Cannot send turn in Tournament

Moderator: rbodleyscott

VenG
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Cannot send turn in Tournament

Post by VenG »

Hello!

I have a problem with my turn-I finished deployment, but cannot send the turn. What should I do?
Screen_00000012.jpg
Screen_00000012.jpg (345.82 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Cannot send turn in Tournament

Post by rbodleyscott »

Sometimes when this happens the turn has in fact been sent.

So you should exit the mission, and see whether the game is now in the My Turn tab or the Enemy Turn tab. If it is in the Enemy Turn tab it means that it was in fact sent. If it is in the My Turn tab, wait for a few minutes and try doing the turn again.
Richard Bodley Scott

VenG
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by VenG »

Thank you!

It is now in the oponent tab.
Chema_cagi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Chema_cagi »

I'm getting this problem since a couple of days ago (after having played a few tournament game turns). But unfortunately my games are not being sent...

The curious things are:

1. I've been able to play normally since my first games in FOG2:Medieval

2. I play usually several games in FOG2, OOB:Pacific, StrategicCommand WaW since a long time, and started getting errors since a couple days ago. Most of them solved after several (and annoying) attempts

3. I play other online games not related to Slitherine/Matrix servers without any problem, including game sessions at Lord of the Rings Online

I have sent already an email to Support, but just wanted to make it public for if someone has similar issues

Best regards and thanks for your attention
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Noted, thanks.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mairtin

Post by Mairtin »

I just received the same message as the OP. This is the first time it's happened for me.
In the game I am the Teutonic Order, and when it first loaded the names against the in game chat were reversed.
The replay of the turn started with the camera behind the Danish lines. I had not moved the camera to that position during the game.
During movement the selected unit was sort of flashing with the some of the movement squares being highlighted (sort of like the available moves) but usually just a single square, and the replay speed appeared to be a little slower than normal.
The combat appeared to proceed normally, and my turn also appeared to happen normally as well.
When it came time to submit the turn I got the failed to send message repeatedly, until I selected cancel.
The game was in "My Turn" when I cancelled, and even though I attempted to replay it as I had the first time, two of the combat outcomes were different.

I'm guessing the file was somehow corrupted when first sent, and that was why it couldn't be submitted? Does the game check the integrity of the file at all, either when it's received or at submission time?
Mairtin

Post by Mairtin »

I've just had the failed to send message again, 2 turns later. I wouldn't have had the turn open more than 5-10 minutes.
The positions I saw underneath the popup message were my positions at the beginning of my turn, and when I cancelled this time the game was in the "Enemy Turn".
Now I don't know if I've lost my turn, frustrating, as it was turn 17 and some crucial combats occurred.

edit: Luckily my opponent played his turn quickly and my turn did go through. Not sure why this is suddenly happening now.
Chema_cagi

Post by Chema_cagi »

I had my problem solved by deleting the Firewall rules related to both FOG2:Anc and FOG2:Med (I had the same problem playing both games).
Then restarted my computer.

Upon launch of the games, I was able to send my turn, with a final surprise: after sending the first game turn, I got a popup message asking me to allow installation of a security certificate from 'GoDaddy' (strange name) to Matrixgames.com. Somewhat reluctantly due to the enterprise name, I did allow installation of this certificate...and since then I have had no more problems.

I see you joined in 2020, february. As support explained me, it seemed like a problem due to expiration of that certificate...and a failure to update it automatically after a year; who knows why...But now I'm playing again both FOG2 games

Wishing you best of lucks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mairtin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 pm The positions I saw underneath the popup message were my positions at the beginning of my turn.
This is normal. When the game gets ready to send the turn it reverts to the situation at the start of your turn, and saves that and all the moves you made. The replay in the enemy turn then reconstructs the situation at the end of your turn.
edit: Luckily my opponent played his turn quickly and my turn did go through. Not sure why this is suddenly happening now.
We are still investigating why sometimes the game save goes through but the game thinks it hasn't, and then, of course, the server won't accept further attempts to upload because the turn has already been updated and the server has it as in the enemy in-tray.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mairtin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pmI'm guessing the file was somehow corrupted when first sent, and that was why it couldn't be submitted? Does the game check the integrity of the file at all, either when it's received or at submission time?
It does, although we have added some additional checks for the next version - they are currently being beta tested.
Richard Bodley Scott

Ray552
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Ray552 »

Having the same problems sending my turn as above.

Restarting the game, now I am unable to log into the MP server at all: "Unknown error."

[Edit] Working now, thanks for the fix.
Mairtin

Post by Mairtin »

Mairtin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm I just received the same message as the OP. This is the first time it's happened for me.
In the game I am the Teutonic Order, and when it first loaded the names against the in game chat were reversed.
The replay of the turn started with the camera behind the Danish lines. I had not moved the camera to that position during the game.
During movement the selected unit was sort of flashing with the some of the movement squares being highlighted (sort of like the available moves) but usually just a single square, and the replay speed appeared to be a little slower than normal.
The combat appeared to proceed normally, and my turn also appeared to happen normally as well.
When it came time to submit the turn I got the failed to send message repeatedly, until I selected cancel.
The game was in "My Turn" when I cancelled, and even though I attempted to replay it as I had the first time, two of the combat outcomes were different.

I'm guessing the file was somehow corrupted when first sent, and that was why it couldn't be submitted? Does the game check the integrity of the file at all, either when it's received or at submission time?
I just had a similar repeat of this happening. My camera was behind the enemy lines and the moving unit would sometimes have flashing highlighted movement boxes on the ground while moving.
Instead of playing my turn out this time I closed my client without saving, because I didn't want to save any corrupted info to the server, and reloaded the turn. It worked as normal on the reload.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mairtin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 am
Mairtin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm I just received the same message as the OP. This is the first time it's happened for me.

I just had a similar repeat of this happening. My camera was behind the enemy lines and the moving unit would sometimes have flashing highlighted movement boxes on the ground while moving.
Instead of playing my turn out this time I closed my client without saving, because I didn't want to save any corrupted info to the server, and reloaded the turn.
Very wise.
It worked as normal on the reload.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval Tech Support”