib, Sivispacem (reserve)

Second Position:
Armchair Heroes, UK
Team composed by: Captainwaltersavage (cap.), Ericdoman1, lydianed, Stew101, carpkem (reserve)

Third Position:
Hell on the Wheels, USA
Team composed by: Aetius39 (cap.), deeter, karvon, pbuck777, rpadilla1988 (reserve)

We hope you enjoyed the World Team Championship.

Don’t forget Slitherine’s Tea Time on our Twitch Channel Slitherine.tv planned on Thursday 27th February as the captains of the finalist teams will be our special guests.

See you in the next WTC edition planned for September 2022.

Take care and stay healthy!

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”