First Mongol Invasion of Hungary (1241-42) Campaign MOD

Moderator: rbodleyscott

galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

First Mongol Invasion of Hungary (1241-42) Campaign MOD

Post by galahad14 »

Hey!
After finishing the First Mongol Invasion of Poland I decided to focus on bigger Hungarian one. It'll feature 4 battles like the Polish one. The biggest of those will be Battle of Mohi with almost 100k soldiers involved in it! Its still WIP and its far from complete ;)

1. Battle of Brassó (31 March 1241)
2. Fight at the Sajó bridge (10/11 April 1241)
3. Battle of Mohi (11 April 1241)
4. Siege of Esztergom (January 1242) (Will make it winter scenario later)

CAMPAIGN:
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: First Mongol Invasion of Hungary (1241-42) Campaign MOD

Post by galahad14 »

That's how the AI works in Battle of Mohi ;)
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Night engagement prior to Battle of Mohi:

Main Battle of Mohi:

Siege of Esztergom:
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

That looks really great! :shock:

Very nicely done maps. Must have been a lot of work. Thanks for that!

And again: Congratulations on the release! :wink:

IC XC
NI KA
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Thank you Adegar :) hope maybe in the future we will be able to make some campaigns together
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

galahad14 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:04 pm hope maybe in the future we will be able to make some campaigns together
Never say never. But I haven´t got that much knowledge about (Western) Medieval warfare at all; I´m more interested in late antiquity, especially the Late Roman/Eastern Roman/Byzantine era (I have some ideas and plans for that, but only God knows if I´ll ever be able to realise them).

I´ve got some good info about the Battle of Worringen 1288 though (I did a Worringen scenario for FOG1 once ... well, ages ago, under a different alias). Perhaps - just perhaps - this could be my FOG2M project for 2021.

Yes, what about a collaborative campaign project ? We should contact each other as soon there´s a DLC at hand featuring Byzantines and Ottomans ... :wink:

IC XC
NI KA
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Adebar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:16 am
galahad14 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:04 pm hope maybe in the future we will be able to make some campaigns together
Never say never. But I haven´t got that much knowledge about (Western) Medieval warfare at all; I´m more interested in late antiquity, especially the Late Roman/Eastern Roman/Byzantine era (I have some ideas and plans for that, but only God knows if I´ll ever be able to realise them).

I´ve got some good info about the Battle of Worringen 1288 though (I did a Worringen scenario for FOG1 once ... well, ages ago, under a different alias). Perhaps - just perhaps - this could be my FOG2M project for 2021.

Yes, what about a collaborative campaign project ? We should contact each other as soon there´s a DLC at hand featuring Byzantines and Ottomans ... :wink:
Worringen you say? Its funny cause Im just about to make that battle for my Low Countries Campaign (1203-89)
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

galahad14 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 pm Worringen you say? Its funny cause Im just about to make that battle for my Low Countries Campaign (1203-89)
Ok, that's cool. Looking forward to your take of this piece of history of my former hometown ("some large, old decaying city near the Rhine" - E. A. Poe).

IC XC
NI KA
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Adebar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:08 pm
galahad14 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 pm Worringen you say? Its funny cause Im just about to make that battle for my Low Countries Campaign (1203-89)
Ok, that's cool. Looking forward to your take of this piece of history of my former hometown ("some large, old decaying city near the Rhine" - E. A. Poe).
Nice! Haha it'll be the largest battle in the entire Low Countries Campaign for sure ;)
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Excellent, galahad! I was just checking them out and they look awesome. I did find a small bug on the Battle of Brasso map, though. The stakes for the archers are showing up as yellow, texture-less, rectangles.

Love all your hard work. You make kickass battles! Thank you.

Mord.
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Mord wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm Excellent, galahad! I was just checking them out and they look awesome. I did find a small bug on the Battle of Brasso map, though. The stakes for the archers are showing up as yellow, texture-less, rectangles.

Love all your hard work. You make kickass battles! Thank you.

Mord.
Hey, thank you for your feedback!
Is that the problem only on this one map only with those stakes? It all worked for me when I was playing it few months ago (as you can see on pics in the first post here). Maybe its the case of the game's update or some DLC?
Mord
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Hey brother! That was my mistake. I was using modded terrain and apparently somewhere in the mod the stakes are screwed up or conflicting with something. I'll have to give it a look and figure out what's causing it. Sorry for wasting your time.

Mord.
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Mord wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:05 am Hey brother! That was my mistake. I was using modded terrain and apparently somewhere in the mod the stakes are screwed up or conflicting with something. I'll have to give it a look and figure out what's causing it. Sorry for wasting your time.

Mord.
No problem, Im happy my mod is alright ;)

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Modding”