Camera and Lag

Moderator: rbodleyscott

SLancaster
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Camera and Lag

Post by SLancaster » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 pm

1. I mentioned this ages ago for FoG 2: Ancients. Will the camera ever be properly fixed so that you see all the combats? Most of the time the camera works okay. I think this is especially so for smaller battles. However, I am playing the Battle of Bouvines and the camera is quite bad. Combats are going on all the time off screen. Is it too much to ask for the camera to move over and above every unit in combat?

2. I sometimes also see lag in the game for some reason. The melees will resolve slowly and the numbers above the units will take ages to appear and be quite laggy. This issue doesn't happen a lot. 95% of the time there is no lag. Again, I saw it on the Battle of Bouvines. Maybe larger battles are causing issues for the game engine?
YouTube channel for FoG 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-hmTilBDJu7994Nxl-54g

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Camera and Lag

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:18 am

SLancaster wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 pm
1. I mentioned this ages ago for FoG 2: Ancients. Will the camera ever be properly fixed so that you see all the combats? Most of the time the camera works okay. I think this is especially so for smaller battles. However, I am playing the Battle of Bouvines and the camera is quite bad. Combats are going on all the time off screen. Is it too much to ask for the camera to move over and above every unit in combat?
How zoomed in do you play the game? (Screenshot please)
2. I sometimes also see lag in the game for some reason. The melees will resolve slowly and the numbers above the units will take ages to appear and be quite laggy. This issue doesn't happen a lot. 95% of the time there is no lag. Again, I saw it on the Battle of Bouvines. Maybe larger battles are causing issues for the game engine?
It is true that larger battles put more processing strain on the system, especially if some enemy units are not yet visible.
Richard Bodley Scott

SLancaster

Post by SLancaster » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm

I tried to zoom out and still a number of combats are off the screen. I am sure others have seen this happen. Sometimes no problem but when combats switch to the other side of map the camera doesn’t always follow.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:28 pm

SLancaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm
I tried to zoom out and still a number of combats are off the screen. I am sure others have seen this happen. Sometimes no problem but when combats switch to the other side of map the camera doesn’t always follow.
I will look into it again.
Richard Bodley Scott

grahamed
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by grahamed » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi Richard, just to say i too have found the camera does not always follow , almost always a zoom out sorts it, but not everytime.

SLancaster

Post by SLancaster » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:15 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:28 pm
SLancaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm
I will look into it again.
Okay, thanks. A great game and team. This little issue just keeps annoying me from time to time. Thanks for checking.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval Tech Support”