Feedback

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Feedback

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am

We would welcome some feedback on this beta, even if only to say you have found nothing wrong.
Richard Bodley Scott

Athos1660
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Feedback

Post by Athos1660 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:50 pm

I've just played a SP battle. It worked fine. No issue detected. I'll test it again asap.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

Swuul
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Swuul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 pm

I played a hotseat MP test match against myself (to see how the new setup order goes and in general to see what new things there possibly are).

Nothing to report, everything worked as expected. Also I have to say, I like the new deployment order, much clearer this way, and both players get an equal number of turns if the match goes on to the end.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:32 am

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:03 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am
We would welcome some feedback on this beta, even if only to say you have found nothing wrong.
I could have a look, and in order to make it efficient: anything particular you'd like me to look out for? And SP or MP? (Will probably only have time for one of them.) If MP: any of you other guys who could be sparring with me?
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 am

kronenblatt wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:03 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am
I could have a look, and in order to make it efficient: anything particular you'd like me to look out for? And SP or MP? (Will probably only have time for one of them.) If MP: any of you other guys who could be sparring with me?
MP please. Custom Battles.
Richard Bodley Scott

Swuul

Post by Swuul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:41 pm

kronenblatt wrote:
If you set a match up, I should be able to pick it up in a couple hours.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Swuul wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:41 pm
kronenblatt wrote:
If you set a match up, I should be able to pick it up in a couple hours.
OK, great: I set it up now: a tiny battle just to identify any peculiarities. Full speed ahead. Thanks!

password: onefivethirtythr

So please let me know when you've accepted and made your deployment (I'm Side B, you're Side A).
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments as well as the Ever-Green League for Field of Glory II!

Swuul

Post by Swuul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 am

The test MP game between me and kronenblatt has advanced to turn 13, and we have so far found out no bugs. Kronenblatt did set up the match so that he took side B, ie I selected first, then he. In the current version he would have then taken his first turn (and thus I would have lost my 24th turn if the game had gone that far), but as per the beta change he did not get to take the turn directly and instead I was first to take the turn (and thus we both have 24 turns if it would come down to that); this is a change I like very much and it seems to be working excellently :)

No inconsistences in battle-replays so far as far I can tell in our match.

In SP I have tested the beta a bit more, and I am happy to tell the AI indeed does not fallback that "aggressively" when already Disrupted or Fragmented (actually, I have not seen that happen even once in my beta matches so far). I tried also a custom campaign, but I can't see any difference to what was before regarding the victory conditions (probably because I didn't notice issues even in the past; I suppose I should let the off the hook a bit and try to give the AI a chance...).

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:01 am

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 am

Swuul wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:15 am
The test MP game between me and kronenblatt has advanced to turn 13, and we have so far found out no bugs. Kronenblatt did set up the match so that he took side B, ie I selected first, then he. In the current version he would have then taken his first turn (and thus I would have lost my 24th turn if the game had gone that far), but as per the beta change he did not get to take the turn directly and instead I was first to take the turn (and thus we both have 24 turns if it would come down to that); this is a change I like very much and it seems to be working excellently :)

No inconsistences in battle-replays so far as far I can tell in our match.
I fully agree. Runs smoothly and according to expectations. (At first I thought it even ran much smoother than 1.5.32 but soon realised that we're playing at 600 FP whereas I normally play 1600 FP with full combat reports, etc. :D Because there aren't any adjustments to speed up calculations and graphical effects?)

On thing I've noticed though (but just from observations during 14 turns into one tiny battle, so no statistical significance at all) is that no fallbacks during close combat have taken place. Just coincidence, or a change in the beta?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:09 am

No such speed adjustments.

And yes, just coincidence.
Richard Bodley Scott

Swuul

Post by Swuul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:31 am

Our test-game (kroneblatt and me) has now ended, we have no anomalies to report.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:25 am

Swuul wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:31 am
Our test-game (kroneblatt and me) has now ended, we have no anomalies to report.
Yep, this beta seems to work fine. No glitches, no unexpected or undesired changes.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks.

We don't intend to release the official new version until after the current Slitherine tournament ends, and before the next season of FOG2DL.
Richard Bodley Scott

toska
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by toska » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:46 pm

I feel like it would have been nice to include new units like in the previous betas.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 am

toska wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:46 pm
I feel like it would have been nice to include new units like in the previous betas.
We are currently concentrating development effort on Medieval. This Ancients update is mainly to address various issues that have arisen rather than introducing new stuff.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II - Open Beta 1.5.33”